can we get avc(main) profile support on Netflix for 1080p content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we get avc(main) profile support on Netflix for 1080p content

can we get avc(main) profile support on Netflix for 1080p content, and a selector between High(avchigh) and Main (avc/avcmain) profiles, since often the main avc profile offers higher, if not much higher, bitrates than the high avchigh profile does
    Last edited by Dijitul; 12-22-2022, 11:40 PM.

Hi,

The main profile video of Netflix should be protected by playready, not supported.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

@Wilson.Wang​ Actually Streamfab already downloads in main profile 1080p if high profile is not available for the video, like season 4 in the TV series "Formula 1: Drive to Survive" https://www.netflix.com/title/80204890, so please make main profile optional in Netflix, thanks.

Comment

respectfully, that is incorrect. The way that streamfab gets keys via widevine/playready drm it can get both high and main manifests with the same method as well as keys for hdr10 and dv (dvhe, dolby vision profile 5) under 1080p, it is supported (with both chromecdm as well as whatever current drm method it's using right now). I looked through some of the program files and found that in the netflix cadmium playercore it says to override AVChigh instead of also returning avcmain options. I don't know exactly the difference in drm technology between playready and widevine specifically, but what I do know for a fact is that streamfab can (and should on behalf of buyers and users) get keys for main and high profile, as well as hdr10 and dv, using the same method, or at least main and high using the same method. If you could please ask the devs to take another look and update the cadmium playercore and/or other config files, I'm sure they could figure out how to add support to show all video resolutions, both main and high profile manifests, as well as add in an option in the settings to show (in the video dropdown menu) and download hdr10 or dv (dolby vision) if the title offers/supports it) just like they were able to do when I requested dolby atmos to be added for netflix.

Comment

Actually Streamfab already downloads in main profile 1080p if high profile is not available for the video, like season 4 in the TV series "Formula 1: Drive to Survive", so please make main profile optional in Netflix, thanks.​

Comment

While they are at it, allow H265/HEVC as well with Netflix. We all know it's there.
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

+1 for enabling Main profile

Comment

When AVC(High) was first released on Netflix it was almost universally welcomed as an improvement in news reports (Google "avc(main) profile support on Netflix") because it produced equal or better quality at a lower bitrate. Having a lower bitrate allowed for smaller file sizes and reduced the possibility of having to stall due to insufficient buffering. Lower bitrates is a plus and not a minus.
                The competitor already went through this issue 2 years ago - https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/netf...profile.79856/

Comment

Hi all,

Good news, we can get it to download the video with Main profile now, it will be added to the new version soon, maybe this or next week, please keep your eyes for the change log.

The mediainfo of a test video:

Video ID : 1
                  Format : AVC
                  Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                  Format profile : Main@L4
                  Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
                  Format settings, CABAC : Yes
                  Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
                  Codec ID : avc1
                  Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
                  Duration : 30 min 18 s
                  Bit rate mode : Variable
                  Bit rate : 5 021 kb/s
                  Nominal bit rate : 5 360 kb/s
                  Maximum bit rate : 8 040 kb/s
                  Width : 1 920 pixels
                  Height : 1 080 pixels
                  Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                  Frame rate mode : Constant
                  Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
                  Color space : YUV
                  Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
                  Bit depth : 8 bits
                  Scan type : Progressive
                  Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.101
                  Stream size : 1.06 GiB (97%)
                  Writing library : x264 core 148 r2727 7d026e8
                  Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / stitchable=1 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=48 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=5360 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.50 / qpmin=6 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=8040 / vbv_bufsize=10720 / nal_hrd=vbr / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
                  Codec configuration box : avcC​

Wilson
                  Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 01-03-2023, 11:00 AM.
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                    Hi all,

Good news, we can get it to download the video with Main profile now, it will be added to the new version soon, maybe this or next week, please keep your eyes for the change log.

Wilson
                    Please make it something selectable. Not everyone wants Main over High.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Please make it something selectable. Not everyone wants Main over High.
                      Hopefully bitrate selectable like some of the other services. That way not another setting...just a choice.

Comment

@Wilson.Wang​ Thank you so much for adding support for main profile for all of the titles.

Comment

can we get this profile added to the configuration? (h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc) for getting way better main 1080p bitrate, for example like in the movie "The Pale Blue Eye". and thanks for adding support for main profile. also can you change the integration from the vip services selector to just having both mpl and hpl bitrates selectable in the bitrate menu when selecting the resolution, as the max bitrate may be main or high profile, depending on the title.
                          Last edited by Dijitul; 01-07-2023, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dijitul View Post
                            can we get this profile added to the configuration? (h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc) for getting way better main 1080p bitrate, for example like in the movie "The Pale Blue Eye". and thanks for adding support for main profile. also can you change the integration from the vip services selector to just having both mpl and hpl bitrates selectable in the bitrate menu when selecting the resolution, as the max bitrate may be main or high profile, depending on the title.
                            Don't think StreamFab can do PlayReady decryption but my name is Jon Snow and i know nothing.

After seeing the difference in main and high is slight bitrate selections, i guess it makes more sense to have both high and main bitrates in the dropdown instead of a setting. Could just put the name of the profile next to each bitrate or have different colors....

Comment

another thing is streamfab is using old cadmium playercore, they really need to update it to the latest one to get newer higher bitrates profiles like I mentioned

Comment

Working...
                              X