Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.1.4.1 StreamFab does not Capture Disney+ The Little Mermaid in it streaming size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.1.4.1 StreamFab does not Capture Disney+ The Little Mermaid in it streaming size

Disney+ has released The Little Mermaid but StreamFab doesn't capture the show in its streaming size (1920 x 1080), instead it captures it at 1280 x 720.

Older shows are streamed and captured at 1920 x 1080, so why aren't current releases captured at their streaming size? This needs to be addressed and fixed.

First off. StreamFab doesn't capture. It downloads the actual files that would be streamed to you. To the streaming service SF looks like a browser and has to deal with browser limitations (including resolution, audio and bit rates)

Disney+ in SF has been limited 720p for some time now. And this has been addressed in past threads.

Some leaked *old* DRM keys were added to SF a few versions ago that did allow for *older content* to download in 1080p.

Because the keys were older, it doesn't help newer content, so newer content remains stuck at 720p.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      First off. StreamFab doesn't capture. It downloads the actual files that would be streamed to you. To the streaming service SF looks like a browser and has to deal with browser limitations (including resolution, audio and bit rates)

Disney+ in SF has been limited 720p for some time now. And this has been addressed in past threads.

Some leaked *old* DRM keys were added to SF a few versions ago that did allow for *older content* to download in 1080p.

Because the keys were older, it doesn't help newer content, so newer content remains stuck at 720p.

Regardless, the issue needs to be resolved. I can download Disney+ titles at 1080 with PlayOn, so StreamFab either needs to update the browser it uses or fix the problem!

Seriously, I doubt this is a browser problem with StreamFab because I can download other sites at 1080, so it is a Disney+ problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post

Regardless, the issue needs to be resolved. I can download Disney+ titles at 1080 with PlayOn, so StreamFab either needs to update the browser it uses or fix the problem!

Seriously, I doubt this is a browser problem with StreamFab because I can download other sites at 1080, so it is a Disney+ problem.
        PlayOn does screen recording. Not downloading the actual stream. It is probably recording a 720p stream that is sized to 1080p so it's not true 1080p. It still looks good because Disney+ has very high bitrates so when you size it to 1080p. Case in point, you can tell PlayOn to "download" something that was just posted 2 minutes prior and lasts 2 hours and get the playable file in less that the duration of the video. StreamFab can download the 3 hour Avatar in a few minutes (depending on your internet speed)

It IS a browser problem. Disney detects that it is a browser and serves up a 720p file that StreamFab decrypts on-the-fly.

The other older shows that you get in 1080p are because someone was able to decrypt them with special hardware where they are getting the 1080p stream and breaking the encryption.

They then save the key to decrypt that content and anyone with the key can (if they know how) request the 1080p stream without actually playing it and then decrypting it. StreamFab got a hold of a database full of 1080p keys for stuff prior to mid-June 2022.

If you don't believe us, go ask in the videohelp forum and see what they tell you.
        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

PlayOn does screen recording. Not downloading the actual stream. It is probably recording a 720p stream that is sized to 1080p so it's not true 1080p. It still looks good because Disney+ has very high bitrates so when you size it to 1080p. Case in point, you can tell PlayOn to "download" something that was just posted 2 minutes prior and lasts 2 hours and get the playable file in less that the duration of the video. StreamFab can download the 3 hour Avatar in a few minutes (depending on your internet speed)
          Yes, Playon is a screen recorder, and the cloud version is, too, but done by PlayOn and stored in their cloud. The 1080 takes three credits while the 720/480 takes one credit. 1080 is actually recorded with a 1080 system and it isn't hard to tell a 1080 recording, especailly on a 4K 55" television. The edges are very sharp and the picture is clean. 480/720 has a fuzzy picture.

As far as this being a browser issue, it certainly is not my browser. It is still a StreamFab issue, even if it is a browser issue and needs to be addressed by StreamFab since we can't do anything about it.

Comment

Yes, Playon is a screen recorder, and the cloud version is, too, but done by PlayOn and stored in their cloud. The 1080 takes three credits while the 720/480 takes one credit. 1080 is actually recorded with a 1080 system and it isn't hard to tell a 1080 recording, especailly on a 4K 55" television. The edges are very sharp and the picture is clean. 480/720 has a fuzzy picture.

