Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.1.3.1 - Virus Detected on update install

Windows Defender detected the following:
    Uninstalling and reinstalling 6.1.3.0 had no issues.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	427885
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MrMayor; 07-14-2023, 05:03 AM.

Comment

We have no such problem on our end. Please completely remove the version and then download a fresh one at https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm to try it again and see the result.

Comment

I am getting the same.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Interesting. I'm not seeing that error on my desktop. I have Windows Defender enabled, and updated. Win 10. I downloaded via the link in the announcement post, and used that to install/upgrade.

I haven't tried on my laptop (Win 11) yet.

Comment

I have seen this being a false positive on Windows 11 all over the net. I installed it on 2 different Win11 PCs and no issue

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	291
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	427926

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	277
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	427927​​
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Not to discount what some may be seeing, but my experience is the same as KidJoe's for whatever that may be worth. I have Win10 and Defender is updated - no notice at all during the update process via the auto-updater. Manual scans of \Program Files\DVDFab, \Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab, \Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\LiveUpdate , and \Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\StreamUpdate also find no malware, PUPs, etc.
              Last edited by Dog; 07-14-2023, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                Interesting. I'm not seeing that error on my desktop. I have Windows Defender enabled, and updated. Win 10. I downloaded via the link in the announcement post, and used that to install/upgrade.

I haven't tried on my laptop (Win 11) yet.
                This was on a W11 machine using the upgrade install. Haven't tried the same on a W10 machine. I'll have to try later today.

Comment

I put it through VirusTotal it was clean, so I am not worried about it.
                  Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                  X