No announcement yet.

Crap, nothing works anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Mac Crap, nothing works anymore.

Paramount+ Showtime downloads stop at 74%. Netflix give D7111-1331 error code, max have super low bitrates. Feels like stream fab is falling apart on me.
    Delete and reinstall?
    How do I clean everything out without a total delete job?

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
    Paramount+ Showtime downloads stop at 74%. Netflix give D7111-1331 error code, max have super low bitrates. Feels like stream fab is falling apart on me.
    Delete and reinstall?
    for the bitrate issue, see this thread post #4 & #7 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-on-1080p-h264

Comment

Delete and reinstall?
      What's wrong with a total delete job? I do one with every new update. It adds, maybe, 2 extra minutes to an install. Get yourself a "professional" Uninstaller program. Some well-known ones are Revo, Ashampoo, and others you can find if you Google "Uninstallers". The price is usually under $15. They will remove everything including registry settings. If you set up your Log and Temp folders to a location other than the default be sure to delete manually those folders as well. You'll have less problems when you do clean installs. And finally, always do Offline installs never the Online one. I actually have the Online one rigged so that it never appears. I always use the Offline install found in the "Sticky" yellow section at the top of this forum.

Comment

My stream fab is on a mac, redo does not come for mac and the built in uninstaller on the mac seems to do just fine including the registry for the app.
        Did a reinstall and the issues seems to still remain anyway. Will have to wait for update.

Comment

My stream fab is on a mac
          It would have been really, really helpful for all concerned if you would have posted that fact in your original message.

In future times I will be starting a campaign for StreamFab to list actual locations and products owned by every user on the forum. This will cut down on this type of confusion between Mac and Windows (or even Android) and whether you have to use a VPN to download a show on a streamer that is not native to your region. The more information from the person that has a problem for the attempted problem solver is crucial to getting the problem figured out and solved. Unfortunately it seems that most problem posters here don't know how to provide that information in their original post. How many times does Mona have to ask for a Log file? What's the name of the movie/episode that you are having a problem with? On what streamer and in which country is the streamer located that are you trying to download from? There's a big difference between trying to get a movie on Amazon Prime in Japan when you are located in the US than just the trying to get it from AP US. StreamFab is not alone in this problem of the reluctant problem poster. Recently, over on the competitor's forum, Angry Fox got all flustered when someone was supposedly having problems with a streamer in Spain and was asked whether he was using a VPN. The guy said no but it was later discovered he was located in Bulgaria. Angry Fox locked the thread on him.

Comment

Working...
          X