X
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Peacock Downloads failing.

I cannot seem to download anything at all from Peacock. I am trying to get the continental, and a few other items, but all downloads from Peacock fail. If I log on at peacocktv.com, I can watch, but nothing will download. When I look at the Peacock tab in the home screen, it's just a blank black page. Refreshing does not help. when I pause downloads; close then reopen the tab, it appears normal until I start the downloads. Then it just goes black again, and all downloads from Peacock fail. It never gets to the Download part, it just says Analyzing until it fails
    (Netflix works fine)​
  • Answer selected by jpp72 at 01-28-2024, 02:51 PM.

Well... So far so good. StreamFab is working as advertised. I didn't do anything except change the theme. Peacock is still force logging me out from time to time, but that's on their end. Until the current DRM issue catches up to Peacock, I'm good!
    (Log attached as promised)
    Attached Files

Comment

How to post issues in the StreamFab section
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Sorry, I did forget the .log file. and am downloading in .mp4 format. Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2024-01-22_113855364.png Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	435520
        I followed your link. I believe that I filled out all of the headers that I had access to. If if you need anything else, let me know. The only other information that I think you will find useful is it can take up to five minutes for each file to fail. the time to failure though seems to vary.

Comment

Still missing the log file
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Jack, it's there. I think it is buried under the screenshot. Somehow or other I managed to get it.

StreamFab log 1-22-23.zip

Comment

Supine, you are running multiple instances of StreamFab. If that is not your problem, at the least, it is not helping your problem. Easiest method to fix - reboot your computer. Otherwise, shut down StreamFab as many times as you have to. You may need to use Task Manager or some other process manager to get it all closed. Let us know if that fixes your problem.

Comment

Personally, I find that, when downloading from Peacock I have to keep the peacock tab under home as the focus or it will start failing after an episode or two. Damn thing will not stay logged in otherwise.

Comment

jpp72 and Cats4U , Thank you for the rapid response. I believe the advice you gave me has solved the problem. Rebooting and restarting an app or program is the first thing I try for misbehaving software, before doing anything else. Initially, it didn't work. Two things MAY have contributed to my issue. 1. I was not starting StreamFab from the TSR running in the taskbar. After rebooting, I was restarting StreamFab from a shortcut on the desktop. This may have started a double instance of the program. 2. I had another copy of StreamFab running on another computer on the same network. While I have never had any trouble doing this before, I shut that copy down and started StreamFab from the task bar of my main computer after rebooting (again). Since I did both actions at the same time, I have no idea which (or both) could have ben the culprit. I had to log back into Peacock after the first episode downloaded, but other than that, things are running normally again. Again, Thank you for your help, and I appreciate the rapid reply.

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
                  Personally, I find that, when downloading from Peacock I have to keep the peacock tab under home as the focus or it will start failing after an episode or two. Damn thing will not stay logged in otherwise.
                  I found the same thing. Even keeping it as the focus tab, it still logs me out after an indeterminant amount of time.
                  After the (What I personally consider) the NFL extortion scam, the more limited content than the other streaming platforms and the fact that I keep getting auto-logged off, I decided to drop them. I went in to establish an account in the "Free Tier" for my parents so they could watch the NFL game, only to find that it no longer exists. Those that wanted to watch the "Streaming Only" game had to pay if they didn't know someone with an account. The few shows and movies that I watch was overwhelmed by my frustration and outrage. NFL games have usually been carried by one major network, or ESPN for free unless it's blacked out (or conflicts with another game). Watching Advertisers commercials during those games pays for this privilege. I pay for Peacock, and STILL had to put up with the commercials.
                  If something is streaming on Peacock that I want to watch, I believe I'll wait until the whole series airs, Sign up again then cancel after one month. I have until the end of this month to make a decision on those series that will not be completed. I have been a paying Peacock member for the past two years. No more.

Note: Thank you for putting up with my off topic rant. While I have been ranting, I was auto-logged out of Peacock twice more during that short period. (after every episode) It's the only streaming platform I have this trouble with, including Netflix, who was notorious for doing that. With Peacock, the "Keep me logged in" check box doesn't mean anything.

I guess if that's the worst I have to put up with, I'm still doing very well. A wonderful evening to you all.

Comment

Update: Not minimizing the StreamFab Window has allowed three episodes to download in succession.

Comment

Sigh... I had this issue before, and the topic was closed after I thought the issue was fixed.

