Discovery+ US crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
    I haven't tried Peacock...let me do that in a few minutes.....do you have an HDCP problem possibly?
    That screen usually pops up when there's an unsecure connection. You could try a different HDMI cable and make sure no other monitor is hooked up.
    Make sure your Video Drivers are up to date.

I just tried Peacock and get the same with Peacock as Discovery...about 90MB/s and no problems....it actually takes more time to process than to download the episodes.

I'm running over a wireless network also, so my actual speeds could probably be faster with a direct connection.....

I briefly looked at your log file...I don't know a lot about it, but we are connecting to the same CDN networks for both Discovery and Peacock.

When you reinstalled...did you uninstall and delete everything?

Use REVO Uninstaller to make sure you get rid of all Streamfab files....then try reinstalling.
    Also...you are a little different...I'm using NVIDIA...you AMD. In your AMD video settings, you should see a box that shows your current HDCP status.
    Make sure it's enabled....Make sure your monitor drivers are also up to date. I came across a few article where AMD drivers caused problems. If an update
    isn't possible, you could try stepping back a version.

Not every service checks HDCP, but I know Peacock and Discovery both do.....hoping this will be the problem and you can fix it.
    One possible way to check is to play a video in your browser on Amazon Prime...if it will only play SD then it's your set-up. if it plays HD
    and assuming it's an HD program....your set-up should be fine. It's been a while...I don't remember exactly if Amazon just plays SD or if it
    gives the HDCP error message.

Sorry for rambling and jumping back and forth between subjects, but there has to be a reason it works for me and not you. Do you have a different
    computer you can install on? if it works on a different computer, you could rule out most possibilities except for a problem with your original system.

One last thing...do you have a current backup of your system. You could restore your system to that backup and rule out a Windows update having caused
    a problem....

I'll keep thinking.....
    I used Geek Uninstaller to delete and re installed with the same issue

In regards to AMD No new updates could be found.

Dont know how to access that

I really dont want to wipe my hard drive clean

So i might never be able to use streamFab Past 5.0.3.7???? Thats some bull

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post

Hi!

I just wanted to chime in with my experience. I've upgraded with the newest update 5.0.3.9 with the offline installer. At first, peacock was having issues. I had to sign out and sign back in with both discovery and peacock and it started working. I did at first receive that same screen "something went wrong". After signing out and signing back in it started working. It did take about 60 seconds of analyzing the file before it would start downloading from the queue though.

As for discovery, I've had it running for the last 12 hours or so, and so far it''s been downloading and working fine for me. If you havne't already, try signing out and signing back in again and see what happens. If that doesn't work, if you haven't already, use the offline installer and delete your cache. Hope it ends up working for you.
      Did that no luck

Comment

Sorry But I am really frustrated about this. I feel like this is going to be a me problem and I just wasted a bunch of money on something that worked for a little while

I don't have any other computer to try this on and I Don't want to wipe my drive clean

I can play videos with in Streamfab if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by dishdude714 View Post
          Sorry But I am really frustrated about this. I feel like this is going to be a me problem and I just wasted a bunch of money on something that worked for a little while

I don't have any other computer to try this on and I Don't want to wipe my drive clean

do you have version 5.0.3.7 you can reinstall ?? you should be able to find it in the member center - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-links-win-mac

Comment

I totally get your frustration, I think most of us have been there at one point or more. I know I've had my fair share of it not working properly.

Just a thought but something that fixed an issue for me... have you tried switching hard drives for your save location and/or your cache folder? With me, in the past, I had an issue with the videos not properly finishing if it was saving to a hard drive that was either busy or slow to respond to the program. Not sure if it's your case but it's worth a shot if you're able to change your save location to a different drive letter.

If I come up with any other ideas I'll write back. I'm headed out to the gym in a few minutes. I think best there

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you have version 5.0.3.7 you can reinstall ?? you should be able to find it in the member center - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-links-win-mac
              I do have 5.0.3.7 But when no products get released I wont be able to take advantage

Comment

I totally get your frustration, I think most of us have been there at one point or more. I know I've had my fair share of it not working properly.

