Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

v6.1.1.4: Downloading Better Audio Disregards Bitrate Selection and Audio Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v6.1.1.4: Downloading Better Audio Disregards Bitrate Selection and Audio Setting

I do like the feature that downloads the better audio if it finds it but there are some caveats...

​Looking at the report, this is what i get:

At first glance, it's all good. BUT

This particular show has 10 seasons.
    • Season 1 & 2 are available with Prime and have EAC3 2.0 Audio
    • Seasons 1-10 are available on Hayu channel and have EAC3 2.0 Audio
    • Season 10 is available on STACKTV channel and has EAC3 5.1 Audio
    In StreamFab, i selected the Prime Season 1 and after analysis, SF showed me i could download Full Season 1, 2 and 10.

I could only select EAC3 2.0 Audio. For the H265 video, i had the choice of 2200, 5000, and 9000kbps. I chose 2200kbps.

Seasons 1 & 2 downloaded as expected. Since i wasn't at the computer to give it my selection when the pop-up appeared, it downloaded Season 10 with the better audio.

The first problem is that i selected 2200kbps as the bitrate but when it downloaded the better audio, it also downloaded the 9000kbps bitrate.

Granted, the STACKTV version only has the choice of 5000 or 9000kbps but it should have downloaded the 5000kbps. Not the 9000kbps.

The second problem is when i tried again after, i was in front of the computer and i told it to keep my settings when the pop-up appeared but it ignored it and downloaded the higher bitrate and the better audio.

So instead of downloading the Hayu version at 2200kbps and EAC3 2.0, it downloaded the STACKTV version at 9000kbps and EAC3 5.1.

If i start the analysis from any Hayu season, everything works fine.

I though about downloading just the audio from the STACKTV version to remux into the Hayu version but the length of the audio is different and i don't have the patience to load it up in Audacity to sync 15 episodes.

I think that maybe this setting should be split in 2. 1 for Audio, and 1 for Video. Also, if the video resolution is already the highest one, do not download the higher bitrate. If you selected 480p and 1080p is available, then i guess highest 1080p is ok but i will not be using this setting if that is the case.

I think i have a better solution for the multiple seasons: Have a dropdown to select the season and only that season is analyzed so you can pick the proper settings for that season and add it to the queue. The pop-up only closes when you click close. Not when you add to the queue. I understand people like the convenience of queuing up a whole show in one shot but with all the issues it brings, it would be better to queue up 1 season at a time.

And the last thing would be to have an Analyze Now icon next to each episode of that season so you can tell StreamFab that this is the episode you want to analyze. This would fix the issue with subs that are not on all episodes ...

Edit: P.S. I just noticed that the report says it downloaded 5.1 audio at 256kb/s when it was actually 5.1 audio at 640kb/s
    Last edited by jpp72; 04-04-2023, 08:51 PM.
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Hi,

Thanks for your good feedback.

The first problem is that i selected 2200kbps as the bitrate but when it downloaded the better audio, it also downloaded the 9000kbps bitrate.

Granted, the STACKTV version only has the choice of 5000 or 9000kbps but it should have downloaded the 5000kbps. Not the 9000kbps.​
    For the first problem, since of that StreamFab will download the better quality default at the warning dialog if you are not at the computer.

I could only select EAC3 2.0 Audio.​
    And we will also check that the Season 1&2 are avaliabled to download EAC3 5.1.

The second problem is when i tried again after, i was in front of the computer and i told it to keep my settings when the pop-up appeared but it ignored it and downloaded the higher bitrate and the better audio.

So instead of downloading the Hayu version at 2200kbps and EAC3 2.0, it downloaded the STACKTV version at 9000kbps and EAC3 5.1.​
    Edit: P.S. I just noticed that the report says it downloaded 5.1 audio at 256kb/s when it was actually 5.1 audio at 640kb/s
    For the problem, we will check it ASAP.

I think i have a better solution for the multiple seasons: Have a dropdown to select the season and only that season is analyzed so you can pick the proper settings for that season and add it to the queue. The pop-up only closes when you click close. Not when you add to the queue. I understand people like the convenience of queuing up a whole show in one shot but with all the issues it brings, it would be better to queue up 1 season at a time.

And the last thing would be to have an Analyze Now icon next to each episode of that season so you can tell StreamFab that this is the episode you want to analyze. This would fix the issue with subs that are not on all episodes ...​
    We will continue to improve the feature in recently version.

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Wilson!

Comment

Just tried the Beta and i noticed the Amazon Downloader no longer tells us how many file we have selected...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	229
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	424057

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
          Just tried the Beta and i noticed the Amazon Downloader no longer tells us how many file we have selected...

Amazon downloader is doing the same thing for me on all installs, but mine is in the recent 6.1.1.4 from last week.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

It will be fixed in next version

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson.Wang

Any ETA on downloading what you actually selected? In 6.1.1.9 it seems to be even worse.

StreamFab analyzed 4 seasons and the 2200kbps H265 bitrate is only available in the first 2 seasons so the last 2 seasons are downloaded in H264 at the 10000kbps bitrate instead of the H265 4000kbps.

With the low amount of download credits we get on Prime Video, i don't want to waste them on stuff i will just be forced to delete

Comment

Working...
              X