Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggregated Search Engine

Wilson.Wang,

While searching this forum on another topic I happened to stumble upon this:
    From DVDFab Staff New! StreamFab 6.0.0.0 is released (October 28, 2022)
    10-28-2022, 10:18 AM
    New! StreamFab 6.0.0.0 is released (October 28, 2022)

Download Windows version:
    DVDFab Software offers world's best DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD copying, ripping, converting, authoring and playback softwares, as well as video conversion and downloader utility tools.

Download Windows x64 version:
    DVDFab Software offers world's best DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD copying, ripping, converting, authoring and playback softwares, as well as video conversion and downloader utility tools.

StreamFab 6.0.0.0 Changelog
    New: Introducing the All-New StreamFab 6. All existing users of previous versions can upgrade to this latest version for free.
    - Introduced the brand-new download engine to speed up the video analysis and download.
    - DRM MPD Downloader now can download 1080p videos.
    - Introduced the Discover feature to find the popular movies and TV shows on each streaming service.
    - Introduced the Auto-Login feature to automatically log in to the streaming service in StreamFab if you have already logged in in Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. (already works with YouTube, others will be supported later.)
    - Introduced the cross-platform Aggregated Search Engine (coming soon) to search the availability of specific movies and TV shows.
    - Introduced the Dark skin for DVDFab 365 users.
    More Info: https://www.dvdfab.cn/streamfab6.htm?ad=changelog
    Fix: A startup failure problem in certain cases.
    Fix: A problem that certain downloaded Paramount+ videos are incomplete.
    Fix: A problem that certain downloaded Paramount+ videos play in loop during playback.
    Fix: A thumbnail display problem when analyzing Amazon Prime Videos from the U.K.
    Fix: Some other minor fixes and improvements.​
    In my way of thinking "soon" has long since passed. Where is the Aggregated Search Engine that you promised "coming soon" roughly about 7 months ago? To me it sounded similar to the Search Engine that I proposed almost a year ago that used either the Trakt.tv, Reelgood, or JustWatch APIs.
    Also, the Discover feature is broke and a piece of crap. Please don't fix it. It is worthless. You get better trending information on the websites themselves. Get rid of it.

Using a site called Just Watch, just a matter of decoding the data?

Comment

If all goes well, it could be available in June.

Comment

Thank you, Mona. I hope all goes well. Can you confirm that it uses either the JustWatch or Reelgood APIs? They are the gold standard for Movie/TV streaming APIs. Trakt.tv actually uses the JustWatch API.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          Thank you, Mona. I hope all goes well. Can you confirm that it uses either the JustWatch or Reelgood APIs? They are the gold standard for Movie/TV streaming APIs. Trakt.tv actually uses the JustWatch API.
          Hopefully it's JustWatch and we can set the country in the StreamFab settings. ReelGood is only US and UK while JustWatch has a ton more.
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I wasn't aware of that. Definitely JustWatch. That way it benefits most of the users of StreamFab.

Comment

Working...
            X