Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a joke

StreamFab 6.1.4.6 Changelog
    New: Some improvements on the procedures of downloading from YouTube Movies.
    New: Added support to download closed captions when downloading Discovery+ videos.
    New: Added support to download closed captions when downloading videos from DRM MPD encrypted websites.
    Fix: A problem that Atmos audios are not downloaded when downloading Netflix videos in certain cases.
    Fix: A problem that RTL+ shows donā€™t display all the episodes after being analyzed.
    Fix: A problem that the titles of the downloaded RTL+ videos contain garbled texts if there are question marks in the original titles.​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1621
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	431743

So what's it gonna be now?
    • Sorry, we put it in the changelog but actually it's not in this release
    • Well, it works for us. Please post a log
    • You can only get the CC if you use an MP4 container
    • It works for the US. It's probably because you are in Canada

All plausible answers but i have the true answer:

Views:	1520
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	431744

Views:	1523
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	431745
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

I couldn't agree more jpp72 , now we have Netflix, Max, and Tubi all at SD, it's been 2 years for Max, is this what we have to look forward to? I am becoming extremely unsure whether this will ever be fixed.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
      I couldn't agree more jpp72 , now we have Netflix, Max, and Tubi all at SD, it's been 2 years for Max, is this what we have to look forward to? I am becoming extremely unsure whether this will ever be fixed.
      I am this close to completely giving up on StreamFab. It's a lot less work using Sonarr & Radarr with NZBGet. I bought StreamFab for 1080p H265 and Subtitles.

I made a script to automate the removal of unwanted subtitles so i will just use that and convert H264 to H265 with VidCoder
      Last edited by jpp72; 10-19-2023, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I used to believe they had the developers to fix these things, but now I am not so sure, I think when Fengtao himself left, and lot of people who worked with him left too. It seems like Signals (old Admin here) also disappeared when Fengtao disappeared and the programs have gone downhill. I was a big supporter of these programs because they worked. I am not putting down the staff that is here now, but I do not believe they have the same qualifications that were here before 2019. I do not think it can be fixed. It's all advertising now and other look-alike websites that people know are the same program. This was never the case before 2019. I am really disappointed.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I'm rather new, but after spending over $200 for the software, for some reason I'm still being moderated. I just wanted to chime in and say totally agree with both of you. This was a good chunk of change to spend on what is pretty much broken software at this point, and certainly not reflective of the claims posted on the sales page. I'm at my wits end.

Comment

In my business, i always tell the DEVs that work for me to under promise and overdeliver but it seems the motto here is overpromise and underdeliver.

They have some major things they promised and people want but never delivered like the Aggregate Search Engine and On-the-fly settings changes ą la Amazon for all modules.

On August 21st, they said they were working on customizable output filenames and it is almost 2 full months and still not done.

I honestly think there are 2 or maybe 3 developers for 44+ Modules. That is just untenable. There should be a dedicated dev for the major modules like Amazon, Hulu, Max, Netflix & Peacock. DRM MPD and M3U8 should also have a dedicated dev. How can you only fix 5 minor things in 1 week and still manage to fuckup 2 of them? By not having enough developers that's how.

I struggle to understand the logic behind some of their decisions:

Developer: Good morning, how's it going? Should i fix the longstanding bugs or build a brand new module?
            Product Manager: Brand new module obviously! There is a streaming site with movies in the Gajirrawoong dialect. I want that $559.98 from the 2 people in the world that speak it!

It's just mind boggling.

Comment

It's over. NF has won. There will be no 1080p with SF. It will be like Apple, max. 480p.

Comment

I'd like to give you both a "Like" for each of your messages but, of course, that doesn't work either. Jack, I'm at about 95% torrenting versus 5% StreamFab now so I can relate to your newsgroup comments. In retrospect I should have stayed with torrenting to begin with and not wasted all that money on SF. I only did it because I had a feeling of guilt that I was ripping off the TV/Movie makers and paying for streaming would make me feel better. Screw that now. I've gotten rid of Max, Netflix, Britbox and Acorn already with more, probably, to follow very shortly.
                6.1.4.6 is useless to me. None of the "New:" and "Fix:" have anything to do with my use pattern situation. Even at the height of my using SF they would not have had anything to do with my situation.
                I don't know how many times I've written this in the last 2 years but SF needs to hire new developers. Year after year China either produces thousands of Computer Science graduates in-country or they ship them out to Universities around the world to gather foreign knowledge in computing (and other subjects). Surely, there are 1, 2 or more out of 1.4 billion people in China that would love to work as a developer for StreamFab if the job was offered up. ​​​​​​Chameleon, tell us how many developers you say there really are. How many people make up the company? Tell us where everyone is located.

Comment

Ya with the announcement that Netflix is about to raise prices again, i am going to kill everything off and only keep PrimeVideo and that is only because it's the only place i can get Love After Lockup. I used to get it straight from WEtv but DRM MPD has been broken for ever.

I would keep others but StreamFab is such a shit show now that it raises my blood pressure. Maybe over the Christmas break i will do a deep dive on VideoHelp and just learn to do it without StreamFab. If i ever figure it out, i'll update my scripts and send them your way

Comment

Hi,

I will check it, sorry for this!

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

SF is too greedy with 44+ Modules while they don't have enough manpower. I regret and waste time because I bought SF all in.
                      SF only wants to add Modules and add money, not upgrade existing Modules.

Comment

From what i understand ChromeCDM is dead on NF. They moved to using PlayReady in browser and requires L1 for widevine, so for now StreamFab is dead for HD netflix.

Comment

Jpp72 I saw in your meeage that you stated DRM MPD has been broken for ever. I am wanting to record Starz and was going to get DRM MPD. But now I wonder if I should reconsider. Your thoughts and also is there another way to record Starz with a different add on or different software.

Thanks​

Comment

Originally posted by Jimd6500 View Post
                            Jpp72 I saw in your meeage that you stated DRM MPD has been broken for ever. I am wanting to record Starz and was going to get DRM MPD. But now I wonder if I should reconsider. Your thoughts and also is there another way to record Starz with a different add on or different software.

Thanks​
                            Honestly your best bet is to just use the Amazon module and subscribe to the Starz channel on Amazon Prime Video. That's what i did to get all the Power spin-offs.

Starz channel is available on US and Canada Prime Video. I don't know about other regions.

Comment

It seems to me that almost all the modules are broken in one way shape or form.

Other than that, I see no problems here....the software seems perfectly capable of charging credit cards.

Comment

Working...
                              X