New user to StreamFab and having download issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user to StreamFab and having download issues

I just got StreamFab and having download speed issues. My internet speed via SpeedTest.net is 201Mbps Down and 5.65Mbps Up. However, when I download anything from Amazon, Netflix, Peacock it only downloads under 1Mbps but sometimes much slower than that. Is there something I am doing wrong?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Chuck

try checking your antivirus / firewall settings
    see if those are aren't blocking anything.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I just use what comes on Windows 10. Not sure what/how to check to see if something is being blocked. Any suggestions?

Comment

in the windows 10 search box, just type firewall
        once the firewall settings show, click the restore default settings
        restart streamfab and see if downloads are still slow.

Comment

Thanks again for the information and may try that but right now, I am seeing fast downloads again from at least Netflix. I don't know what the issue was yesterday as I know I didn't go over the 50 download limit in 24 hours, especially for Amazon and Peacock since I hadn't downloaded anything from them before. I know my internet speed was good too as indicated in my first post it was over 200Mbps down via SpeedTest.net.

Does each provider (Netflix, Amazon, Peacock, etc.) have their own maximum download speeds or can they vary depending on their load?

Thanks,
          Chuck

Comment

Well, 7 out of 8 shows downloaded in about 30 minutes for a 55 minute episode except the last one. It took about 61 minutes for a 55 minute episode. This is on Netflix and I haven't downloaded anything from there for over 24 hours from there. Not sure what is going on. Right now, it seems like the 9th show is downloading fast again. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
            Thanks,
            Chuck

Comment

I could be wrong but I would guess it's the streaming services allocating bandwidth. 5mbps sounds close to the minimum you would need if you were streaming HD content in real time. I don't think it has anything to do with StreamFab. I've also experienced some of the slower speeds but it hasn't bothered me to much.

Comment

I appreciate all the input on my issue, however I still think I have a problem with something.

I just got home after letting it download all day. I'm still getting very slow downloads. In some cases a 55 minute episode took over 90 minutes to download. Some are a little better at a little over an hour. The strange thing the first 2 episodes this morning was good taking only 15 minutes in on the first one and 30 minutes on the second one. All of these episodes are around 55 minutes, from Netflix and the same Show and season.

I guess it could be Netflix but I thought worst case the downloads would take no more than the show length, give or take 5 minutes or so. However, that is not what I am seeing.

Any additional ideas are appreciated. I wish a developer or someone from DVDFab would give their input on this.

Thanks,
                Chuck

Comment

Suggestion: check your system resources, something else may be hogging your bandwidth.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the input signals. I was looking at the task manager during these periods and overall network usage was no where near my speed of 200Mbps. I made sure nothing was running during this time to make sure.

In any case, I have an open ticket about this issue and working through that process to hope to get this figured out.

Thanks,
                    Chuck

Comment

Working...
                    X