StreamFab 5.0.2.4 HBO Max 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 5.0.2.4 HBO Max 4K

In the options menu of StreamFab 5.0.2.4 is checked to download HBO Max in 4K when available. I checked on my Roku and it shows Godzilla vs Kong available in 4K and Dolby Vision, but when I download in StreamFab I only get 1080p. Am I overlooking something, or is something wrong with this version? Please advise - Thanks!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by JRobert View Post
    In the options menu of StreamFab 5.0.2.4 is checked to download HBO Max in 4K when available. I checked on my Roku and it shows Godzilla vs Kong available in 4K and Dolby Vision, but when I download in StreamFab I only get 1080p. Am I overlooking something, or is something wrong with this version? Please advise - Thanks!
    are you on the Ad free plan ?? - https://help.hbomax.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001167

Comment

I never knew there were ads on HBO Max as I've never seen one, so I guess I am on the ad free plan. Also, I can get the aforementioned movie in 4K on my Roku to my TV just fine; just not on StreamFab.

Comment

I'm judging from the silence here that 4K downloads from HBO Max don't actually work, so why the check box on StreamFab for that option?

Comment

Originally posted by JRobert View Post
          I'm judging from the silence here that 4K downloads from HBO Max don't actually work, so why the check box on StreamFab for that option?
          go into the vip settings - then under video codec (amazon & HBO Max), set it to H265 and then retry godzilla vs kong
          and see if you get the 4K. see post #18 for more info - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...download/page2

Comment

The availability of 4K on HBO Max is title specific. I have noticed titles that were in 4K in the past are not anymore. One movie in particular I confirmed Mortal Kombat (2021). The changes seem to be who has control. For example the title i mentioned was available during its run on HBO Max during theatrical release. Now it's not available and it is listed as being under the control of HBO instead of HBO Max.
            Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
              The availability of 4K on HBO Max is title specific. I have noticed titles that were in 4K in the past are not anymore. One movie in particular I confirmed Mortal Kombat (2021). The changes seem to be who has control. For example the title i mentioned was available during its run on HBO Max during theatrical release. Now it's not available and it is listed as being under the control of HBO instead of HBO Max.
              You are correct....seems 4K at premiere and then they are removed after so many days....most return at only 1080p
              BTW...if I try to go to HBO, it sends me to HBOMAX....where Mortal Kombat is available and at 4K.
              Last edited by jimc115; 03-19-2022, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

You are correct....seems 4K at premiere and then they are removed after so many days....most return at only 1080p
                BTW...if I try to go to HBO, it sends me to HBOMAX....where Mortal Kombat is available and at 4K.
                Thanks for this post. I was able to get the title to show available as 4K after retrying.
                Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

I was able to get ZS Justice League in 4k, was a 32+ GB file.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post

Thanks for this post. I was able to get the title to show available as 4K after retrying.
                    Excellent!

Comment

Working...
                    X