No announcement yet.

Netflix download issues - any series or movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, not only do I have a problem with downloading in real time, Amazon prime won't download at all.
    First I got this message: "Failed to load URL primevideo://watch.amazon.com/detail?asin=B000M2O1U6&action=download&territory=U S&ref_=atv_dp_atf_vod_sd_mv_dwld_t1ALAAAAAA0wr0_at v_dwld_web_pvwa_dp with error ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME (-302)."

I also another message from (somewhere) that said Fire Fox not supported. That was strange, especially since I was running MS Edge at the time. - I then installed Fires Fox and it still didn't work. Which makes this software TWICE as useless!

Sorry if I sound sound critical, but somehow I think that the ScreenFab team needs to do their homework..

Comment

The developers are working hard and they will fix the problems soon. They are not responsible if the providers change their DRM algorithm.

Comment

I understand.

Comment

New user of Netflix downloader. I have experienced that many of the movies and TV Series I've tried to download have failed. I understand that there is a current problem with DRM changes at Netflix, but my question for any long time users of this program is "Are there always certain movies, etc on the Netflix site that fail to download? In other words does this downloader ever work on 100 percent of the videos on Netflix"?

Comment

Originally posted by rcstan View Post
            New user of Netflix downloader. I have experienced that many of the movies and TV Series I've tried to download have failed. I understand that there is a current problem with DRM changes at Netflix, but my question for any long time users of this program is "Are there always certain movies, etc on the Netflix site that fail to download? In other words does this downloader ever work on 100 percent of the videos on Netflix"?
            Anything new seems to fail, some older titles work but I have a feeling they're working through their back catalogue which is why some of the older movies or tv series "may" still download but the whole thing may have been processed by their new drm by now as its been a couple of weeks so they have had the time to get through it. It might be a 6 monthly thing that is "normal" for them as they change the key. Im sure it will get sorted soon and we'll probably go through it again come the new year as they change it again (unless its an annual update by the streaming services). We'll find out I guess

Comment

And, I hope they'll also investigate and resolve the download speed issue. It is best to download from any source in real time, not turbo. This worked in the earlier versions, but not the current one.

Comment

Originally posted by PDWhite View Post
                And, I hope they'll also investigate and resolve the download speed issue. It is best to download from any source in real time, not turbo. This worked in the earlier versions, but not the current one.
                I Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by PDWhite View Post
                  Could you guys expand on that request, to like what's that issue you are having.......some people/users........have computers and internet speed connections to keep up with faster downloads, this was even asked from several users earlier on, as download times for a movie and series was playing in real time. The problem is that option is gone in places and not provided across the board with the streaming sites available with these latest releases. The best option is to have a radial option for both those that want faster download times and those that prefer downloading their context as it is being played.
                  Last edited by Down2Earth; 06-19-2021, 03:00 AM.

Comment

I'm running on a 1 Gig WAN and my household LAN is full gig, too. There is nothing abnormal here. Even if I set no computer' LAN port to run at 10/100, it would still download at nearly full speed.

The only real solution is to have the real-time/turbo download switch in the application.

As for the download failing, it could be user error or a DRM problem. or a user-timing error. Either way, these things should be fixed..

IMO the analyzing gets started far too early, often when the program is in preview mode. This could be the cause of the error/download fail problem.

Another potential problem is having someone doing the prerelease testing who knows the application so well that they don't catch the errors.
                    That could also explain them not catching the real-time/turbo download
                    problem.

I really hope they fix these glitches soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X