X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
    Firstly, get rid of the TDK's.

Use either Vebatim or Taiyo Yuden.
    If they are bad why are they listed under quailty media on DVDFab website for fixing burning problems?
    Chris

Comment

Where?

Being a member here and on CD Freaks for years, the only media that seems to give consistent results is Verbatim & Taiyo Yuden.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

A) Use quality media

Taiyo Yuden (Media ID: TYGx, YUDENT) , not Valueline
        Verbatim (Media ID: MCC, MKM)
        Maxell Made In Japan (Media ID: MXLRG0x)
        TDK from Costco
        Use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x for double layer blank media. Don't use -R DL (useless format).
        Chris

Comment

Yeah, I found it. Fab have been asked to remove this a few times as it it incorrect and confusing. We will ask again.

My comments on TY & Verbatim still stand and any other mod or long term user will tell you the same.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

My comments on TY & Verbatim still stand and any other mod or long term user will tell you the same.
            And I will second that.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
            Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
              I use TDK DVD-R and was wondering what the code is for these to use in imgburn. I have been using dvdfab for three or four years and I think I will try using it in conjuction with img burn. Any help would be appreciated.
              please watch the video linked to in the first post.

please insert blank media to set auto write speeds

with your blank media in your dvd burning drive, imgburn will give you the MID of your blanks.

TDK doesn,t make their own media anymore. if you are using 16x DVD-R they are probably TTH02 made in Taiwan by CMC Magnetics Corp. while these blanks do not meet the same quality as Verbatim and TY the CMC made TTH02 are better than ALOT of the stuff out there.

Comment

Quick question Troy512. Thanks for your help, to start. Like imgburn so far but I am getting an error, (DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME)Failed! Reason access denied. Is this because DvdFab is using at same time? Went to imgburn and the faq is basically saying another program is using.
                Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

I don't see Troy on so I'll take a stab.
                  Is the burn successful?
                  If so, I believe that Troy stated this is a normal finding in the burn log, but I could be wrong and and we can wait for Troy for clarification.

Myself, I have never seen this error in any of my logs.
                  I almost always use Img, but on occasion I still use VSO, usually to help troubleshoot for another user.

I have seen this error appear however, and cause problems for users, just as LUK! described on the Img site.
                  In these instances, VSO was indeed competing for exclusive access and the burn failed with both burn engines.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

@ chris

Do you use ver. 2.5.0.0 of ImgBurn?

Comment

Maineman... yes the burn was sucessfull. Just not sure of this error.

G... yes this is the imgburn I downloaded yesterday.
                      Chris

Comment

Well, in my own crazy world, I am constantly reminded of the adage,

Recommend that you do nothing unless Troy says otherwise...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

TKS Maineman! Just wasnt sure. I do like the layout of the log for imgburn and also really enjoy this new forum. I have gotten alot of usefull info over the last week and its easier than sorting through the CD freaks forums. Good job to all!!
                          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                            TKS Maineman! Just wasnt sure. I do like the layout of the log for imgburn and also really enjoy this new forum. I have gotten alot of usefull info over the last week and its easier than sorting through the CD freaks forums. Good job to all!!
                            Glad to help Chris, and thanks for the thumbs up on the new DVDFab Forum!
                            Last edited by maineman; 09-20-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.
                              DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_DISMOUNT_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.
                              this was normal and ok to see this in the ImgBurn log when used with DVDFab. However there have been changes to how ImgBurn handles and reports Locking of the drive. When using ImgBurn 2.5.0.0 you should not see this in the log. you should see

Lock Volume: Yes
                              i would suggest burning a disc with ImgBurn alone and check the log. if you are still seeing the lock volume failed then its not DVDFab which has access to the drive. you can then use process explorer from System Internals. do a search for 'cdrom'.
                              Find out what files, registry keys and other objects processes have open, which DLLs they have loaded, and more.

Last edited by troy512; 09-21-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by troy512 View Post
                                When using ImgBurn 2.5.0.0 you should not see this in the log.
                                The user might not have the right Windows version or latest Service Packs installed to be able to use that new feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X