How to download Youtube videos at exactly the quality selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube How to download Youtube videos at exactly the quality selected

I purchased the license of Streamfab for Youtube. I tried to download a few videos and I always select the highest quality available. In the window to select the quality, it also says the size of the video. But after downloading, I check the output file and size is smaller than half the size of the source. For example, a video source of 150MB (1080p resolution) comes out in a video of 25MB (also 1080p). But seems like the re-compressions is very hard or the video/audio quality is reduced.

Is it possible to select the re-compression ratio and get an output as much similar as the source file?

Thank you!

YouTube's resolution is horrible.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by calamar View Post
      I purchased the license of Streamfab for Youtube. I tried to download a few videos and I always select the highest quality available. In the window to select the quality, it also says the size of the video. But after downloading, I check the output file and size is smaller than half the size of the source. For example, a video source of 150MB (1080p resolution) comes out in a video of 25MB (also 1080p). But seems like the re-compressions is very hard or the video/audio quality is reduced.

Is it possible to select the re-compression ratio and get an output as much similar as the source file?

Thank you!
      Hi,

Please post the video url, thanks!

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you!
        StreamFab doesn't re-encode the Youtube download. You just need to get the right resolution. If it tells you it was supposed to be 150 MB but you get a 25 MB, then the 150 MB was actually a different resolution but you can't actually select it. It very weird bug but here's a little more about it.

Please post the video URL so we can tell you exactly what resolutions/sizes are ACTUALLY available.
        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Streamfab does not identify the streams correctly, I can tell the program to download a pasted URL at 8K and end up with an h264 2K (1080p) file.

Comment

Hi!
            Thanks for all your answer. For example, it happens with this video: https://youtu.be/Eo5H62mCIsg?feature=shared

Streamfab says the maximum quality is 125.49MB:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	download01.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	432992

, but when I click in Download, I get a file of under 60MB:

Name:	download02.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	432993

With other videos, it happens that the maximum resolution Streamfab detects is under the maximum you can choose in Youtube. For example:

Streamfab detects 720p as maximum resolution but Youtube settings can be set up to 1080p:

Name:	download03.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	432994

Name:	download04.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	432995

Thank you!

Comment

Hi!
              Thanks for all your answer. For example, it happens with this video: https://youtu.be/Eo5H62mCIsg?feature=shared

Streamfab says the maximum quality is 125.49MB:
              That 125MB one is only available to Premium users. So if you don't have Premium, it won't work. If you do have premium, then you need to login with StreamFab.

Even after login in, you will need to choose VP9 as your codec if you want to get that specific version.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	314.6 KB ID:	433016

With other videos, it happens that the maximum resolution Streamfab detects is under the maximum you can choose in Youtube. For example:

Streamfab detects 720p as maximum resolution but Youtube settings can be set up to 1080p:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	download03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	432994
              Click image for larger version  Name:	download04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	432995
              This is simply a "resolution logic" bug.

Because it is a non-standard 1080p resolution (1920x820), StreamFab thinks it is 720p.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	115.4 KB ID:	433017

But if you select and download the 50 MB 720p one, you will get the 1080p.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	49.4 KB ID:	433018

@Mona: Please suggest to the developers that they should add all the information provided by yt-dlp to the right side of the YT downloader window. Only thing to cleanup is the vcodec column to make is say H264 instead of avc1.*, AV1 instead of av01.* and VP9 instead of vp09.*. They should also show the actual resolution instead of a formatted one and add the More Info column where it says 1080p mp4_dash or webm_dash.

I believe this will fix most of the issues and confusion with the current display bug that have been there for a while.
              Last edited by jpp72; 11-15-2023, 06:47 PM.

Comment

And Mona,
                While you are at it with Jack's request, have the developer update YouTubeToMP3Process.exe, StreamFab's version of yt-dlp, from 2023.07.06 up to 2023.11.14. StreamFab is two versions behind and is missing out on a ton of bug fixes, security fixes, and new extractors.

Old: [debug] yt-dlp version stable@2023.07.06 [b532a3481]
                Mid: [debug] yt-dlp version stable@2023.10.13 [b634ba742]
                New: [debug] yt-dlp version stable@2023.11.14 from yt-dlp/yt-dlp [a9d3f4b20]

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                  And Mona,
                  While you are at it with Jack's request, have the developer update YouTubeToMP3Process.exe, StreamFab's version of yt-dlp, from 2023.07.06 up to 2023.11.14. StreamFab is two versions behind and is missing out on a ton of bug fixes, security fixes, and new extractors.

Old: [debug] yt-dlp version stable@2023.07.06 [b532a3481]
                  Mid: [debug] yt-dlp version stable@2023.10.13 [b634ba742]
                  New: [debug] yt-dlp version stable@2023.11.14 from yt-dlp/yt-dlp [a9d3f4b20]
                  V6150 has the latest version of yt-dlp.

Comment

Sorry, I haven't updated to v6.1.5.0 yet. I usually don't until after the weekend so everyone else can get their complaining in about what is wrong with the new SF update or how good it is. I'm willing to bet that v6.1.5.0 doesn't have the latest version of yt-dlp though (unless StreamFab is set to retrieve nightlies now). A new stable version came out today, 2023.11.16. Yt-dlp changed their releases starting with 2023.11.14 and what was previously a nightly release is now considered a stable release or so that is what I gather from their README. Admittedly I'm still a little confused about the change and I need to read up on it more.

Comment

Mona,
                      The YoutubeToMP3Process.exe in 6.1.5.0 isn't using the latest YT-dlp.

[debug] yt-dlp version stable@2023.10.13 [b532a3481] (win32_dir)

The latest stable release is 2023.11.16 and the latest nightly is 2023.11.19 as of this posting.

StreamFab is missing out on these new or fixed extractors...​Including regular and security fixes.​

Comment

You're unapproving my post???
                        Interesting!

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-20 12.10.35 AM.png
Views:	196
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	433188 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-20 12.10.10 AM.png
Views:	182
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	433189

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                          You're unapproving my post???
                          Interesting!

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-20 12.10.35 AM.png
Views:	196
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	433188 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-20 12.10.10 AM.png
Views:	182
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	433189
                          Lol i know it's frustrating but it's because of the amount of links in the message. It's a setting on the backend.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                            That 125MB one is only available to Premium users. So if you don't have Premium, it won't work. If you do have premium, then you need to login with StreamFab.
                            I'm not 100% sure about this sentence. Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpvRg_2oD7A . It's available up to 4K resolution, no premium restrictions. StreamFab allows me to download up to 1080p (112.48MB). After the download process, the file obtained is 60,7MB.

Comment

Related with my previous post and based on the same URL link I shared, I copied the URL to the clipboard, so Streamfabs detects it's a video link and opens a window to configure download. In this window, I can select up to 8K resolution and I chose video lossless. I just selected 4K and I obtained a 4K resolution video 273MB file size.

Why the options are differente between the clipboard feature or browsing Youtube in the internal browser of Streamfab?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X