Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceT View Post
    Still Working!

Click image for larger version  Name:	immagine.png Views:	0 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	418673
    Where is that attachment from? Who is declaring the false alarm, a reliable inside source or just an anybody?
    I wrote late on the 6th to the author of the Bitmovin blog that was the source of the initial information about Widevine being deprecated. https://bitmovin.com/google-deprecat...evine-drm-cdm/ I asked him what new news he had heard and what was going on. So far I have not heard back from him but Bitmovin took the liberty of putting me on their "Marketing Information" email mailing list. I've been spammed twice already.

In answer to Chameleon's question -

When is the next 2-week warning? LOL.
    I have no idea but it will not come from me. I tried to be helpful here and inform users as to what they could possibly expect to happen based on a report from a reliable source. And it seems it all blew up in my face and even worse I have to get abuse from a Google Summer intern that thinks he knows it all. My days of helping around here are over.
    Last edited by Cats4U; 12-08-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

If you tried it on Dec 6th the new one is not going to be revoked because it's already in use. Phew.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        I have no idea but it will not come from me. I tried to be helpful here and inform users as to what they could possibly expect to happen based on a report from a reliable source. And it seems it all blew up in my face and even worse I have to get abuse from a Google Summer intern that thinks he knows it all. My days of helping around here are over.
        "No good deed goes unpunished" was never more true than it is here.

I'm really sorry you feel this way, but I sure as hell don't blame you after what went on in this thread.

1) No one should be a target of abuse or ridicule on this forum for ANY reason and
        2) You gave us the best information that was out there, and it's not like you also didn't share the source so people could do their own research. I appreciated knowing about the possibility of what could be coming down the pike - I could either ignore it or hedge my bets, but either way it was still my decision.

That we all ended up getting a reprieve is immaterial - I was relieved, but what if that hadn't been the case? I was appalled at how people couldn't put aside their egos in discussing how or what the deprecation would involve, so that it dissolved into a snipe-fest.

That you were made you feel like you needed to justify reporting information that SF & its competition weren't exactly ignoring, as though you'd somehow made it up when all you did was give us the facts as they were being reported, is really regrettable. That you're now the target of snide comments is inexcusable.

It's foolish and short-sighted to shoot the messenger just because they bring you the best information they have and you aren't satisfied with it. And their decision that they'd rather not be a target the next time is perfectly understandable. I appreciate your input on this forum, and hope this doesn't put you off it.

And if no one else will say it, I will, and I'll be loud about it, too. THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO KEEP US INFORMED!
        Last edited by artsunlimited; 12-08-2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          Personally, I welcomed the heads up that a potential issue was coming, and what might happen. I'd rather expect something and it not happen, than for something to happen which catches us off guard.

The discussion made for interesting reading. I learned a little of the behind the scenes, although the thread unfortunately got a little more heated that I would have expected.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

Personally, I welcomed the heads up that a potential issue was coming, and what might happen. I'd rather expect something and it not happen, than for something to happen which catches us off guard.

The discussion made for interesting reading. I learned a little of the behind the scenes, although the thread unfortunately got a little more heated that I would have expected.
            I second that. I like to be informed. After the news, i set about understanding how the CDMs work and now i know how to download and decrypt stuff without SF or AS... Good side effect
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Well, I'm in Australia, and everything new on Netflix won't download, like the new Pinocchio.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobe1969 View Post
                Well, I'm in Australia, and everything new on Netflix won't download, like the new Pinocchio.
                Yes now has been revoked

Click image for larger version

Name:	immagine.png
Views:	596
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	418713

Comment

Yeah I don't understand why the warning was dismissed and generated any negativity. When it stopped working, thanks to this thread I knew exactly the cause.

So thanks to the OP.

Comment

fyi,

1. Netflix & Paramount not working for me now for newer content.

Netflix:

Pinocchio - Guillermo del Toro's

Paramount:

So Help Me Todd S1E08
                    Ghosts S2E08 Liquor License

Get "failure accessing errors".​

Posted new thread at below (did that just in case Moderators/StreamFab/Mona does not read this thread/updates):

Netflix and Paramount+ not working today? SF 6.0.0.6 & 6.0.0.5
                    https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-0-0-6-6-0-0-5

Netflix works with older movie R.I.P.D. 2

Paramount+ is working with older movie The Lost City.

Competitor is working ok with new content and old content - same files above/streaming services.

2. Apple+ is not working for new file Emancipation, works on old file Spirited

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...r-old-spirited

3. Amazon worked ok, didn't have a new file name to test though...

4. Disney+ worked ok with new movie Night at the Museum animated movie for today.

Mike

US CST, No VPN, Win 10/64 Pro & Win 11/64/Pro, StreamFab 6.0.0.6
                    Last edited by Mike_M; 12-09-2022, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
                      fyi,

1. Netflix & Paramount not working for me now for newer content.

Netflix:

Pinocchio - Guillermo del Toro's

Netflix works with older movie R.I.P.D. 2

Competitor is working ok with new content and old content - same files above/streaming services.
                      In 540p... Which in my book is the same as not working. I just got Pinocchio from newsgroups in 1080p, EAC3 and 12 million subtitles so i am assuming the release groups already have keys or exploit for new CDM...

