Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRM Downloader not opening any of the browsers to access websites for downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Downloader not opening any of the browsers to access websites for downloading

when i open DRM downloader and click on any of the modules (netflix, amazon, cbs, hbo, etc.) nothing happens. the website does not launch at all. It seams like it tries to launch and a second DRM downloader icon will show up in the taskbar, but it is not active. It acts very much like the internal browser is being blocked from fully launching to the website.
    If i download version 3.0.0.0, netflix launches perfectly fine and i can download shows with no problem. But if i upgrade to any version after that the internal browsers do not launch for any of the available streaming streaming sites.
    has anyone run into this issue?
    I have tried EVERTHING!!!
    1. deleted cache
    2. deleted all cookies
    3. turned off firewall and antivirus
    4. tried edge, chrome, and firefox browsers
    5. made sure the pop-up blockers were disabled and allowed all cookies in browser settings
    6. complete removal of DVDfab and fresh install of each version after 3.0.0.0 (none of them worked) only 3.0.0.0 works
    7. run as administrator.
    8. restart computer after removal of downloader and before installing fresh copy.
    9. made sure windows and graphics driver were all up to date.

please help. i see several people are able to launch into the websites (problems exist) but at least are able to launch into the websites and start a download.
    I am running windows 10 pro, and have no third party virus software installed. AMD RX580 graphics card and Intel core I7 processor.

Attached Files

Are you logged in to your account for the service you are attempting to download? Sorry to report I can’t duplicate the problem and I see no errors in your log. The developers will need to check it when they return after the holiday.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have had this problem also. I found that if you shut the program down and turn it back on it will go to the page. You might have to do it a few times.

Comment

At least on Amazon.

Comment

I don't have any problems... Using it right now .. do it on a different computer...

Comment

Dumb question, but do you have any virtual desktops/monitors? Sometimes, apps open on them, so you have to press <Windows key> + <Shift> + <Left or right arrow key> all together to send it to a physical monitor.

Comment

i tried the shut down and restart idea and that didnt work, I did that about 10 times.
              I am not running virtual computer or other monitors, i still tried windows+shift to see it was hiding, but it is not.
              my only other computer is a MAC so i cannot try on a different computer.

just to reiterate that if i install version 3.0.0.0 everything works just fine. This problem only exists in version 3.0.0.1 and newer.
              so something in the software code has changed on how the DRM internal browser opens in windows 10.

Comment

Mine has been doing that with Amazon lately. I have to close it and reopen it completely for the page to load so I can select a video. It's weird. I'm also running the latest 1.0.1.5 version.

Comment

Hi kermit1711, sorry that you are having trouble, I have passed your log file to the developer.

UPDATE:
                  We cannot duplicate. Please try again and feedback with the latest log file. Thanks.

Comment

UPDATE:
                    I have solved the issue!
                    The problem, I am pretty sure was with my dual boot system. (sorry i forgot to mention this initially but didn't think it was relevant) I have both Mac OS and windows 10 running on the same computer. what I did was uninstall DVDfab downloader from my macOs system and then booted into windows 10 and now dvdfab downloader works. I have no clue why this caused a conflict with only DRM downloader (all dvdfab products including regular downloader worked), but DRM downloader now works. HBO Max still has the download issue as of version 3.0.1.6, but i know the developers are still working on a solution.

Comment

Hi Kermit, thank you for the update, glad that you got it to work.

Comment

Working...
                      X