Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still no fix for downloads from Amazon Prime not able to play on Sony Blu Ray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony players have a general support problem regarding standard EAC3, so if they conrtain that then don't expect them being able to play the video.
    You will have much bigger luck playing the discs if you convert the audio to standard AC3 or DTS.
    Have a Sony player my self and it has always refused to play video containing standard EAC3 coded audio.​
    Last edited by Per K; 05-23-2023, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Mr.X: Yes I could play the videos from a USB port, but why would i want to? The point of burning a video to a disc is to have a permanent copy of it.

Like the StreamFab advertisement says: "This Amazon Downloader can automatically import the downloaded videos to DVDFab Blu Ray Creator where you can convert them to standard Blu Ray format, so that you enjoy your home Blu-ray player and on your home theatre, together with your family." That is what I want to be able to do. No more, but no less.

Comment

Per K: Thank you for your comment. At last I have found a person who has a similar problem to mine. Too bad that StreamFab could not come up with that information. How have you converted the audio to AC3?

Comment

October262: My Blu Ray players do have the latest firmware updates. If I disable all GPU codecs then it turns off Lightning-Shrink, which is the only way to make using Blu Ray Creator feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by paulblain View Post
            Per K: Thank you for your comment. At last I have found a person who has a similar problem to mine. Too bad that StreamFab could not come up with that information. How have you converted the audio to AC3?
            I used the converter in good old DVDFab.​
            It can even provide DTS-HD Master if the source audio is 7.1
            Last edited by Per K; 05-23-2023, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Per K: Thank you for your help! I did try your suggestion but selected Theater (AC3) and only got an audio only AC-3 file. So that I don't waste any more of my 3 (?!) free attempts would choosing Custom (MP4.Theater) be a better choice to get a video file with AC3 audio. Sorry to be so unknowledgeable but I don't want to waste any more of my free trial, Thanks in advance.

Comment

Mr.X: Yes I could play the videos from a USB port, but why would i want to? The point of burning a video to a disc is to have a permanent copy of it.

Like the StreamFab advertisement says: "This Amazon Downloader can automatically import the downloaded videos to DVDFab Blu Ray Creator where you can convert them to standard Blu Ray format, so that you enjoy your home Blu-ray player and on your home theatre, together with your family." That is what I want to be able to do. No more, but no less.
                I understand you want to have a disc copy but watching it from a USB drive or streaming it over your home network is so much easier.

Why would I want to get up and switch a disc when I could point and click to watch something?

Depending on the size of your USB drive(s), you could have hundreds or thousands of shows in one place for quick, easy access, instead of spread across hundreds or thousands of discs.

You can always back up your videos to blu-ray,but for watching it's more convenient to stream over your home network or from USB.

I haven't used discs for 15 years so I don't have an answer to why you have playback issues. I only wanted to point out a better way to watch your video files.
                Last edited by Mr.X; 05-23-2023, 07:42 PM.

Comment

paulblain So you are downloading with StreamFab, then opening DVDFab, using its Creator module, draggning/dropping your download, then burning?
                  1. Is the above statement correct?
                  2. Is that the same process you used to burn discs that do work?
                  3. What model bluray player do you have?
                  4. What disc type are you selecting in Creator? BD25, BD9, BD5?
                  5. IF the answer to question 2 is YES... For one of the videos you've successfully burned to disc that play fine, can you use MediaInfo , set the VIEW pull down to BASIC, and view the details of the video file. What does it list for audio and video codecs? Then do the same for a video used on a disc that doesn't play. Post the results of EACH.
                  6. If the answer to question 2 is YES.... For one of the discs that play fine, can you use MediaInfo , set the VIEW pull down to BASIC, and view the details of the BIGGEST M2TS file in \BDMV\STREAM folder? what does it list for audio and video codecs? Then do the same for the disc that doesn't play. Post the results of EACH.
                  As for the EAC3 vs AC3 audio I just tried with a download from Amazon. The download was HEVC video with EAC3 audio. ​The main movie video file on the ISO I created (I didn't burn to disc just for speed) is AVC and the video is AC3. So it looks like Creator is converting the files to standard. That is why I'm asking you Question 5 and 6... just to confirm you see the same, and both the working and non-working are AVC and AC3 or not.