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

In 540p... Which in my book is the same as not working. I just got Pinocchio from newsgroups in 1080p, EAC3 and 12 million subtitles so i am assuming the release groups already have keys or exploit for new CDM...
                        Hi jpp72,

Yep.

I've never done newsgroups but may look at that next.

It's (Pinocchio - Guillermo del Toro's) lower resolution 540p but does have 640bp/s 6channel EAC audio for competitor.

The competitor sometimes had/has titles in Netflix that do "540p".

In the past when you point them out (lower res files/Netflix) they have addressed some of them one at a time in future fixes (which they do pretty quickly) but don't know if this is something they can do in this situation if it's related to Chrome CDM revoking.

They are aware of this and have asked users to post individual names of occurrences of this on Netflix files this a.m. with logs.

Competitor today, under Chrome CDM revoked:

As I said many times, you know the reason for this and we are working on it. Please have some patience. If you’re having an issue with an episode or a movie, please post a log file on your own thread.

When competitor says "please be patient" re: these Netscape files, the fix is usually just around the corner - hope this is the case here.

Can't believe it'll be a long time before StreamFab addresses files you can't get at all, but given how long HBOMax & Apple+ have strung out - who knows?

Also hope they will be decent resolution/bit rates when/if StreamFab does.

I'll just use Topaz in the background to upscale it to 720p, and it'll play fine via Roku Ultra USB port (with additional upscaling).

Amazon is my goto Streaming App - hope it's not going to be an effected - since it's a catchall for several streamers for me.

Mike

US CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro, Current version of StreamFab.
                        Last edited by Mike_M; 12-09-2022, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

It's (Pinocchio - Guillermo del Toro's) lower resolution 540p but does have 640bp/s 6channel EAC audio for competitor.

The competitor sometimes had/has titles in Netflix that do "540p".
                          Lately it's been more than some at 540p, as noted.......but as least it's a download and not a dead stop. One of those titles being 'The Sinner' all three seasons downloaded at 540p which are not new seasons, but StreamFab downloads that series at 1080p with no problem. So, I'm thinking we are back to grabbing and seeing what we can at the best resolution until these guys can get a grab/hold on to what's going on as a fix. Apparently there has been a change.

As a side note....thanks Mike for those Topaz parameters settings and how to set it up, truly mind blowing.

Comment

FYI, before you spend on SF for Android:
                            • It cannot be installed on BlueStacks
                            • There are almost no settings
                            • It cannot download the new stuff, just like the desktop version
                            Asked for a refund...

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

Lately it's been more than some at 540p, as noted.......but as least it's a download and not a dead stop. One of those titles being 'The Sinner' all three seasons downloaded at 540p which are not new seasons, but StreamFab downloads that series at 1080p with no problem. So, I'm thinking we are back to grabbing and seeing what we can at the best resolution until these guys can get a grab/hold on to what's going on as a fix. Apparently there has been a change.

As a side note....thanks Mike for those Topaz parameters settings and how to set it up, truly mind blowing.
                              Down2Earfh,

Yeah,

I haven't bothered posting threads when I encounter 540p on Competitor for Netflix due to StreamFab getting at 1080p - I'll probably rethink that & post *everyone* I encounter as a thread w/logs just to make sure it's on their list.

I like having both StreamFab & The Competitor for comparison/backups.

It's getting a little busy with stuff like HBO Max via it's own website, via Amazon, via StreamFab, via The Competitor on figuring out which files to go with and costs due (on 3 month trial of ~$9 with HBO Max direct website/no commercials/on 7 day Trial of HBO Max channel via Amazon).

With future Discovery+ addition to HBO Max, wondering if they will offer "Combo" via Amazon - if they're like Paramount+/Showtime only via Paramount+ website- maybe not, but not sweating it.

My target is 1080p with Multichannel Dolby Digital+ EAC.

PS: Anyone tried Hulu and see how it's working? - I put it on hold for a week yesterday in order to reset the charge/debit date - it was the only bill of all my bills to charge prior to 15th (except rent) and I like having them all after 15th due to monthly pay date Excel spreadsheet tracking.

Mike

US CST, No VPN, Win 10/64 Pro & Win 11/64 Pro, Current StreamFab Full, Current DVDFab Full, Current Topaz/2.6.4 also, Current The Competitor Full

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                                FYI, before you spend on SF for Android:
                                • It cannot be installed on BlueStacks
                                • There are almost no settings
                                • It cannot download the new stuff, just like the desktop version
                                Asked for a refund...
                                Hi Jpp72,

This is worthy of posting under it's own topic, so it won't get lost in this thread...

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X