6.1.2.6 hulu freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.1.2.6 hulu freezes

Hulu specifically, I select entire seasons of a show, click go, downloads first episode just fine, processes, moves onto next episode then stays at 0% and program freezes

I've done a complete uninstall of the program (with geek uninstaller, to catch EVERYTHING)

Restart computer

Download the full 6.1.2.6 installer, install, does the exact same thing.

6.1.2.5 was just fine, no issues. I'd love to download and install that previous version but the link in the forum just leads to downloading the latest version

Originally posted by hoxlund View Post
    Hulu specifically, I select entire seasons of a show, click go, downloads first episode just fine, processes, moves onto next episode then stays at 0% and program freezes

I've done a complete uninstall of the program (with geek uninstaller, to catch EVERYTHING)

Restart computer

Download the full 6.1.2.6 installer, install, does the exact same thing.
    I was just about to post something about that.

I have a computer dedicated to downloading from US providers (I am in Canada) and since i still want to download from Disney in 1080p, i have version 6.1.2.6 x64 for that and i also have on that same machine v6.1.2.1 x86 for Amazon US, Hulu and Peacock

I started a 204 item Hulu queue last night and woke up this morning to 202 items left. It was stuck 9 hours on Season 1 episode 3... so frustrating
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

found a 6.1.2.4 installer. and downloading works. so something is screwed up on the newest 6.1.2.6 streamfab and hulu

I'll be sticking to older version until things get figured out

Comment

I'll be sticking to older version until things get figured out
        Click image for larger version

Name:	guinea_pigs.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	426356
        Smart choice. I rarely ever install a new update before Monday after a Friday release. It give you guys (pictured above) time to do your job.
        Another smart choice and this goes out to everyone, set up a folder and place the new updates into it as they come out. Keep maybe the last 5 or so and you'll always have them available if you need to go back to an older version. Me, on the other hand, for reasons unknown even to me, I have 19 gigs of StreamFab updates. 72 files in all. Almost all of the 5 and 6 series of versions (just leaving out a few real dog versions - 6.1.2.6 will be one of those.) I do this with all the programs I use. You don't need to go that far. The last 5 or so will do.

Comment

thanks cats4u, amazing idea, don't suppose you could drop that 6.1.2.5 version in a file drop box location and toss a link in here?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Keep maybe the last 5 or so and you'll always have them available if you need to go back to an older version.
            Hi Cats4U,

Good suggestion.

I currently keep about 10 older versions of StreamFab.

I *have* been upgrading to latest/new version, but getting to the point I'll also let other people be beta testers.

I'm now just using StreamFab for Peacock+ and The CW.

*StreamFab* should keep the last 5 versions on file, instead of people having to ask all the time.

Especially given the state of releases and breaking stuff all the time.

Mike

US, -CST, No Vpn, Win10/64 Pro & Win 11/64 Pro
            Last edited by Mike_M; 06-09-2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

My new way of making sure i am not getting screwed by updates is that if i have a version that is working fine but want to try the new version, i install the good version as x86 and upgrade the x64 version to the latest one.

They both share the same queue so it's perfect. Try the new feature, create 5 new threads about what has inevitably been broken, and use the x86 version to finish whatever is in my queue.
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

thanks cats4u, amazing idea, don't suppose you could drop that 6.1.2.5 version in a file drop box location and toss a link in here?

Comment

you both rock man. thanks for the 6.1.2.5 download

Comment

you both rock man. thanks for the 6.1.2.5 download
                    Glad I could help. No problem. Actually there were problems but that was on my end. I was going to make the file available via my S3 account which is what I mainly use in the cloud but unbeknownst to me Amazon recently stopped allowing public buckets. So, I went with Dropbox but I just couldn't get that to work probably because I only use it every 2-3 years or so and I forget how to work it. Finally I tried Google Drive and that was a piece of cake to make work. In the end, your "thanks" made it all worthwhiled.

Comment

Add another user to this trouble train

Comment

The Hulu free issue has been fixed in the latest v6127, please kindly install the latest version to give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                        X