StreamFab v6.1.1.3 & 6.1.2.0ß: Netflix Multichannel Atmos not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.1.1.3 & 6.1.2.0ß: Netflix Multichannel Atmos not detected

Since everyone says the new movie AKA is very good, i decided to go and download it along with Lost Bullet 1 & 2 which are also from the same people.

Netflix says it has Spatial Audio which is actually Atmos but StreamFab doesn't detect it as such. Only gives the regular EAC3 and AAC in the dropdown.

I have tried changing my settings to pre-select the French Audio and still doesn't show me Atmos.

I then tried Sweet Tooth and same thing... No Atmos.

Random old releases still work but i see plenty of new-ish stuff that should have Atmos and don't.

Please investigate.

No log needed. Try new stuff like AKA and Sweet Tooth you'll see it doesn't work. Try old stuff like The Night Agent and The Recruit and you'll see those work.
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Both movies/series have no Atmos

Comment

In the Netflix manifest it is seen as DD+ 5.1 640kbp/s HQ , the HQ is Atmos. or in MediaInfo, it is recognized as e-ac-3
      EAC3 is the only valid codec supported with Atmos as pass-through.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I know that but the fact is some with Atmos are not being detected as Atmos.

AKA says it has Atmos but this is what i get:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	191
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	425046

The Recruit says it has Atmos and i do see that:

Views:	193
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	425047​​

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
          I know that but the fact is some with Atmos are not being detected as Atmos.

AKA says it has Atmos but this is what i get:

Views:	191
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	425046

The Recruit says it has Atmos and i do see that:

Views:	193
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	425047​​
          with AKA, have you tried the other audio streams ?? maybe it's only English audio that has Atmos

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

with AKA, have you tried the other audio streams ?? maybe it's only English audio that has Atmos
            Yes i did try the English dub (Original Audio is French) and same thing. It would actually be weird that the dubbed audio would be better quality than the original but not everything makes sense in this world lol

Comment

Remind me again, you need the upgraded 4K streaming plan to get ATMOS from Netflix, right? What about HEVC/H265? Because I get just plain E-AC-3 (DD+) 6 channel for AKA, The Night Agent and The Recruit Season 1

jpp72 I notice AKA for you is AVC/H264 codec, I've not seen E-AC-3 JOC (DD+ w/Atmos) as part of AVC, only with HEVC.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                Remind me again, you need the upgraded 4K streaming plan to get ATMOS from Netflix, right? What about HEVC/H265? Because I get just plain E-AC-3 (DD+) 6 channel for AKA, The Night Agent and The Recruit Season 1
                Ya you need the Premium Plan for Spatial Audio (Atmos), which i have. H265 HDR/Dolby Vision also but H265 SDR you can get with the Standard Plan

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                jpp72 I notice AKA for you is AVC/H264 codec, I've not seen E-AC-3 JOC (DD+ w/Atmos) as part of AVC, only with HEVC.
                I don't see a reason why they would only enable Atmos audio for HEVC, especially if they use DASH streams where the audio and video are separate...

In any case, i tested your theory and switched my settings to get AVC instead of HEVC and i can still get the Atmos audio with older releases:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	425071

I think maybe the format of the manifest has changed but i just pulled that straight out of my​ ass.

Seems lots of things are changing in the streaming world as i have heard from multiple people that Amazon has been lowering the bitrates too...
                Last edited by jpp72; 05-06-2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X