I know you want to burn these to disc and play to have a permanent copy. but if Creator is converting them, you're going to lose video quality. You'd be better off getting a Roku Ultra, or Streaming Stick+, or FireTV 4K Max and a PC with a big enough hard drive, then setup a simple Plex server, pointing to the hard drive folder with your downloads. EVERY video would be at your finger tips at its original resolution. Ok, the Rokus can be a little picky on subtitles, and Plex on the FireTV is more forgiving in that area. BUT you have a nice menu of your library, can search, get extra features, and such.. AND if you pay for a Plex Pass, you can use Hardware transcoding (if the videos wont direct play), and the ability to sync your content with mobile devices, and view outside your house. I can share more if you want.

Comment

MrKrawk, I am not trying to drag and drop files to a disc. I am using Blu Ray Creator, adding files in the prescribed manner, as I have successfully used it for years with files from other sources. I am trying to master a blu ray from the files using Blu Ray Creator. I want to burn the files to Blu Rays that I can play on a Sony blu ray player, as advertised by the company on it's website.

The mkv and mp4 files saved are standard industry compliant files. If the mastering software is not complaining about it, it still sounds like something else going on. The software does not manipulate the actual data stream, if it did, our downloads would take forever as the software reencodes the data. IMO this is not a SF problem.

Comment

Mr.X: I thought about what you said and it does make sense for some of my videos, especially TV series with many episodes. I tried copying a StreamFab downloaded Prime 68 episode TV series to a USB stick and plugging it into my TV. It is convenient. However I would still like be able to put some movies on Blu Ray discs. It seems that Per K has steered me in the right direction to be able to do so, although at the cost of purchasing more DVDFab conversion software. I am still investigating.

Thanks for your interest and input. Cheers.

Comment

Mr.X: I thought about what you said and it does make sense for some of my videos, especially TV series with many episodes. I tried copying a StreamFab downloaded Prime 68 episode TV series to a USB stick and plugging it into my TV. It is convenient. However I would still like be able to put some movies on Blu Ray discs. It seems that Per K has steered me in the right direction to be able to do so, although at the cost of purchasing more DVDFab conversion software. I am still investigating.

Thanks for your interest and input. Cheers.
                        Glad it helped.

I have two sets of hard drives. One is the main set I put everything on to watch over my home network and the other is my backup. I would like to have a third set on blu-ray but I decided long ago that doing that or even another hard drive backup would be too expensive. Plus, I don't want or need piles of discs to keep track of.

Before you buy more software to convert your files, look into free options. I know VLC is free and will convert files but I never used it for that so I can't comment on that part.

AVS had a free option years ago but I don't know if it's still available.

Also, it's worth a shot to look for free Blu-Ray burning software before buying one. Maybe someone here could recommend one.

Hope you get everything figured out soon.

Comment

I download movies with Streamfab and create Blu-ray discs with Blu-ray Creator every day with zero problems. All discs play with any Blu-ray player that I use. I make ISO files with Blu-ray Converter and burn those ISO files to disc using IMGburn. It actually all works flawlessly!

Comment

fussybob: Do you use Sony Blu Ray Players?

Comment

I purchased the StreamFab software on January 2, 2023 and requested a refund on January 29, 2023. Rain from Customer Service contacted me 2 days layer with an offer to try to solve my issue and said "if we cannot resolve it or that you still insist on a refund, we will proceed it for you, don't worry." After 4 months with no solution I again asked for a refund but they refused to give me one saying that the 30 day money back guarantee had expired. This company does not seem to be trustworthy.

Comment

fussybob: Do you use Sony Blu Ray Players?
                                Can you answer what I asked here -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...707#post425707

Comment

Working...
                                X