HBO - House of Dragons question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO - House of Dragons question

So when I got the first two episodes they came in as 4K. Third episode comes in as 1080p. Fourth and fifth episode as 720p. Why is this inconsistent ?
    I understand the ongoing encryption issues but I guess what I'm asking is why would HBO have a difference from episode 1 - 5 ?
    Last edited by mobriskie; 09-19-2022, 02:53 PM.

Originally posted by mobriskie View Post
    So when I got the first two episodes they came in as 4K. Third episode comes in as 1080p. Fourth and fifth episode as 720p. Why is this inconsistent ?
    I understand the ongoing encryption issues but I guess what I'm asking is why would HBO have a difference from episode 1 - 5 ?
    have you tried copying the URL form S1 E5 house of the dragon from your regular browser and
    paste it into streamfabs browser to see if it'll show up as 4K ??

Comment

HBO DRM was updated yet again. Even the other software is back to 720p only for everything released after September 15th. I know episode 4 was before the 15th but there are other random ones with the new DRM
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried copying the URL form S1 E5 house of the dragon from your regular browser and
        paste it into streamfabs browser to see if it'll show up as 4K ??
        I have not tried that.... didn't think that would be any different than logging in and navigating to the episode all from within the StreamFab browser. If the DRM was updated yet again as jpp72 states then that is probably the cause. I was surprised ep1 & ep2 came in as 4K since HBO had changed the DRM back in April killing most things 4K.....then to see ep3 come in as 1080p. TBH I don't care if the TV series stuff is 4K...if shows are 1080p and movies could be gotten at 4K I'm good with that. 720p is just a downer

Comment

I have not tried that.... didn't think that would be any different than logging in and navigating to the episode all from within the StreamFab browser. If the DRM was updated yet again as jpp72 states then that is probably the cause. I was surprised ep1 & ep2 came in as 4K since HBO had changed the DRM back in April killing most things 4K.....
          That still is not going to work, you're still going to get 720p for episode 5 for House of Dragons. As noted, everybody is getting 720p across the board because HBO is being HBO. Thinking maybe this is why StreamFab is staying with 720p with HBOMax, their continuous DRM updates for 1080p and 4K.

Comment

Working...
          X