When I try to download from Peacock, it says Analyzing and just sits there looking at the file until the download fails. I was told that I was running two instances of StreamFab. When I rebooted, then shut down a copy that was running on a computer on the same network, and started StreamFab from the TSR on the taskbar, it seemed to have fixed the issue. I tried that again, with no success. I can download fine from Netflix.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• october262
                        october262 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Originally posted by supine View Post
                        Sigh... I had this issue before, and the topic was closed after I thought the issue was fixed.

When I try to download from Peacock, it says Analyzing and just sits there looking at the file until the download fails. I was told that I was running two instances of StreamFab. When I rebooted, then shut down a copy that was running on a computer on the same network, and started StreamFab from the TSR on the taskbar, it seemed to have fixed the issue. I tried that again, with no success. I can download fine from Netflix.
                        try clearing your cookies & site data & cache
                        and restart streamfab and see if you can download from peacock.

Whatever that TSR is, get rid of it. It is wrecking havoc. You are still running two SF instances. Almost every entry in the log is duplicated. It seems that it is interfering with the ability of SF to obtain the manifest. The last time I used a TSR (terminate, stay resident) was when I ran my IBM XT clone with 128 KB of memory back in, oh, 1984, or so. There's no need for it nowadays. If it is not the TSR, I don't know what it is, but the problem is emanating from your computer. I download from Peacock several times daily, and I haven't had a problem in many months. Furthermore, I've never been logged out in the middle of a Peacock download session. I read about many people having this happen to them, but I've never seen it myself.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2024-01-23_164317905.png Views:	0 Size:	178.3 KB ID:	435624

Sorry, perhaps I'm using the wrong terminology. I've been around a long time, and regard apps or programs listed in the system tray but not open on my machine as terminated resident programs, and the Icons in the system tray as an indication of resident kernels. The old terminology is just stuck in my head. Most of the time, the description fits. The footprint represented by the Icon in the system tray is very small, until the program is called.

In this case, there is only one instance of StreamFab open on this machine, and any other instance on any machine on this network has been terminated.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary, glaring error or duplicated service in services.msc, but that's a long and cryptic list. The only thing I have not done, is uninstall and reinstall StreamFab. If you recommend doing that, it would not be a problem. I haven't done this because will wipe out any log files. I will wait for your recommendation.

As far as being force logged out of Peacock, I don't think that's a StreamFab issue. The logouts happen inside and outside of StreamFab. Episode bumps and episode skipping only happen outside of StreamFab. Once an episode is in the download que, there is no problem unless I'm forced out of Peacock. Who knows? Maybe it's an issue with the TV I'm trying to stream from. It's just strange that it only happens on Peacock. If it is only an issue with the TV, perhaps I'll not get kicked out of Peacock after we resolve this issue. (One can hope.)

Thank you for your assistance.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by supine; 01-23-2024, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Sigh... I didn't wait for an answer. Uninstalling and reinstalling made the most sense. For now, things seem to be working again. I queued up a long list, and will let you know if StreamFab goes down again. Cats4U, I would like to thank you again for your prompt replies. If this entire list goes through, I'll look at watching Peacock on the computer monitor for a while and see if I still get forced out, or have bumps or skips.

I'm still upset with both Peacock and the NFL over the Peacock NFL playoff game deal. I know it was a money thing, but setting a precedent to force NFL fans to subscribe to a streaming (or any) service to watch certain games makes my skin crawl and makes me want to take a shower to wash the slime off.

The fact that you said you have no trouble with Peacock makes me wonder if I need to tweak some settings or purchase a new TV. I still have a week to re-evaluate Peacock before my subscription ends. The odds are that I will not renew. It this queue goes through though; it will only be because of content, and in protest over the NFL thing. I guess I'll also owe a correction post to Peacock.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                            NFL extortion scam
                            This is accurate.

Comment

Supine, when/(if) I get a chance, I will write up my whole routine that I use with Peacock. Peacock can be finicky at times if you don't give it what it wants. But the good thing is, if you can make Peacock happy and use the same routines on the other streamers, most likely you will have fewer problems all around.

As far as the NFL, I'm definitely more of a college football watcher. This last season, my team was on Peacock once that year, and so it worked out well for me since I, obviously, already subscribe. But for as long as I can remember, there has always been at least one game a year when I'd have to jump through hoops to watch a game from some sports outlet. I feel your pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X