6.1.5.0 - CW Download Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CW 6.1.5.0 - CW Download Won't Start

I went to CW and searched for the series "Forever". It analyzed OK and I then added it to the queue. I started the queue, the episodes all turned to "Waiting to Download", and then... nothing happened. No progress bar, no download, nothing. Cleared out the temp folder and retried, no difference.

StreamFab.log attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jhyler; 11-23-2023, 07:28 PM.

Same here.

Last week II was downloading two seasons of "Jail" that I was missing. I didn't finish and for the past few days the downloads fail on the remaining episodes.

I did get seasons 5 and 6 of "Party Of Five" last week, so this seems like a recent problem.

Comment

I've been having the same issue for about 3-4 weeks.

The two shows I'm having issues with are who's line is it anyway, and jail.

They play fine in firefox browser.

Some of them do start to play in the internal streamfab browser but the download doesn't start, even while letting the whole episode continuously play internally. Most of the time since this started, I get a white screen that says "400 Bad Request. Request Header Or Cookie Too Large. nginx".

Sometime today it did download about 17 videos which went unnoticed until now. These ones that completed would not complete prior to reporting this error. Somehow they just worked and I came to the computer just now and noticed all of them are displaying the 400 bad request error again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	382
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	433347

Comment

I will get the developer to check your reports.

Comment

The new update temporarily fixed the problem. I was able to download some more last night. Today it's not working again. It's going back to the same error message 400 bad request.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
            The new update temporarily fixed the problem. I was able to download some more last night. Today it's not working again. It's going back to the same error message 400 bad request.
            That's strange. I updated from 6.1.4.9 to 6.1.5.2 and it's been downloading for me since this afternoon.

I stopped it for now so I could download from another service. Hopefully it starts again when I continue it again later today.

Comment

ON 6.1.5.1 I couldn't even get the downloads to start. It would analyze, select episodes (Whose Line Is It Anyway)...but never start the download. Since updating to 6.1.5.2, the download gets to 100% where it normally starts 'processing' and the whole program crashes, sends a report to the mother ship and then terminates, asking if I want to restart SF.

Comment

Just a followup... today, it's been letting me download one episode. Then I get the error message. A temporary fix is to close the program after the one download. Re-open after about 30 minutes. Then it will download another episode. Wash, rinse, repeat. Not sure why it's doing this but hopefully you can find a fix.

Comment

I continued downloading "Jail" season 6 which has 44 episodes. When I came back, 22 episodes downloaded then I kept getting the 404 error message.

Closed SF and restarted but I still get the error.

All other sites I use are downloading without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jhyler View Post
                    I went to CW and searched for the series "Forever". It analyzed OK and I then added it to the queue. I started the queue, the episodes all turned to "Waiting to Download", and then... nothing happened. No progress bar, no download, nothing. Cleared out the temp folder and retried, no difference.
                    I tried to test your problem using 6.1.5.2. The hardest part was searching for the series "Forever". It would not appear when I searched the CW site using StreamFab or Chrome. Since you edited your StreamFab.log I was unable to find out your location and whether you were connecting from another location other than the US that might have the series whereas the US doesn't. Please don't do that in the future, to figure out problems we need all the information we can get. I finally was able to bring up "Forever" by using the URL listed in your log file - "https://www.cwtv.com/shows/forever/pilot/?play=1ef0d762-bc9e-4a1f-95b4-0678897d759f" I was then able to choose 3 random episodes - E101, E111, E122. All downloaded without a problem using my default settings.

My suggestion is to do a clean install of 6.1.5.2, meaning use a professional Uninstaller such as Revo, Ashampoo, and many others (Google "Uninstallers" for additional free and pay programs) to uninstall SF and then download 6.1.5.2 from the Sticky announcement at the top of this forum and install it fresh. Also, be sure to remove your current SF Log and Temp folders before installing 6.1.5.2.

If you are still having the problem, attach the full StreamFab.log file with your message.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediaman84 View Post
                      ON 6.1.5.1 I couldn't even get the downloads to start. It would analyze, select episodes (Whose Line Is It Anyway)...but never start the download. Since updating to 6.1.5.2, the download gets to 100% where it normally starts 'processing' and the whole program crashes, sends a report to the mother ship and then terminates, asking if I want to restart SF.
                      I just downloaded several episodes of the latest season of Who's Line Is It Anyway without any problem using my default settings using 6.1.5.2. You failed to attach a copy of your StreamFab.log so I was unable to try to analyze your problem or to try using your settings. Please refer to the sticky at the top of the forum as to how to post an issue. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ion#post433509

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.X View Post
                        I continued downloading "Jail" season 6 which has 44 episodes. When I came back, 22 episodes downloaded then I kept getting the 404 error message.

Closed SF and restarted but I still get the error.

All other sites I use are downloading without issue.
                        I feel bad showing you this but I had to try the download myself. I had no problem getting all 44 files.
                        A 404 error, obviously, is that the server can't find the page that you want. It could be either a server error or a communication problem between you and the server. If you still have the StreamFab.log for the 44 episode download, I'd sure like to see it.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-02 2.16.08 PM.png
Views:	187
Size:	473.7 KB
ID:	433632

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I feel bad showing you this but I had to try the download myself. I had no problem getting all 44 files.
                          A 404 error, obviously, is that the server can't find the page that you want. It could be either a server error or a communication problem between you and the server. If you still have the StreamFab.log for the 44 episode download, I'd sure like to see it.
                          No need to feel bad that you could download all the episodes. I have been able to download what others couldn't, more times than I can count.

Actually, the 404 error was a typo it was a 400. I deleted the cookies and resrtarted my browser and SF but that didn't work.

I thought it might be a problem with season 6 so I tried downloading from season 1 and the first episode downloaded completely. Then I went back to where I left off in season 6 and got the 400 error again. Went back to try season 1 and I got the same error.

The one difference I see with your files is they are mkv and I download mp4. Maybe I will try mkv and see if that makes a difference for whatever reason.

Last edited by Mr.X; 12-03-2023, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I wasn't familiar with the 400 error off the top of my head and so I had to look it up. Googling "error 400" returns many sites that basically say that the server didn't like something the client (StreamFab) asked for. Pretty generic stuff. They list supposed ways to fix the problem, some of which you performed. I don't think mkv is the answer, sites don't usually make available mkv as an option, they are usually processed into a mkv by SF after the download.
                            Were the 22 failures interspersed within the 44 download attempts or did the first 22 download successfully and the second 22 result in failure? I'm guessing you don't still have the StreamFab.log from the session since you haven't attached it yet. Seeing that might help to figure out the cause.

Comment

Cats4u -
                              Forever was delisted from the CW on the same day that 6.1.5.2, which may have fixed the issue, was released. As you discovered the series index page is still out there if you know where to look, but by the time I downloaded the new version and retried the episodes were gone. Too bad for me.

By the way, I didn't edit the log. When I get ready to report an issue I delete the log-to-date that probably contains a lot of related attempts and variations I might have tried, then I recreate the problem, and then turn in the log that gets produced. That way there should be no misunderstanding of the actual steps I took to raise the problem. Otherwise it's too likely that somebody may come back and say, "you didn't do what you said, you did this other somewhat different thing, and that's not supposed to work". Learned that during a long career in software development.

Thanks for your help, though. I appreciate it.
                              Last edited by jhyler; 12-08-2023, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X