SFab 6.1.2.4 - Disney+ forced subtitle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFab 6.1.2.4 - Disney+ forced subtitle issue

I've noticed this in several versions going back for a while. For SW - A New Hope, while the forced subtitles are downloaded, when it goes through the remux, the subs all come through in about the first minute of video. After all the years, pretty much know by heart but it's still annoying when watching. Have played back in multiple viewers including PlayerFab. Log attached from most recent version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	425857

Did you forget to attach the log?

Comment

Had attached both the screen shot and the log and it looked like it took so I figured they got the bug fixed that wouldn't allow both to post. Attaching now. Thank you for pointing it out.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Havie88 View Post
        Had attached both the screen shot and the log and it looked like it took so I figured they got the bug fixed that wouldn't allow both to post. Attaching now. Thank you for pointing it out.
        I have passed the available info to the QA team for checking.

Comment

I've noticed this in several versions going back for a while. For SW - A New Hope, while the forced subtitles are downloaded, when it goes through the remux, the subs all come through in about the first minute of video. After all the years, pretty much know by heart but it's still annoying when watching. Have played back in multiple viewers including PlayerFab. Log attached from most recent version.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	425857
          Please provide the link to the show, it is not in the log file, thanks.

Comment

For SW - A New Hope, while the forced subtitles are downloaded, when it goes through the remux, the subs all come through in about the first minute of video.

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please provide the link to the show, it is not in the log file, thanks.
            Seems to me like he's talking about the original Star Wars Movie.

Name:	image.png
Views:	288
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	426097
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Just confirming what JPP72 posted for the title - Thank you for that.

Also wanted to update that the subtitle issue is also happening with v6.1.2.5 for this title. Didn't really expect it to change but figured it was worth the test to check out 1080/H265.

Awesome job on getting the higher resolution with D+

That's it for now.

Comment

Its great even though it's limited at the moment hopefully they will expand on this to include the entire site

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                  Its great even though it's limited at the moment hopefully they will expand on this to include the entire site
                  1080p keys have been available publicly since July of last year....anything after that date will NOT be 1080p unless more are released.
                  Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Seems to me like he's talking about the original Star Wars Movie.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	83 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	426097
                    Thanks jpp72.

@Havie88​, the QA team tested this one, but they could not duplicate the problem "the subs all come through in about the first minute of video. "
                    Please update to the latest version, remove the queue, and then reload it and then download in 1080p to see the result.

Comment

As I mentioned on 6/2, this still seems to happen on the latest version. I went though again and cleaned the queue and in addition, deleted temp files and restarted my pc. I'll attach a new set of logs as well. 2 notes - when I first went to download, it just spun and I had to stop and restart the download. That seems to happen a lot with 6125, sometimes the pause/restart helps, sometimes the whole program needs to be closed. Also the forced subtitles should actually start around 50 minutes into the video. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	426204

Comment

Had to zip log due to file size.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am having the exact issue with just this movie - forced subtitles are all at the beginning of the movie. This was also happening with the previous version of StreamFab

thanks

StreamFab.log

Comment

As I mentioned on 6/2, this still seems to happen on the latest version. I went though again and cleaned the queue and in addition, deleted temp files and restarted my pc. I'll attach a new set of logs as well. 2 notes - when I first went to download, it just spun and I had to stop and restart the download. That seems to happen a lot with 6125, sometimes the pause/restart helps, sometimes the whole program needs to be closed. Also the forced subtitles should actually start around 50 minutes into the video
                            • What player are you using?
                            • Did you try a different player?
                            • Are you downloading to MP4 or MKV?
                            • Are you embedding the subs or are you saving as a separate .srt?
                            • If it's separate, did you check the timestamps inside?
                            • If it's embedded, did you load up the file in SubtitleEdit to see the timestamps?
                            I just downloaded it 2 minutes ago and it works just fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	426241

Downloaded to MKV at 1080p/H265/5388 kbps/Atmos 5.1/Embedded subs (Video bitrate is 5388 kbps but i chose ~9000 kbps, which was the lowest 1080p bitrate listed)​
                            Last edited by jpp72; 06-06-2023, 01:01 AM.
                            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

ok changed my download from MP4 to MKV and subtitle positioning is now correct. Thanks jpp72!

The MP4 version showed forced subtitles at the beginning in Kodi, and no forced subtitles at all using Windows Media Player Legacy / Films & TV

Comment

Working...
                              X