Just a thought but something that fixed an issue for me... have you tried switching hard drives for your save location and/or your cache folder? With me, in the past, I had an issue with the videos not properly finishing if it was saving to a hard drive that was either busy or slow to respond to the program. Not sure if it's your case but it's worth a shot if you're able to change your save location to a different drive letter.

If I come up with any other ideas I'll write back. I'm headed out to the gym in a few minutes. I think best there
                I just have the one hard drive.

Comment

I just have the one hard drive.
                  Maybe try a USB stick if you have one laying around, just to test?

Comment

Maybe try a USB stick if you have one laying around, just to test?
                    How would I do this?

Comment

How would I do this?
                      Plug the USB into your computer and select it's drive letter location for your output directory inside the settings tab of streamfab. It's under the VIP services section. If the output directory doesn't fix the problem, try reverting it to its current location and try the temp directory location to the USB. Not 100% sure if that will help but just a thought. I've never tried with a USB stick, but it's helped me with a USB drive before. I can't see it being much difference between the two as long as you have enough space on the USB stick.

Comment

I used Geek Uninstaller to delete and re installed with the same issue

In regards to AMD No new updates could be found.

Dont know how to access that

I really dont want to wipe my hard drive clean

So i might never be able to use streamFab Past 5.0.3.7???? Thats some bull

I wasn't suggesting wiping your system....restoring from a backup would just remove recent changes since your last backup....if you have one.

I STRONGLY suggest REVO because it completely removes all files associated with a program. It's actually $9.99 which is cheap at the moment.
                        As corey75 stated....changing folders...well, REVO would delete all old folders and you wouldn't need to do that.

Have you tried shutting off your AntiVirus and retrying the download?

Do your other downloaders work as they should...like Amazon, Netflix or Hulu.....

As for AMD...don't worry, you answered that when you said you could play videos...HDCP is enabled.

If 5.0.3.7 works....use it until you figure out what's wrong.

I do also understand your frustration, but there are so many things that can change on your computer in a short time...you really have to narrow what it can't be little by little until you find it.

Try downloading again and note the time.
                        Hold keys Win+R, type eventvwr. msc and press the ENTER key to get to the Event Viewer of your computer.....see if any event happens at the time your download failure occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

I wasn't suggesting wiping your system....restoring from a backup would just remove recent changes since your last backup....if you have one.

I STRONGLY suggest REVO because it completely removes all files associated with a program. It's actually $9.99 which is cheap at the moment.
                          As corey75 stated....changing folders...well, REVO would delete all old folders and you wouldn't need to do that.

Have you tried shutting off your AntiVirus and retrying the download?

Do your other downloaders work as they should...like Amazon, Netflix or Hulu.....

As for AMD...don't worry, you answered that when you said you could play videos...HDCP is enabled.

If 5.0.3.7 works....use it until you figure out what's wrong.

I do also understand your frustration, but there are so many things that can change on your computer in a short time...you really have to narrow what it can't be little by little until you find it.

Try downloading again and note the time.
                          Hold keys Win+R, type eventvwr. msc and press the ENTER key to get to the Event Viewer of your computer.....see if any event happens at the time your download failure occurs.

I don't have a backup sadly. I dont have netflix or HULU either

I can use the older versions, but then what? New services come online and I cant use them? I wanted to tell others about this product, but I am going to reconsider, as I have too many problems with this one being the biggest. I guess its back to downloading torrents over VPN for the newest shows. Sucks I was hoping this would be a one all solution

The event manager said a command sent to the adapter has timed out The adapter didnt respond

Comment

Are you running wifi or an ethernet connection?
                            That error indicates a problem with your wifi driver. Look for an update.

It also fits your problem of the download failing before finishing.

Comment

I use REVO too. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. It's saved my butt on other programs in the past. If my mind serves me correctly, you get a fully functional 30 day trial of REVO uninstaller.

Comment

I use REVO too. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. It's saved my butt on other programs in the past. If my mind serves me correctly, you get a fully functional 30 day trial of REVO uninstaller.
                                Yup...saved me many times also.

Comment

Working...
                                X