Amazon Prime DRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime DRM

Yesterday I was able to download files from Amazon Prime. Today I receive the error " Failure to Analyze Video". I've tried a variety of Video's with the same results. I have submitted my logs via email. Perhaps Amazon has changed their DRM encryption again.

Hope not! Thanks for the feedback, the devs will check it out.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I can't confirm - it works fine for me. All downloads from amazon prime are successful so far....

Greetings from Germany

Comment

Amazon is up to something. I bought some newer movies and downloaded them. When I tried to play them remotely from my phone, they wouldn't play. Seems like it is on downloads for purchases since 1st of the year from what I can tell. That means not only did they mess with DRM for the download process but did something where you can't remote access and play your files. A double problem if true

Comment

Originally posted by isrdude View Post
          Amazon is up to something. I bought some newer movies and downloaded them. When I tried to play them remotely from my phone, they wouldn't play. Seems like it is on downloads for purchases since 1st of the year from what I can tell. That means not only did they mess with DRM for the download process but did something where you can't remote access and play your files. A double problem if true
          do older movies play remotely from your phone ??

Comment

Yes...everything prior to December 28th plays ok...I was using Plex to try and play remotely. Then I discovered that the files will not play even if I'm connected to my server via wifi to play the file. Play fine directly from my home server. At first I thought it was Plex until I couldn't even play the files via my wifi at home. The only thing that I can see is that maybe the file sizes are just too big....only reason I could see they don't play on Plex or directly from wifi.
            Last edited by isrdude; 01-17-2022, 05:18 AM.

Comment

OK, follow up, I can get the files to play on plex with a wifi connection at home. So now it's remote connection and I'm thinking that it's either an encryption issue that Amazon inserted or these files are being downloaded at a large size that won't playback. I've noticed the files are HUGE even old movies that I've downloaded in the recent week. I downloaded a 1960 movie that is black and white and it is 8 GB in size. I shouldn't think it would be that large of a file. I've tried downloads from HBO Max and Paramount Plus (downloads from this week)....no problems with remote playback. It's just Amazon so I really suspect they inserted something when they changed the DRM recently
              Last edited by isrdude; 01-17-2022, 05:47 AM.

Comment

i done a heap of downloads and not had issue 5.0.1.6

Comment

Can't speak of StreamFab and Amazon, but so far there has been no complaint issues yet about the Amazon Prime rips from the scene.
                  Friday i downloaded Eternals which has Amazon Prime as source, which naturally takes up more space than usual because of those 2.5 hours run time.
                  No problems watching that one using my media player, where the harddisc is hooked up directly to it using USB.
                  But then again, my media player is also designed being able to handle BD-ISO, so also being able to handle very high bitrates.

Oh almost forgot to tell i downloaded Eternals in 1080p and that the file size is just about 11 GB.
                  Last edited by Per K; 01-17-2022, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Some additional information. I have another Windows 10 PC that has Streamfab 5.01.6 installed. Downloads from Amazon work just fine on this machine, but it has not installed the most recent Windows update. The other machine that was presenting the error has the latest update from Microsoft. It appears that the problem could be with Windows and not with Amazon. Maybe?

Comment

Working...
                    X