netflix titles with descriptive audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

netflix titles with descriptive audio

recently got cloverfield paradox and operation micemeat from netflix. both came with descriptive audio playing, and i selected none for subtitles. Can't figure how to turn this off. tried in both power dvd and plex. i don't see any setting to get rid of the descriptive audio.

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
    recently got cloverfield paradox and operation micemeat from netflix. both came with descriptive audio playing, and i selected none for subtitles. Can't figure how to turn this off. tried in both power dvd and plex. i don't see any setting to get rid of the descriptive audio.
    It's not a setting. It's a different Audio Track (if you downloaded multiple audio). Try selecting another audio track. If you don't have multiple audio then you downloaded the wrong one. You will have to redownload the video and be more careful selecting the audio.

This is actually a gripe i have with SF where it selects ALL English tracks instead of the best non-descriptive audio

Click image for larger version

Name:	PlexAudio.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	410279
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
      Both audio tracks are downloaded. You can switch audio tracks in your player
      I DO agree though, that this should be turned off by default.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
        Both audio tracks are downloaded. You can switch audio tracks in your player
        I DO agree though, that this should be turned off by default.
        Aye, but here's the rub:
        Try downloading it again, but this time uncheck "English - Descriptive Audio" under the audio channels.

If you're like me, then it will download only one audio track, EXECEPT that one is the "Descriptive Audio" -- every time! No matter which audio track you had unchecked! (Spent the better part of an hour trying to get just one English track for Love Death & Robots without it being the Descriptive Audio. It. Can't Be. Done!)

BTW, this all started when we lost the ability to choose from both 5.1 and Stereo tracks instead of only either one or the other.

Comment

Sorry for the trouble. Our developer is working on the descriptive audio issue.

Comment

I have this same issue now as well.

Comment

Working...
            X