Crunchyroll D/L not work anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunchyroll D/L not work anymore

Few days ago I had this issue already, that the Playlist URL is not beeing scanned, the window is not appear.
    But then after few hours it magicaly worked, today the same issue, nothing is happening.
    I can play the video just fine in the steamFAB window, but can't get it. I have installed the 6005 and 6006 Version to test if it is a 6007 problem,but also there nothing is happen.
    Can you check if them have have use a new playlist now.

Thanks

When posting about an issue its always a good idea to post what version of StreamFab you're using, your logs, and what title you're trying to download.
    If you are not sure where the logs are kept, just use the menu in StreamFab and select Open Log Folder, then zip everything there and attach it to a post.... if its too big, clear that folder out, restart StreamFab, recreate the error, and your log folder will be much smaller.

BUT keep in mind that there were wholesale DRM changes done on the service provider end which is prompting this rash of "Doesn't download" or "not working" error posts. The Devs are working on it. I would imagine that is their first priority, so if your issue isn't related to the DRM changes, then it might be a little until yours gets addressed.

Comment

I have think after I have say that I tested on previous versions 6005 and l 6006 and that 6007 have the issue it is obvious that I always use the newest.

So I will wait until a new update come, it is fine by me.

Comment

It's good that you are showing patience because in all probability you are going to have to wait quite a few updates before any work on Crunchyroll is completed. It is just not a priority like Amazon, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix and the other major streamers.

Comment

Originally posted by KOR View Post
          I have think after I have say that I tested on previous versions 6005 and l 6006 and that 6007 have the issue it is obvious that I always use the newest.

I guess i should make this my signature:
          • Things that are not DRM protected are downloaded by the Youtube downloader in StreamFab.
          • The Youtube downloader in StreamFab is yt-dlp
          • Use yt-dlp to download non-DRM'd things until StreamFab fixes the issue
          I just downloaded Cowboy Bebop S01E01 from Crunchyroll without even a login.

Downloaded in 1080p and even have the subtitles in stylized .ass format instead of plain text .srt

Like Cats4U said, it's probably all hands on deck for breaching the new CDM although i am sure not all devs at SF can pitch in. If i were working for them, i could be working on fixing non-DRM related stuff while others work on CDM because i don't know a thing about cracking the CDM but i know other things
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
            it's probably all hands on deck for breaching the new CDM although i am sure not all devs at SF can pitch in. If i were working for them, i could be working on fixing non-DRM related stuff while others work on CDM because i don't know a thing about cracking the CDM but i know other things
            Time to set up a Job Fair at VideoHelp.com. I know which ones I would hire from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Time to set up a Job Fair at VideoHelp.com. I know which ones I would hire from there.
              Hehehe... Kamehameha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                [/LIST]I just downloaded Cowboy Bebop S01E01 from Crunchyroll without even a login.
                Downloaded in 1080p and even have the subtitles in stylized .ass format instead of plain text .srt
                Hello jpp72,

Free stuff works maybe different, but I get always the members day one stuff, and this is a bit annoying, So let's see how long it will take, else I will do again screen capture recordings, it takes more time but the result is the same.

KOR

Comment

I sent Mona messege about this site not working The Developer knows

Comment

Hello jpp72,

Free stuff works maybe different, but I get always the members day one stuff, and this is a bit annoying, So let's see how long it will take, else I will do again screen capture recordings, it takes more time but the result is the same.

KOR
                    What is the show/episode you are trying to download?

Comment

They work just fine.

As an example, without an account, downloading the More Than A Married Couple playlist let me download the first 3 episodes but the other 36 said it's only for premium users.

So i created an account and started the 14-day free trial for premium. Using the cookies from chrome, i was able to download all the premium episodes. And the site is uberfast so it downloads at great speeds.

By the time you screen record one 24 minute episode, i can download all 39 with yt-dlp. Each 1.5 GB episode takes 20 seconds to download.

I do see that 6.0.0.8 mentions a Crunchyroll fix so try that if you don't want to use yt-dlp.

Comment

I don't use yt-dlp, because I have steamFAB, but like I have say I can wait for a "fix" :-)

Comment

I don't use yt-dlp, because I have steamFAB, but like I have say I can wait for a "fix" :-)
                          Actually, StreamFab uses yt-dlp so you are using yt-dlp

You should install 6.0.0.8 and see if your problem is fixed

Comment

jpp72,
                            I know you like to work yt-dlp via command line but do you have any recommendations for a yt-dlp GUI program? I used to like FireDM but it appears to be either discontinued or a victim of the Ukraine/Russia war. I've started playing with Videomass and Youtube-dl-gui but I already can tell that they aren't keepers. My go-to non-DRM downloader is Tubedigger but I also want to get a true yt-dlp based GUI program so I can play around with yt-dlp. Yes, I could probably get by without the GUI but the older I get, the more lazy I get.

Comment

Working...
                            X