X
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is. I know very little about the Mac. I think Mac uses a different file than Widevinecdm.dll that Windows uses and it is at a different location and so this and CEF.7z will do nothing on the Mac.

Comment

Thank you, Cats4U

Comment

Originally posted by Streaky View Post
        Thanks Wilson - I got really excited but no joy here on my Mac:
        1. Shutdown SF
        2. Replaced the CEF directory in my %userprofile%/Library/Caches directory
        3. Added the CEF directory to my %userprofile%/Library/Application Support and %userprofile%/Library/Preferences directories
        4. Restarted SF - nothing DLd from Channel 4
        5. Rebooted Mac and restarted SF - still nothing DLd from Channel 4
        Have I put the CEF directory into the wrong place(s) on my Mac?
        The developers are working on the Mac one, please kindly wait, thanks.

Comment

Shall do, thanks Mona

Comment

Sadly I have to report that I had a directory disappearance with CDMCats.zip just like with CEF.7z. I thought I had it all figured out but obviously I didn't. Having to guess how and where StreamFab stores things is very hard without the source code. The log doesn't even notify you that the Widevine is missing to give you a clue. The big question is why does it disappear after a day or two?
            Hopefully the developer has already fixed this and has used the latest 4.10.2710.0 Widevine. In the meantime, if you lose a Widevine folder just reinstall CEF.7z or CDMCats.zip.

Comment

Thanks Cats4U, your version works like a charm.

Comment

Mona 6.1.4.9 works again on my Mac - thank you. However, it continues to be unable to read what language is in the audio file so causes Plex to pre-load English subtitles even when not needed (as most of my content is in English). Annoying but not a showstopper. Others in my house are not aware that they can turn off the subs...

Comment

Streaky,
                  Your message has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread. It is very unlikely that Mona will ever see it as the Sticky section is usually handled by Wilson.Wang and other staff members. If you still want to post the message to her, do so in the original message in the non-sticky area where you first discussed the problem you are replying about.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                    Attached is my version of CEF.7z which I call CDMCats.zip. It ups Widevine to the latest release which is 4.10.2710.0. CEF.7z uses 4.10.2557.0 which is two versions behind the latest.

Instructions:
                    Turn off StreamFab
                    Make a backup of %userprofile%/AppData/Local/CEF
                    Delete the CEF folder from %userprofile%/AppData/Local/
                    Extract CDMCats.zip to %userprofile%/AppData/Local/
                    Start StreamFab and download a video (preferably from Peacock or one of the previously affected streamers)

Usual disclaimers -
                    Only make this change if you know what you are doing.
                    It works for me, I don't guarantee that it will work for you.
                    This is not an official DVDFab release and may interfere with official DVDFab releases later.
                    I don't have any money so don't bother suing me
                    If things go wrong, delete the CEF folder and install your backup.

Please download from this link -- CDMCats.zip

Cats4U I just had the idea to try their latest Widevine file. Unfortunately it didn't work

Comment

• Cats4U
                      Cats4U commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I was really hoping that would work, but it looks like it has to be added also to the source code. Maybe now they'll turn it on.

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                    Cats4U I just had the idea to try their latest Widevine file. Unfortunately it didn't work
                    I tried this 20 hours before

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post

I tried this 20 hours before
                      I've only had the DRM problem since this evening and not for all videos...

Comment

Cats4U

I was browsing StreamFab yesterday.
                        I found Widevine files in three different places. I have replaced all of them with the latest one. I also tried to integrate the latest file into a folder with the old version number. With the hope that it's just because of the link.
                        Unfortunately, it is probably integrated even deeper into the system. Oddly enough, there are multiple versions included with Streamfab
                        Now we just have to wait for the developers, at least some old things still work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-26 095807.png
Views:	649
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	435870

Comment

Please, everybody, do not try replacing the WidevineCDM yourself. It will not work and could potentially interfere with any fix that StreamFab makes in the future. CDMCats.zip was an attempt to temporarily solve a problem at the time of its release. It will NOT solve anything now, and could possibly do much harm.

Comment

Working...
                          X