As far as this being a browser issue, it certainly is not my browser. It is still a StreamFab issue, even if it is a browser issue and needs to be addressed by StreamFab since we can't do anything about it.
            If you think its not your browser, then please google Widevine, L1, and Disney+ DRM. you'll see that YES it is ALL BROWSERS.

I had PlayOn lifetime license that was killed by them when they renamed their product calling it something "totally new" and legacy lifetime licenses were no longer valid. It did a pretty good job, I relied on it for weekly programs from pay channels. But it was limited to 720p. I haven't used it since the renaming the app/invalidating keys debacle.

Disney+ can only playback at 720p in a web browser. Playon's 1080p recordings are due to being SCALED on your PC. You also get a different bitrate than the original files on Disney+ site. Again this is due to screen recording that Playon does. It would be akin to my plugging my Roku into my Hauppauge HD DVR and recording I could record at 1080p even if I've got 720p input. (the recording would be upscaled). Think of viewing a 720p picture and selecting "Fit to screen". ​

StreamFab does NOT record or scale the video. It downloads the files that would be STREAMed to your web browser, 100% in tact in the resolution and bit rate you select. These would be the files you'd stream based on your internet connect, and device capabilities.

Disney+ uses L1 Widevine DRM for 1080p and 4K. They support L3 at max of 720p/480p in web browsers. Again, Google it. As jpp72 and I mentioned, a pool of OLDER keys were leaked and added to StreamFab allowing OLDER CONTENT to be downloaded at 1080p. But that doesn't help newer content which is still limited to 720p.

Until Fab (and their main competitor that also downloads, not screen record), find a way to reliably and consistently break L1 for Disney+ without hardware, StreamFab (and the main competitor for that matter) will be downloading from Disney+ at 720p max on newer content. .

Comment

Sure. Whatever you say.

I am sorry for talking with conviction about stuff i know nothing about.

Carry on.
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

This is Disney's Little Mermaid file information (focused on the Video portion of the file) as it was downloaded from PlayOn Cloud. Is that Format -- HEVC -- a browser format???

Click image for larger version  Name:	Little Mermaid PlayOn Cloud recording.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	430637
                Last edited by TomdeOldMan; 09-15-2023, 10:16 PM.

Comment

It really appears that the key is there, but StreamFab isn't making use of it!

Paramount+
                  ID : 1
                  Format : AVC
                  Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                  Format profile : High@L4
                  Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
                  Format settings, CABAC : Yes
                  Format settings, Reference : 4 frames
                  Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC​

Disney+ Little Mermaid
                  Format profile : High@L3.1
                  Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC

Little Mermaid (PlayOn file)
                  Format : HEVC
                  Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
                  Format profile : Main@L4.1@Main
                  Codec ID : hvc1
                  Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding​​

Disney+ Cinderella:

The problem is definitely not a browser issue, despite what "everyone" says. I don't know if the key is in the mediainfo stuff that I have included or simply one wherein the StreamFab folks need to update their system to include the hvc2 (L4.1@Main) profile to resolve the problem.

Edit add: Cinderella on Disney+ is 1080 x 1920 while Little Mermaid is 720 x 1280.
                  Last edited by TomdeOldMan; 09-15-2023, 11:41 PM.

Comment

HEVC is H265 a codec not a format, In simpler terms, it is a specialized video compression standard that allows for the compression of raw video files
                    Last edited by Chameleon; 09-15-2023, 11:55 PM.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

It really appears that the key is there, but StreamFab isn't making use of it!

Paramount+

Disney+ Little Mermaid
                      Format profile : High@L3.1
                      Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC

Little Mermaid (PlayOn file)
                      Format : HEVC
                      Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
                      Format profile : Main@L4.1@Main
                      Codec ID : hvc1
                      Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding​​

Disney+ Cinderella:

The problem is definitely not a browser issue, despite what "everyone" says. I don't know if the key is in the mediainfo stuff that I have included or simply one wherein the StreamFab folks need to update their system to include the hvc2 (L4.1@Main) profile to resolve the problem.

