StreamFab Shahid Downloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab Shahid Downloader

Shahid application, as it is not possible to download the available translations. Please also make an update for this, downloading the necessary translationsPlease fix this problem in the Shahid application​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bandicam 2023-04-07 08-14-44-417.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	424562
    Attached Files

We've received your feedback.

Comment

Support has been contacted and they say that Shahid does not support subtitles. In the past, we used to download the corrected subtitles with the video, but after the recent updates, we cannot download it again.​You can enter by yourselves and make sure that most of the videos support English, Arabic, French subtitles​ However, not all videos support subtitles, most of them, especially the videos released this year 2023​

Comment

There is a known issue downloading the subtitles of Shahid video, we currently are not sure when it can be resolved. Sorry for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          There is a known issue downloading the subtitles of Shahid video, we currently are not sure when it can be resolved. Sorry for that.
          Sigh...

As i have pointed out many, many, many times, StreamFab never adapted from providers that used to have HLS videos to when they switched to DASH videos.

Just for fun, i went to Shahid 5 minutes ago. I have no account and i have an ad blocker. When i tried to play the 1 free episode allowed, it blocked me saying to disable my ad blocker.

I did not disable it because all i needed was the .MPD file. I downloaded the MPD file and searched for subtitles. Of course, subtitles are there:

Name:	image.png
Views:	248
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	424993

If you know how, it's extremely easy to download those subtitles. When you do, they are downloaded as separate, unplayable MP4 Files.

You then need to extract them from the MP4 into their native format and either keep them that way or convert them.

I extracted them as TTML and converted them so SRT.

Name:	image.png
Views:	145
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	424994

It took me way longer to write this post than to download the subtitles.

This is the same issue that has been ongoing for over a year with Discovery+. I explained several times how to download the DASH subtitles using Free Open Source​ Software and yet you won't do anything about it. What gives?
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Jack,
            Forget about being an unpaid beta tester. They need to hand over the source code to you and put you on the payroll. It seems that that will be the only way to get these nagging little old problems worked out. It seems that the developer(s) either doesn't/don't care about fixing them or the problems get lost in the translation. As I've written before, there are certain individuals on the VideoHelp.com forum that I would be making big dollar offers to if I ran Fengtao.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              Jack,
              Forget about being an unpaid beta tester. They need to hand over the source code to you and put you on the payroll. It seems that that will be the only way to get these nagging little old problems worked out. It seems that the developer(s) either doesn't/don't care about fixing them or the problems get lost in the translation. As I've written before, there are certain individuals on the VideoHelp.com forum that I would be making big dollar offers to if I ran Fengtao.
              Ya it's very frustrating to see. Even if they aren't willing to engage the VideoHelp people, i handed them the solution months ago and they haven't done a thing. It could be lost in translation like the Original Audio issue on Netflix but i think it's also "WTF are they talking about? Subtitles work on Discovery+".

Them not knowing much about the platforms we download from or even the TV Shows themselves, they can't grasp the issues we face.

I am sure they downloaded an episode of 90 Day Fiance and saw the burnt-in subtitles the show puts in because you are dealing with couples where one individual doesn't speak English and thought, "Yeah, this works"

There are tons of little things that should literally take 10 minutes to fix/implement and add awesome value to the product but they insist of adding new services instead of getting the ones they have in order.

Very baffling to say the least...
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Thanks for your responses I have subscribed to this wonderful script so that I can download everything in one click because I do not have enough experience in decoding files and subtitle files for the video​

Comment

Working...
                X