Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is Apple going to PROPERLY work here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is Apple going to PROPERLY work here?

We've been going on better than a month of Apple downloading in garbage quality for newer episodes . This is unacceptable. When will this be returned to a proper quality and level of service?

Do you mean the fact that its downloading 720p since they switched to the faster download method rather than 1080p? (which 720p is listed here -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ted#post387865 )

Or do you mean you are getting even lower resolution than that? Or both?

If your complaint is lower than 720p, please post logs. It couldn't hurt if you share them so the developers have as much data to look at as they can.

Mona Logs I'm attaching here are from today, Streamfab v.5.0.0.6 and have:

Some Ted Lasso (S02) episodes: 864x432
    A Charlie Brown Christmas: 648x486
    Bruce Springsteen's Letter To You: 862x360
    (Tom Hank's movie) Finch: 864x362

Definitely NOT 720p Can you get the developers to look at and fix?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KidJoe; 11-29-2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Two completely separate issues

This (the massively lower quality issue) has been a known issue for weeks now, made very public on the forums, and logs have been posted, multiple times now. The sad thing is that they know how to fix this. It's been brought up many, many times. They just refuse to do so.

As far as 1080 vs 720, there's really no debate. The standard is 1080, not 720. The 1080 way still works, but cuts off everything else, given the age of the software , because these individuals felt like 'faster downloads' was a benefit worth sacrificing quality over (they're not)
      Last edited by twhiting9275; 11-30-2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
        Two completely separate issues

This (the massively lower quality issue) has been a known issue for weeks now, made very public on the forums, and logs have been posted, multiple times now. The sad thing is that they know how to fix this. It's been brought up many, many times. They just refuse to do so.
        Why is it every bug you say "they know how to fix it but refuse to do so" ? Do you have insight into the development team?

And I would still keep posting logs as long as this is an issue, or keep replying in the original thread so they know its the same issue you're talking about.

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
        As far as 1080 vs 720, there's really no debate. The standard is 1080, not 720. The 1080 way still works, but cuts off everything else, given the age of the software , because these individuals felt like 'faster downloads' was a benefit worth sacrificing quality over (they're not)
        I rolled back to prior version, before the change for faster downloads, and I could not download anything. So Not sure they way THEY were doing the downloads still works.
        Last edited by KidJoe; 11-30-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

All,
          Please continue to supply logs when posting about a problem. The StreamFab creators have no motive to remove features or reduce performance, I can’t imagine what it would be, so avoid assuming they have such motives or assert that they do unless you can back it up with facts.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't have buttons in StreamFab browser for the Apple+ site menu bar to go anywhere. Can't access 'Watch Now', 'AppleTV+', 'Movies', 'TV Shows', or search. Only things I can download are the shows and movies they are advertising. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

Mona Logs I'm attaching here are from today, Streamfab v.5.0.0.6 and have:

Some Ted Lasso (S02) episodes: 864x432
              A Charlie Brown Christmas: 648x486
              Bruce Springsteen's Letter To You: 862x360
              (Tom Hank's movie) Finch: 864x362

Definitely NOT 720p Can you get the developers to look at and fix?
              Okay. I have passed the info and log file to the developer, they will check if there is a problem.

Comment

I too see the same resolutions as KidJoe from ATV+

Comment

Originally posted by MTShipp View Post
                  I too see the same resolutions as KidJoe from ATV+
                  Please post your logs from the log folder. ON Windows they can be found in [UserProfile]\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab Or use the menu -> Feedback while in StreamFab so they have as much details as they can to work from

Comment

Working...
                  X