Issues opening older version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues opening older version

I have version 6100 installed on my main computer and everything is working ok, with the exception of Paramount +. Due to that, I installed an older version, 6008, on a virtual machine so I could do that. That worked fine the last few days. However, this morning, when I tried to open up version 6008, it gave me an error saying that it couldn't find that version or invalid version. I can't remember the exact message. So, I did a full uninstall and reinstalled it and now it can't get past the opening splash screen and just says "Accessing server information" at the bottom.

I am not sure what the issue is but I went to my account to the Extended Download Service section. When I select Windows x64 version dropdown, there is no 6008 version in the list. The one prior to version 6100 is now version 6006. So, that is probably why it says it is invalid.

Anyone else having this issue and why is version 6008 not available now?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Originally posted by crarbo1 View Post
    I am not sure what the issue is but I went to my account to the Extended Download Service section. When I select Windows x64 version dropdown, there is no 6008 version in the list. The one prior to version 6100 is now version 6006. So, that is probably why it says it is invalid.

Anyone else having this issue and why is version 6008 not available now?
    Have you tried here?

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...cember-16-2022

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post
      Thanks for your reply. I have already downloaded version 6008 on my computer, as with all older versions. However, if you go to the link you provided and click on the x64 version, it takes you to the latest, 6100 version, not the 6008 version it says.

I'm not sure if you have the "extended download service" or not but if you go there, you will se no versions after 6006 except the latest version 6100. I have attached a screenshot of what I see.

I have also installed version 6006 on my virtual machine and it installed fine, however, it has the issue where you can't download due to the new DRM changes.

Thanks for your input,
      Chuck
      Attached Files

Comment

I had same issue. New and improved breaking other things 6.1 version. I uninstalled and installed 6.08 that I saved. Worked fine yesterday. Today saying same thing as op, invalid version. Looks like being forced to new version.

Comment

Same here,

(Below explains crarbo1's post of 6.0.0.8 & 6.0.0.7 being removed from extended downloads by StreamFab on DVDFab.cn)

Last older version that works is 6.0.0.6

Installed below from offline archived versions.

6.0.0.8 gives error screen with "Current version unrecognized"
          6.0.0.7 just sits at "Accessing Server Information"

Mike

US -CST, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro, StreamFab 6.0.0.6 for Apple+, StreamFab 6.1.0.0 "Beta Tester" /Sarcasm
          Last edited by Mike_M; 12-26-2022, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Thank you both for confirming the issue I am seeing. Strange they would take down those last 2 versions only. The only reason I need version 6008 is to download Paramount +, but I guess I will have to wait until they get that fixed in the latest version to download anymore from there.
            Thanks,
            Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by crarbo1 View Post
              Thank you both for confirming the issue I am seeing. Strange they would take down those last 2 versions only. The only reason I need version 6008 is to download Paramount +, but I guess I will have to wait until they get that fixed in the latest version to download anymore from there.
              Thanks,
              Chuck
              The Paramount issue will be fixed soon, please wait for some time, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
                Same here,

(Below explains crarbo1's post of 6.0.0.8 & 6.0.0.7 being removed from extended downloads by StreamFab on DVDFab.cn)

Last older version that works is 6.0.0.6

Installed below from offline archived versions.

6.0.0.8 gives error screen with "Current version unrecognized"
                6.0.0.7 just sits at "Accessing Server Information"

Now you know why the versions that used re-encoding disappeared ---

StreamFab 6.1.0.4 Changelog
                New: Added support to use UniFab to enhance video and audio quality to 1080p and EAC3 5.1 audio quality after the download is finished.
                More Info: https://www.dvdfab.cn/unifab.htm​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	214
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	420990

This is such bullshit... Unless they fix HBO Max standalone, UniFab should be free for lifetime members.
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

This is such bullshit... Unless they fix HBO Max standalone, UniFab should be free for lifetime members.
                    Even if it was free I wouldn't use it. 14 hours to do one enlargement? Read the posts on the UniFab forum.
                    I can't blame them for trying. It's called upselling through tie-ins (first PlayerFab and now UniFab) but there are better options out there if you want to go that route.

Comment

Working...
                    X