5.0.3.3 - CW Network - some downloads for video are 0 kB size after download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Per K View Post

Yes, because the only security they have is preventing you from direct downloading using something like IDM or one of these other standard video downloaders.
    But since it reads the M3U8 link instead, then it can circumvent that download blockage.
    Oh forgot to mention, that the main problem is their unstable servers. I get frequent HLS errors in the browser and sometimes the download also fails due to the servers many times instability, there its their servers identified as dlvr1, dlvr2 and so on who are their absolute most unstable ones.
    try this on the pilot episode of sleepy hollow on the CW, the only thing the stream detector is detecting is the DASH stream (DRM).

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try this on the pilot episode of sleepy hollow on the CW, the only thing the stream detector is detecting is the DASH stream (DRM).
      Strange, but they do have some server issues at the moment. I'm strugling with S03E01 of Stargirl, where the download all of a sudden just dies after a while.
      But yesterday i had no issues when downloading episodes of Krypton.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

I gave it a try myself and the only thing I got were URLs for DASH and VTT. That was with The Stream Detector which I've had for awhile. Per K said that he uses M3U8 Stream Detector which appears to be a fork of the Detector I use. I loaded the M3U8 one up but I couldn't get it to show any URLs. I downloaded JDownloader 2 but I couldn't figure it out. It seems like the kind of program that you have to use for awhile before it becomes useful. It's not one to load up to run a quick experiment on, like this. I uninstalled it. Since Stream Detector gave me a DASH URL I figured why not just use StreamFab with it. Things started off good. It completed the initial analysis and it showed it could download as a 720p video. I started the download and it showed it going into analysis and then it failed. Oh, well. Mona said they could duplicate the problem and are working on a fix so I'll wait for that. I'm more interested in Bunheads which has the same problem. One thing I hope the developer fixes when he works on it is to correct the episode numbers. CW always list the episodes like S03E304 when it should be simply S03E04. If I don't remember to manually correct the episode number it confuses the heck out of my media manager.

Comment

I have been using Jdownloader 2 for a long time to download regular files, before i discovered the M3U8 Stream Detector method as well for it.
          But i can confirm that it works again with downloading from The CW, i am also being offereded download directly from CW's own server.
          Successfully downloaded yet another episode of Krypton and is about to finish the second one.
          But it looks like its time based when it works the best for me. Here we have passed 9pm CET and everything is going smoothly with the downloading.

Comment

Working...
          X