Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reencoding

Hello all

I haven’t used the service since the DRM issues in December. I liked that I could download the files from the actual services. What put me off was when I downloaded one (can’t remember which now) and it said “reencoding”. It’s been a while and I am wondering if this is still the case or are all Amazon downloads now truly 1:1 downloads?

Thank you.

Please attach the StreamFab log, your most recent log session. Does it work ok? If yes, it makes no difference whether it got there by download or reencoding, does it?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Please attach the StreamFab log, your most recent log session. Does it work ok? If yes, it makes no difference whether it got there by download or reencoding, does it?
      Seeing as a message pops up saying it will be reencoded and quality won’t be as good as the original, yes, it matters. As an admin, you should understand any encoding reduces quality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatOne View Post
        Hello all

I haven’t used the service since the DRM issues in December. I liked that I could download the files from the actual services. What put me off was when I downloaded one (can’t remember which now) and it said “reencoding”. It’s been a while and I am wondering if this is still the case or are all Amazon downloads now truly 1:1 downloads?

Thank you.
        yeah it's downloading now. And obviously it makes a difference quality wise.

Comment

The latest version does not re-encode. Please remove the current version and then download the offline version 5019 to have a try https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64 first.

Comment

Originally posted by yuh View Post

yeah it's downloading now. And obviously it makes a difference quality wise.
            I know that. You know that. But according to an Admin, it’s the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              The latest version does not re-encode. Please remove the current version and then download the offline version 5019 to have a try https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64 first.
              then the setting H.265/H.264 codec just applied for Amazon & HBO MAX right? all other download would be AVC1 and cannot use H.265 for file size saving? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hk9527 View Post

then the setting H.265/H.264 codec just applied for Amazon & HBO MAX right? all other download would be AVC1 and cannot use H.265 for file size saving? thanks
                Yes, for now, only HBO Max and Amazon supports H.265 codec.

Comment

I am having an issue with 5120 and Peacock, it just analyses, and stays like that. EDIT- I reverted to 5019 and Peacock works fine but Tubi doesn't work, I guess I will just go back and forth in-between versions, not a big deal.
                  Last edited by Chameleon; 02-16-2022, 04:37 PM.
                  Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    You are correct signals, what difference should it make? You get a great output either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                      I am having an issue with 5120 and Peacock, it just analyses, and stays like that. EDIT- I reverted to 5019 and Peacock works fine but Tubi doesn't work, I guess I will just go back and forth in-between versions, not a big deal.
                      Please provide a v5020 log file for the issue with Peacock.
                      Also, to confirm, you tried the same video and it worked in v5019?

Comment

Mona, nothing gets past analysing in Peacock, I don't know how to use the log file. I am on 5021 and it still doesn't work. Nothing will get past analyzing, but 5019 will do it fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                          Mona, nothing gets past analysing in Peacock, I don't know how to use the log file. I am on 5021 and it still doesn't work. Nothing will get past analyzing, but 5019 will do it fine.
                          The Peacock problem is fixed, the fix will be available in the v5022. Please kindly wait, thank you.

Comment

Thank you Mona, excellent service

Comment

Working...
                            X