Edit add: Cinderella on Disney+ is 1080 x 1920 while Little Mermaid is 720 x 1280.
                      This is Disney's Little Mermaid file information (focused on the Video portion of the file) as it was downloaded from PlayOn Cloud. Is that Format -- HEVC -- a browser format???
                      First off what you posted from MediaInfo has NOTHING to do with DRM and Encryption or how StreamFab works. I suggest you GOOGLE WIDEVINE DRM and read so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

You do realize that PlayOn Cloud is still a RECORDER. When you are recording, you can specific what container, codec, bit rate, bit depth, Profile level, etc. that you wish. PlayOn does that. they have presets they use behind the scenes. In the same respect I could use Audials ONE to record from Disney+ or other web site. When doing so *I* select a profile or preset that defines the codec, bit rate, resolution and other settings for the file saved to my computer. That is what PlayOn Does. BUT that is not the same as what StreamFab does.

Recording is WAY different than accessing the Streaming Web Site's files and downloading a copy of what they have available, exactly as it is available, WITHOUT modifying it, and then removing the DRM (aka decrypting it, saving that decrypted file) from it, which is what StreamFab does.

And yes Cinderella is available for download at 1080p from Disney+ because, as was said earlier, and OLDER batch of DRM Keys that leaked were added to StreamFab which allows downloading content that was added to Disney+ before a particular date at 1080p. The newer content is encrypted with newer/different keys, and the only way possible to DOWNLOAD AND REMOVE DRM from them is at 720p.

But if you want to keep believing you know better, be my guest. I'm out.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	Little Mermaid PlayOn Cloud recording.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	430637
                        It's possible to play h265/hevc in a browser, yes. The question you have to ask yourself is... what is the original file information, and how was it captured and re-encoded to playon's h265/hevc finalized file you have there? From my experience using playon over the years is that it took 720p files and upscaled then re-encoded anything I wanted in 1080p. That was in my earlier days of saving online video files. From what it looks like, playon took a 720p AVC stream and recorded it into their system which re-encoded it to an HEVC format. What you see there is not the original file from disney. You see the playon's altered version. Once streamfab and the other competitor came out, it was nice to have the ORIGINAL file copied directly without the re-compression. Most of the time, video detail is omitted or altered when re-encoding/re-compressing which lead to degraded quality. Some see the difference and some don't. It really all depends on what you view the content. Your file from playon is only as good as the way they play the source file to screen record it. At least with the original file, you don't have to be concerned about quality loss since you get a direct copy of the actual source file.
                        Last edited by corey75; 09-16-2023, 05:07 AM.

Comment

You know, guys, I really don't care about all the technical babble about what we get. The issue is that StreamFab doesn't offer HD resolution for the newer Disney stuff.

Are you all saying that StreamFab cannot actually offer HD downloads from Disney+? Ever?

What I'm saying is that if they are able to do offer downloads in HD, then they need to fix whatever is preventing it from happening now. I don't care what happened in the past or why. All I care about is for the HD content to be available in the future.

Comment

Maybe someone from StreamFab can let us know if this will be addressed in a future release or not.

Comment

Are you all saying that StreamFab cannot actually offer HD downloads from Disney+? Ever?
                              Speaking for myself, no, that is not what I am saying, nor did those words ever get said. I was just just sharing and clarifying from my experience with playon based on my interpretation of your responses.

I do agree with you though, if that was currently possible from the streamfab engineers, it would be fantastic to grab the newer content in FHD. I did upgrade some of my prior 720 content to 1080 from the stuff that was available related specifically to disney.

I'm pretty sure I speak for a lot of us here, it can be and, it's very frustrating at times especially for the somewhat misleading advertising on streamfab's site. If it says disney 1080, then that's what I expect. There are quite a few other things that are frustrating here too, but eventually some of it gets worked out. Other areas, not so much.

To my knowledge, the two main consumer tools (this being one of them), 1080p from these aren't capable yet for newer content on disney since the last widevine encryption was put in place. There are some that can bypass that using specified tools in elite ripping groups, but I won't go into that here. As for these two programs working out FHD or even UHD in the future would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X