StreamFab v6.1.2.5: Netflix H265 Not Downloaded if Previous Season is H264

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.1.2.5: Netflix H265 Not Downloaded if Previous Season is H264

Yes, i know! I am once again wearing my QA tester hat because i installed this version right away without waiting for others to confirm all is well like i did since 6.1.2.0...

Anyway, because i use Sonarr to automatically download from the scene, i woke up to new episodes of Manifest in my Plex and Kodi libraries. I noticed they were H265 but at a high bitrate and 12 million subtitles so i decided to fire up StreamFab to get a better bitrate and only subs i want.

StreamFab refused to download Season 4 episodes 11 to 20 in H265. I was wondering if the scene guys just re-encoded the file but i know they don't so just now, i tried analyzing Season 4 instead of Season 1 that SF does in the GUI and that worked. I now have Manifest in H265.

It doesn't make sense to me because it's a setting. I say download in H265 HDR, so every single item should be checked to see if it's available in H265 HDR and if it isn't it should try SDR, and finally go for H264.

The fact that it claims to "Analyze" every single episode means this should not be happening. Is it actually "Analyzing" the episode???
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Also, this is definitely a regression. I remember clearly selecting multiple seasons of shows and the earlier ones downloaded in H264 and the newer ones downloaded in H265

Comment

I know you're not new, you've been around the block a bit.
      Are you analyzing the actual episode you desire? Sounds like you are rehashing the issue that Hulu, Netflix and D+ modules have that were never fixed. Is the program forcibly analyzing S1E1 of a show no matter what you throw at it?
      I'm afraid to download the new version now!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
        I know you're not new, you've been around the block a bit.
        Are you analyzing the actual episode you desire?
        I don't ever actually watch Netflix. I download and watch on Kodi. So that means when StreamFab analyzes, it always analyzes Season 1, Episode 1.

In the past, i would queue up a whole show and whatever season was available as H265 it would download that in H265 and the others in H264. Now if Season 1 is H264, it will download the whole show in H264.

I just made a test now again.

A Series of Unfortunate Events has 3 Seasons. Seasons 1 & 2 are H264 and Season 3 is H265.

If i scan from the StreamFab GUI, all 3 seasons will download at H264. If i scan from any Season 3 episode (play an episode from Season 3 in Chrome and copy the URL), it will download Seasons 1 & 2 in H264 and Season 3 in H265.

Sounds like you are rehashing the issue that Hulu, Netflix and D+ modules have that were never fixed. Is the program forcibly analyzing S1E1 of a show no matter what you throw at it?
        I'm afraid to download the new version now!

I don't know what you mean here... What Hulu issue? I only started downloading from Hulu after SF enabled 1080p/H265 and every single thing i have downloaded (literally thoushands) has been 1080p/H265 with consistently even bitrates.

I started downloading from Disney+ today so i am not aware of any issues and they have only enabled H265 today so what exactly am i rehashing?

As for Netflix, again, i started downloading from Netflix after they enabled H265. Prior to that, 99% of the stuff i was downloading was from Amazon and HBO Max.

I know i am old and like you said, been around the block, but i could have sworn this was not the behavior with mixed codec shows. I could be wrong but it's kinda weird that i only notice it now...

Comment

Ok i knew i wasn't crazy.

I needed to find a show that would scan Season 1, had multiple seasons in H264 and multiple seasons in H265.

I setteled on Orange is the New Black.

StreamFab v6.1.1.8: Seasons 1-3 downloads in H264 and Seasons 4-7 in H265

StreamFab v6.1.2.5: All Seasons download in H264

So it is, yet again, another regression

Comment

OK, so the copy paste/force analysis of an individual episode still works, which to me is no change in program behavior.

Comment

OK, so the copy paste/force analysis of an individual episode still works, which to me is no change in program behavior.
              Ya of course but there is a change in program behavior. Force analysis was to get proper resolutions, audio or subtitles.

Now, it is also needed for the codec and that wasn't the case before. This is a huge bug.

Comment

Working...
              X