Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPD DRM Downloader max. 720p?

Hey,

so I've been waiting for the MPD DRM Downloader for about 2 months now, and the max resolution that is downloadable seems to be 720p, regardless what website I test it on. Will it be possible to download in 1080p any time soon? Last year, when I manually downloaded/decrypted from those streaming services (like Chili, Kinopoisk & TIMvision) with the Widevine Guesser, 1080p wasn't a problem at all, which is why I don't understand why this limit seems to exist...

It's that time again for me to show my ignorance.....

I am a current DVDFab 365 subscriber..... I had been using StreamFab x64 version 5.0.3.0 with no problems whatsoever.....

When I read about the DRM-MPD_Downloader..... I updated to the latest StreamFab x64 version 5.0.3.3.....

I also downloaded StreamFab_DRM-MPD_Downloader_5033 and installed it.....

How or where do I access this DRM-MPD Downloader which according to what I read is supposed to allow me to download Starz and Showtime videos.....

If those two sites are supposed to be showing up with all the rest of the sites when I click on VIP Services..... they are not.....

Anyone have any assistance to offer?..... or tell me where I went wrong?.....

Thanks!

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

I am a current DVDFab 365 subscriber..... I had been using StreamFab x64 version 5.0.3.0 with no problems whatsoever.....

When I read about the DRM-MPD_Downloader..... I updated to the latest StreamFab x64 version 5.0.3.3.....

How or where do I access this DRM-MPD Downloader which according to what I read is supposed to allow me to download Starz and Showtime videos.....

If those two sites are supposed to be showing up with all the rest of the sites when I click on VIP Services..... they are not.....

Thanks!
      Just open the website you want to download from manually in the address bar. When you start playing the video, a popup should appear.

Comment

Thanks!
        see at the bottom of the page - https://streamfab.com/drm-mpd-downloader?ad=changelog
        for instructions for use.

Comment

@lalkanezdes..... Thank you for your response..... It worked just as you said.....

However..... and this is directed to DVDFab..... contrary to what I read about DRM-MPD_Downloader..... the video is downloaded in MP4 format and there is no option to change that format to MKV.....

The writeup from DVDFab had said that the default would be MP4..... but there would be a popup that allowed the user to change to MKV if they so desired..... the exact text as it appears is as follows.....

- - - - - - - - - -

"Save the output videos as popular MP4/MKV format

Regarding the video format of the downloaded videos, MP4 is the default format to make sure you can play them on any device at hand.

That being said, there is still an extra option to save the downloads in MKV format, just in case your personal preference."

- - - - - - - - - -

Maybe someone from DVDFab could comment on this.....

But let me thank lalkanezdes again for their response..... It was exactly the remedy for what I had described.

Comment

I paid for Streamfab all in one now I'm being asked to pay for the MPD downloader. Am I part of the biggest scam ever?

Comment

Yes also for me, there is a 1080p on a service and MPD DRM take only 720p.. 1080p is possible in chrome browser....dont require L1 CDM. So I dont know why, and also for the audio
              some service has 5.1 ac3 in chrome without L1 but this MPD DRM is only AAC.....
              And dont download the best bitrate (when there's more that one for the same resolution) of the select resolution

example:

[ 0]. Video => [2_3] [2820 Kbps] [avc1.64001f] [1024x576]
              [ 1]. Video => [2_2] [2060 Kbps] [avc1.64001f] [1024x576]
              [ 2]. Video => [2_1] [1266 Kbps] [avc1.64001e] [768x432]

MPD DRM downloader download 1 at 2060Kbps not the best at 2820kbps
              Last edited by IceT; 05-11-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

This thing is all over the place..... It's throwing out duplicate files..... It does not download subtitles..... There is no option to download as MKV.....

and it was definitely not ready to be published for use.....

This should operate under the same standards and user interface as StreamFab..... but it does not......

Heck..... StreamFab doesn't even operate under a set of standards..... Every site has a different popup.....

I must be getting old..... I can remember when.....

Nevermind..... forget it.

Comment

I am a bit confused. I downloaded it to test today and after downloading 1 video from My5 it is saying I have to upgrade for the 2nd download, but it said at the start I have 3 free downloads ? I tried my 2nd video from ITV Hub. Is it only allowing 3 downloads from the same website ? Even though ITV is also MPD ?

Also I noticed the audio was only 32khz so sounded quite poor, not sure if that can be addressed ? Thanks.

Comment

@lalkanezdes..... Thank you for your response..... It worked just as you said.....

However..... and this is directed to DVDFab..... contrary to what I read about DRM-MPD_Downloader..... the video is downloaded in MP4 format and there is no option to change that format to MKV.....

The writeup from DVDFab had said that the default would be MP4..... but there would be a popup that allowed the user to change to MKV if they so desired..... the exact text as it appears is as follows.....

- - - - - - - - - -

"Save the output videos as popular MP4/MKV format

Regarding the video format of the downloaded videos, MP4 is the default format to make sure you can play them on any device at hand.

That being said, there is still an extra option to save the downloads in MKV format, just in case your personal preference."

- - - - - - - - - -

Maybe someone from DVDFab could comment on this.....

But let me thank lalkanezdes again for their response..... It was exactly the remedy for what I had described.
                    go into settings - VIP Services - change under "video format" MP4 to MKV
                    then retry the DRM MPD Downloader again, just tried and episode from POP TV and it
                    downloaded the video in MKV format.

Comment

where is the file to download this new DRM MPD downloader?
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                        I believe when you upgrade to the new version 5.0.3.3 you automatically have it embedded in your StreamFab software.

Look at your license info after you upgrade - it shows me I have 3 uses after upgrading to 5.0.3.3

Last edited by Mike_M; 05-11-2022, 05:35 PM.

Comment

@october262..... I also thank you for your response.....

I never thought to look in settings since I had that particular set for MKV which is always my preference,,,,,

Obviously..... the update to StreamFab x64 5.0.3.3 decided to change this setting..... which I have now changed back to MKV.....

I ran another movie and it appears to have downloaded in MKV.....

There are so many things wrong with this process it is a waste of time for me to sit and explain.....

I get two files for each movie I attempt to download through this procedure..... and instead of the title of the movie..... I get files labeled Showtime and a six digit number..... for example "SHOWTIME #123456"..... and there is more..... but as I said..... I'm not wasting any more time on this..... DVDFab will have to fix it eventually and I'll just wait it out and let others beat their heads against a wall.....

StreamFab proper has been running perfectly for me with no problems and I was so looking forward to being able to have the same results now with Showtime and Starz through the DRM-MPD_Downloader..... Yeah!..... Maybe someday.....

It all boils down to attention to detail..... All of these things.....

Again..... @october262.....Thank you for your reply..... You time is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

DRM MPD Downloader supports downloading the DRM-encrypted MPD files without advertisement from streaming websites without advertisement and outputting the videos in compatible MP4/MKV formats.

Comment

The email ad I got said this should work with XFinity. I tried a few shows, an episode of Better Call Saul, Survivor but no luck. Has anyone got this to work with XFinity?

Comment

Working...
                              X