MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MusicFab

I just install StreamFab 6.1.2.3 jumping from 6.1.2.1. How do I remove that MusicFab crap from my Home screen? I paid big money twice (because you don't seem to understand the concepts of All-InOne and Lifetime) to license StreamFab. Nowhere in the User Agreement does it say that I give you the right to advertise your other programs within StreamFab. I thought you would have learned your lesson with the UniFab fiasco. So, I would like you to remove the MusicFab advertisement from MY screen. I have no intention of looking at it or buying it. If I wanted to buy a music ripping program from you I would have made the effort, the same as I did for StreamFab, to go to your main website and survey your products. And while you are at it, remove the left hand menu entry for DVDFab Products. If you can't tell, I'm pissed at this.

Posted by Cats4U
    Nowhere in the User Agreement does it say that I give you the right to advertise your other programs within StreamFab.
    They own StreamFab they just let you use it for a fee. They can do as they please with their product. The user agreement says they own the rights to all Fab programs, that's what it is a "User Agreement " You agree to use it." You are the User, they hold the rights. And it's their right to do as they please. They have advertised in every program they ever made, you shouldn't be surprised at this behavior.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

They have advertised in every program they ever made, you shouldn't be surprised at this behavior.
      What I'm surprised about is that they obviously just don't care about their existing customers. This is not a new topic. Search the Forum for "Advertise" or "Popup Ads" and see how many years existing customers have been complaining about this. They just don't care that they are annoying us. And now they made it worse. As far as I've seen they've never put an advertisement smack dab right in the middle of the program without the ability to remove it. All other advertisements that have appeared have been located in the corners or in a banner with the ability to click on "X" to remove them.

Let it be known that I won't even consider buying another product from Fengtao until they remove all these in-program and pop-up ads. Enough is enough, they've got my money and they won't get any more. Furthermore, I will not encourage anyone to purchase their products, as I have, many times, in the past.

Comment

The most baffling thing to me is that i bought a Spotify Downloader back in 2018 for $39.99... I just checked today and they were sold to another company it is now $79.99. It is installed on my Main PC, my laptop, my wife's PC, my wife's laptop and my son's PC. With that one license.

HTF do they justify $129? Obviously, i will never buy MusicFab.

Anyway, i get extra annoyed at seeing ads on stuff i pay a premium for. This reminds me of when TiVo decided to shove ads in my face when i paid a subscription for years. Needless to say, i cancelled that once i saw this was their new business model.

I would appreciate if there was an option to opt-in/opt-out of all marketing like any self-respecting company offers their customers.
        Last edited by jpp72; 05-23-2023, 02:46 PM.
        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I've thought long and hard about this and I don't recall any other full price (and with Fengtao, even fuller full price) Windows program that I use that forces you to view advertisements of their other products. The closest it comes to that is that the Uninstaller program I use just came out with an update and you get a once-a-day pop-up inviting you to buy it for $17. One click and it is gone until the next day that you use the program. Even Windows trialware programs rarely use removal of advertisements anymore as an incentive to purchase/donate to get the full version. Usually the incentive is additional features.

I'm not trying to make an equivalent comparison but Android programs are the only ones I can think of that hold you hostage to advertisement. Initially you get a fully working program for free and then if you pay the $1.99 or whatever the fee is, you get the ads removed and most times get extra features. StreamFab for Android, on the other hand, is $129.00. I temporarily installed it to my phone and thankfully didn't see any advertisements other than the Buy page. It appears that the extra feature you get if you purchase directly from Fengtao is that you can download YouTube videos. Google Play does not allow that for the version appearing there. Unfortunately not everyone knows how to install an .apk without using Google Play. I, personally, would rather use my Chromebook for a program like this but you can't directly install an .apk on a Chromebook and Google Play says that StreamFab for Android is not compatible with my Chromebook. Eww, it seems I've wandered a bit.

One thing I'm hoping to do one of these days is to compare pricing for StreamFab in the US (and Canada) with the rest of the world. StreamFab is basically a good product but it never should have cost me how much I paid for it (twice). I still ask myself on some days WTF did I do that. My wife and I are retired (with her having a Government pension) and on Social Security. Most of the time I see more money going out than coming in with the cat rescue. Still I see myself as an average American financially, supposedly the richest nation in the world, or so they tell me. But buying StreamFab (twice) put a hurting on those two month's budget. Without naming names, there are certain countries that aren't the richest in the world, far from it. But yet I see individuals in this forum from those countries that obviously have purchased the program. How?

Comment

Adds are a part of freeware for obvious reasons, so when you buy something it becomes yours and you're paying for it, in essence to get rid of that annoying advertising and possibly getting more features. If their software screws up your system and you lose money due to it are they held responsible? It seems to be a very one way situation.

They should not be advertising in paid software period!

Comment

StreamFab - In software ads/popups.

It annoys me, causes errors occasionally, is intrusive, reminds me of the state of some of the modules and special knowledge needed in order to use them (clearing devices/rolling back to previous versions that you have to pay for) and the lack of centralized documentation within the module being sold and in this support forum on issues, temporary fixes/work-a-rounds and what is currently being worked on for fixing by StreamFab while they are trying to get me to buy even more.

I feel sorry for new buyers that might buy Crackle, The CW, Apple+, etc...

Mike

US - CST, No VPN
              Last edited by Mike_M; 05-24-2023, 06:31 PM.

Comment

It was basically DVDfab------Then they started putting out other BARE BONE Products.

When they Charge you EXTRA for More Modules,

I just stay away, and keep an eye on the updates.

I tried UNI FAB----it still needs Plenty of work

I un-Installled it----and I keep getting the Pop up Window wanting me to do the Updates.

StreamFab has gotten Better, I Dont Pay attention to the AD's.

Hi Mike, I feel Sorry for the NEW People coming in.

I did NOT BUY Stream Fab when It came out

other's DID,, Then they told People BUY NOW and get future Modules for FREE.

I dont NEED all those Modules, there is ONLY a Few I care about.

I heard last night that NetFlix is clamping Down on Password sharing.

HBO Max changed to Max.com.

So I don't Know what's going to happen with the Music Streaming Sites.

Comment

I may have mis-Spoke about the New People

They are In a better place, than I was, when those Programs were NEW (To ME).

also, I Recently got a NEW Windows 11 Computer, and Programs seem to work better.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. The sales team will reconsider the Ads part.

Comment

Working...
                    X