No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.1.3.6 CrunchyRoll: Cannot Force Analyze Specific Seasons/Episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunchyroll StreamFab v6.1.3.6 CrunchyRoll: Cannot Force Analyze Specific Seasons/Episodes

Yet another reason to give us built-in Individual Episode Analysis...In ALL modules

On Crunchyroll, you cannot force analyze specific Seasons or Episodes and that means if you want to get audio or subtitles not present in season 1, Episode 1, you can't.

For the Anime called One Piece, S01 One Piece Special Edition HD only has Japanese audio. I want to download episodes 892 and up from Season 13 in Japanese/English Dual Audio ( i want Japanese Audio, Friends want English Audio) but i cannot select the English audio.

No matter which URL i feed to StreamFab, it doesn't work.

Bug Tracker link: https://bugs.bbtools.ca/view.php?id=13​
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

I'm not sure if this is anyway related but I see in recent nightly updates of yt-dlp that they have added the following to the changelog:​I'm not a programmer but reading the code seems to concern itself with setting the language right among other things. Since StreamFab uses a modified stable version of yt-dlp, this change has not reach StreamFab yet. Maybe when the new stable comes out this might have some effect on the problem?

Comment

It's not exactly what i am talking about but may be related to the one where you can only download in Japanese.

I don't know if that is valid as i cannot force it to scan a specific episode. If i were able to scan an episode that i know for a fact has more audio tracks, i could confirm the bug.

But it sounds like it's a combination of both:
      • Can't force analyze a specific season/episode
      • Can't download additional audio languages

Comment

Ok nevermind... I tried with a show that only has 1 season and all episodes have multiple audio tracks. StreamFab only wants to download the Japanese one and i believe that yt-dlp fix you posted has something to do with it. I will add some notes to the SFCBT record.

Nice Find!

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
          Yet another reason to give us built-in Individual Episode Analysis...In ALL modules

On Crunchyroll, you cannot force analyze specific Seasons or Episodes and that means if you want to get audio or subtitles not present in season 1, Episode 1, you can't.

For the Anime called One Piece, S01 One Piece Special Edition HD only has Japanese audio. I want to download episodes 892 and up from Season 13 in Japanese/English Dual Audio ( i want Japanese Audio, Friends want English Audio) but i cannot select the English audio.

No matter which URL i feed to StreamFab, it doesn't work.

Bug Tracker link: https://bugs.bbtools.ca/view.php?id=13​

For Crunchyroll, I actually wrote my own open source downloader that's much better than Streamfab (at least for Funimation, Crunchyroll, and Hidive).

A problem you'll run into if you download dual audio for one piece from Crunchyroll, is since both audios actually have different videos (IE, Funimation logo at the start of the English version), the audio will be out of sync. I'm actually working on fixing that problem with my tool as well. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share it here, but it's open source on Github and called "multi-downloader-nx"

Comment

We are probably due to a Stable yt-dlp any time now so we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

Not meaning to hijack the thread, just going on point here.
              Stranger Things on Netflix is a great example of requiring individual analysis of episodes.
              Different bit rates each episode, some episodes have forced subs, some have Atmos.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
                Not meaning to hijack the thread, just going on point here.
                Stranger Things on Netflix is a great example of requiring individual analysis of episodes.
                Different bit rates each episode, some episodes have forced subs, some have Atmos.
                What the fuck? What do you mean that you aren't meaning to hijack the thread? You just did. You meant to do it; any fool can see that. You do it often. Mostly trying to mimic what jpp72 has said in another thread.
                What streamer does the title of this thread talk about? Crunchyroll. What streamer have you brought up? Netflix.
                What streamer are Jack and I talking technical issues about? Crunchyroll. What streamer have you brought up? Netflix.
                What you wrote has zero to do with what we are talking about.
                That's a hijack. Stop it!

Comment

Mona

I am still paying $12/month and i cannot download anything because it only downloads Japanese audio when i want both EN and JA (i watch in Japanese but others in my family don't).

Is there an ETA for this?? At least if we could scan a specific episode, it would find the English audio...

Comment

I'm also running into this issue. Even being able to point it direct at a later episode (and yes, that's a lot of manual work to do so) would be a workable workaround.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                      Mona

I am still paying $12/month and i cannot download anything because it only downloads Japanese audio when i want both EN and JA (i watch in Japanese but others in my family don't).

Is there an ETA for this?? At least if we could scan a specific episode, it would find the English audio...
                      If all goes well, it could be in next week's or the following week's release.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

What the fuck? What do you mean that you aren't meaning to hijack the thread? You just did. You meant to do it; any fool can see that. You do it often. Mostly trying to mimic what jpp72 has said in another thread.
                        What streamer does the title of this thread talk about? Crunchyroll. What streamer have you brought up? Netflix.
                        What streamer are Jack and I talking technical issues about? Crunchyroll. What streamer have you brought up? Netflix.
                        What you wrote has zero to do with what we are talking about.
                        That's a hijack. Stop it!
                        Thanks, Tom, that was getting on my nerves also. He does it purposely.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Jaynator495 View Post

For Crunchyroll, I actually wrote my own open source downloader that's much better than Streamfab (at least for Funimation, Crunchyroll, and Hidive).

A problem you'll run into if you download dual audio for one piece from Crunchyroll, is since both audios actually have different videos (IE, Funimation logo at the start of the English version), the audio will be out of sync. I'm actually working on fixing that problem with my tool as well. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share it here, but it's open source on Github and called "multi-downloader-nx"
                          Yes, I read your post on the AnyStream forum, and your program is great. You are a very smart developer. It worked great. Freeware too, very nice. Thank you.
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                          X