Netflix logs off when using VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix logs off when using VPN

When using a VPN, I get logged off of Netflix saying that I'm using my phone number instead of an email. Lost the use of many countries like Canada, Mexico, and Hong Kong, Is there a fix for this yet?

Try changing the protocol used by your VPN connection.

In ProtonVPN, it's under Settings | Connection:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	320
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	424336

In NordVPN it's under also under Settings​ | Connection:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	305
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	424337
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried all three different protocols (I have Nord) and all of them got booted off by Streamfab.

Comment

Originally posted by madoka View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried all three different protocols (I have Nord) and all of them got booted off by Streamfab.
        have you tried the nord vpn trouble shooting guide ?? - https://support.nordvpn.com/General-...-streaming.htm

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried the nord vpn trouble shooting guide ?? - https://support.nordvpn.com/General-...-streaming.htm
          Unfortunately their suggestions are talking about stuff you need to do in the chrome plugin to disable WebRTC for leakage. So how could you do this with Streamfab? Or does stream fab already have WebRTC protection

Out of interest, how are people here using VPNs with it successfully? Do you need to just set it on the router and you don't have to worry at all? I did try a VPN once to try connect to Korean Netflix, but I couldn't even log in. I just gave up

Comment

Originally posted by Mobe1969 View Post

Out of interest, how are people here using VPNs with it successfully? Do you need to just set it on the router and you don't have to worry at all? I did try a VPN once to try connect to Korean Netflix, but I couldn't even log in. I just gave up
            I use NordVPN, ProtonVPN, SurfShark and Unlocator but not for Netflix. I am content with the Canadian Netflix. I use the VPNs for HBO Max, Hulu and Amazon US and Peacock. I also use them for TLC, NBC, and WeTV.

For Netflix, maybe try Smart DNS Proxy if you need to spoof a US location

They have a 14-day free trial and even if decide to keep it, it's like $60 for 2 years IIRC. I still have my account active but i haven't used it that much since i have all these VPNs.
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I use PIA out of Canada because I need port forwarding. I have StreamFab set to bypass the VPN, but something in the program still tells Netflix I am using a VPN and routes me to log in to Netflix Canada.
              What I have to do is disable the VPN then, using my default browser, log in to Netflix. Once logged in I can then turn my VPN back on and I am able to use StreamFab.

StreamFab says to log in using either Chrome or Edge but what they don't tell you is that you actually need to log in using your systems default browser, Firefox in my case.

Personally, I think StreamFab needs to have the option to enter cookie information from streaming sites like Netflix somewhere in the configuration, like JDownloader 2 does.
              I also think that StreamFab needs to be find out where and why it is it is getting caught while using a VPN even though it is set to bypass it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jsinfate View Post
                I use PIA out of Canada because I need port forwarding. I have StreamFab set to bypass the VPN, but something in the program still tells Netflix I am using a VPN and routes me to log in to Netflix Canada.
                What I have to do is disable the VPN then, using my default browser, log in to Netflix. Once logged in I can then turn my VPN back on and I am able to use StreamFab.

StreamFab says to log in using either Chrome or Edge but what they don't tell you is that you actually need to log in using your systems default browser, Firefox in my case.

Personally, I think StreamFab needs to have the option to enter cookie information from streaming sites like Netflix somewhere in the configuration, like JDownloader 2 does.
                I also think that StreamFab needs to be find out where and why it is it is getting caught while using a VPN even though it is set to bypass it.

Hope this helps.
                Ah thanks so that is the trick - actually try in your browser first

So you use the browser plugin for the VPN, turn that on, then have a PC level VPN that streamfab would use? Or have you set it on the router?

Comment

I use the PIA VPN desktop program so everything that connects to the internet goes through it.
                  Netflix is the only service that I have to disconnect the VPN, log in to the site through Firefox then log in through StreamFab and then re-connect my VPN. All my other services work fine. Keep in mind, I have StreamFab set to bypass the VPN, but Netflix still sees that I am behind a VPN.
                  I think it has something to do with StreamFab using the Chromium browser.

Comment

Originally posted by jsinfate View Post
                    I use the PIA VPN desktop program so everything that connects to the internet goes through it.
                    Netflix is the only service that I have to disconnect the VPN, log in to the site through Firefox then log in through StreamFab and then re-connect my VPN. All my other services work fine. Keep in mind, I have StreamFab set to bypass the VPN, but Netflix still sees that I am behind a VPN.
                    I think it has something to do with StreamFab using the Chromium browser.
                    Ah right. That might explain why a friend of mine was able to just use Korean Netflix on his browser. He didn't have to log in again, just connected that VPN. When I was trying when I had a VPN I logged out connected the VPN and then tried logging in again. I thought you had to do it that way.

I will have to get one see if I can sort it - there are so many Korean files I'd love to see they don't have elsewhere.

Comment

Ah gee I've just given up with VPNs. I've tried three now, Pure, Express, and Nord. Nord I managed to get it to work on a browser, but as soon as I tried in streamfab, after connecting at the windows level and testing in a browser (OK), soon as I tried in stremafab, gave me some nonsense about logging in with password or phone, logged me out, then I could not log in AT ALL.

I'm so sick of this GEO LOCKED RUBBISH

Comment

IT would be nice if the chrome in streamfab could actually use a chrome plug in, or if the app had support for a vpn. I've given up though.

Comment

Working...
                        X