HBO MAX 720p Only Due to DRM Issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO MAX 720p Only Due to DRM Issues.

I tried to download The Secret of Dumbledore and it only allowed me to download in 720p even I have selected 1080p. I tried this on Mac and Windows.

Originally posted by n_kf86 View Post
    I tried to download The Secret of Dumbledore and it only allowed me to download in 720p even I have selected 1080p. I tried this on Mac and Windows.
    Its a Known issue. the Fab team hasn't resolved it yet.

See the release notes for v5.0.3.2 at https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new...page,headmenu2

New: Due to the upgraded DRM encryption, HBO Max videos released on April 25 (and after), 2022 can only be downloaded in 720p quality for the time being, while others can still be downloaded in 1080p.

Comment

there not gonna fix being that dicovery+ and hbomax are merging, why fix it

Comment

Originally posted by duranman View Post
        This is unrelated to the actual topic at hand
        try to stay on topic

Comment

Originally posted by duranman View Post
          What kind of logic is that? So if they merge it will still be 720p, what the heck does a merger have to do with resolution?
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

What kind of logic is that? So if they merge it will still be 720p, what the heck does a merger have to do with resolution?
            The logic is very simple to understand - Discovery+ and HBOMax currently use different DRMs. The SF developer was able to crack the Discovery+ FHD DRM but not the HBOMax. So, which DRM are they going to use when they merge? Might they use a completely new DRM unrelated to the two existing DRMs? If they choose the Discovery+ DRM then the HBOMax 720p problem is solved. If they go with HBOMax's DRM or a new one then the developers have some work to do. Last I read, the merger is due to happen possibly mid to late summer. It makes no sense for the developers to work on cracking the HBOMax FHD DRM when there is a 2 out of 3 chance that it will not shortly be the DRM that is used.

BTW, Mona and the rest of DVDFab support team are the monitors here. They'll decide what's on topic or not, not you and your buddy.

Comment

As I said, mergers have nothing to do with resolution, it doesn't make sense that would make it easier for you to break their encryption just because they merged, they have encryption in place. And by the way, the other poster is not my buddy. He is just another poster. You must be an employee here.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

The logic is very simple to understand - Discovery+ and HBOMax currently use different DRMs. The SF developer was able to crack the Discovery+ FHD DRM but not the HBOMax. So, which DRM are they going to use when they merge? Might they use a completely new DRM unrelated to the two existing DRMs? If they choose the Discovery+ DRM then the HBOMax 720p problem is solved. If they go with HBOMax's DRM or a new one then the developers have some work to do. Last I read, the merger is due to happen possibly mid to late summer. It makes no sense for the developers to work on cracking the HBOMax FHD DRM when there is a 2 out of 3 chance that it will not shortly be the DRM that is used.

BTW, Mona and the rest of DVDFab support team are the monitors here. They'll decide what's on topic or not, not you and your buddy.
                I know we're getting off topic, but the Warner and Discovery company merger pretty much just completed. They still have to determine roles, combine teams, etc. So any combination of their two streaming services will take time. Nothing has been formally announced as far as a time line, and most of the statements I've seen use words like "hope" or "would like to".

I'm usually supportive of the Fab team (look up my past posts) and I hope they don't sit on their hands "waiting" on what Warner/Discovery will do.

A competitor to StreamFab *HAS* solved the issue quickly, weeks ago (including 4k). Yet we still sit here with a non-working HBOMax in StreamFAB for just over a month now.

Comment

The logic is very simple to understand - Discovery+ and HBOMax currently use different DRMs. The SF developer was able to crack the Discovery+ FHD DRM but not the HBOMax.
                  Discovery+ doesn't use DRM actually. That is why you can download stuff from there with regular non-DRM downloaders
                  Last edited by jpp72; 06-03-2022, 06:32 PM.
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

A competitor to StreamFab *HAS* solved the issue quickly, weeks ago (including 4k). Yet we still sit here with a non-working HBOMax in StreamFAB for just over a month now.
                    You know, I keep reading that written by some of the members here but I can't seem to substantiate that by reading the competitor's forum. I read recent posts about only getting 720p and crashes when users try to load up HBOMax. One interesting post came from a user there that said... "HBO takes a dump alot on the last 2 version of the program."
                    That resulted in the head honcho there replying back...
                    "We are aware of this, but even our developers get the weekends off once in a blue moon. HM has made considerable changes to its log in procedures, we are making an extreme effort to fix this immediately. Please have some patiernce."

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Discovery+ doesn't use DRM actually. That is why you can download stuff from there with regular non-DRM downloaders
                      HeeHeeHee, you got me there. I forgot that Discovery+ was one of those sites. I guess you can pretty much forget about HBOMax going that route. So either they stick with the HBOMax DRM or they get a completely new one. I searched again through about a dozen newer news stories and none seem ready to predict when the actual Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) service will go live. When the merger was first mentioned I read that would be around mid to late summer. As KidJoe stated the merger is actually completed and now it is just a matter of working out all the details including what DRM to use.

Comment

HeeHeeHee, you got me there. I forgot that Discovery+ was one of those sites. I guess you can pretty much forget about HBOMax going that route. So either they stick with the HBOMax DRM or they get a completely new one. I searched again through about a dozen newer news stories and none seem ready to predict when the actual Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) service will go live. When the merger was first mentioned I read that would be around mid to late summer. As KidJoe stated the merger is actually completed and now it is just a matter of working out all the details including what DRM to use.
                        You aren't finding a prediction because the sites are NOT going to be merged.

Just kidding....

The question is will they spend the time encrypting all of D+'s content. They don't have too...they can leave them as is and still combine them.
                        I think the hard part will be trying to make a combined site International. Much of the content is already licensed to different broadcast stations.
                        We might just see a combined US site at first.....which may explain why they are continuing to expand HBOMAX in multiple foreign countries.
                        Last edited by jimc115; 06-04-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

You know, I keep reading that written by some of the members here but I can't seem to substantiate that by reading the competitor's forum. I read recent posts about only getting 720p and crashes when users try to load up HBOMax. One interesting post came from a user there that said... "HBO takes a dump alot on the last 2 version of the program."
                          That resulted in the head honcho there replying back...
                          "We are aware of this, but even our developers get the weekends off once in a blue moon. HM has made considerable changes to its log in procedures, we are making an extreme effort to fix this immediately. Please have some patiernce."
                          i have been able to download 1080p using a competitors trial version without any** problems. just an fyi ...

i don't plan on using the product past their trial version - i just wanted to substantiate the claims that it is possible with other products available.

Comment

Originally posted by plexblues View Post

i have been able to download 1080p using a competitors trial version without any** problems. just an fyi ...

i don't plan on using the product past their trial version - i just wanted to substantiate the claims that it is possible with other products available.
                            You can still download older content in 1080p with StreamFab. Anything released after The Batman will download in 720p
                            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

You can still download older content in 1080p with StreamFab. Anything released after The Batman will download in 720p
                              True, but the competitor's product had the same breakage, and was fixed, now even new content downloads at 1080p and 4K with theirs (Like Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore)

Unfortunately it is taking StreamFab way longer to be fixed/updated. That is why some of us are getting a little impatient waiting for some kind of word from the Fab team. Are they working on it? are we stuck at 720p? do they think they can fix it? etc? all unknowns at this point
                              Last edited by KidJoe; 06-07-2022, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X