Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone download anything from TheCWTV at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
    Just found out this morning, this test version is only to fix the CWTV download problem. The consensus seems to be that it fixed Family Law and maybe a few other things on CWTV, but with most CWTV videos, it did not. There was also some crashing reported. It is probably not worth installing if you haven't done so yet. Stick with 6.1.6.1 or 6.1.6.5. And the biggest caveat, this update has nothing to do with fixing the DRM problem, and so, don't expect it to do anything along those lines. Again, this update WILL NOT fix any already existing DRM problems. Don't waste your time trying.
    This is the last I will say about 6.1.6.6. Hopefully, Jack and I will be consulted prior to any new update coming out so that we know ahead of time what it is intended to fix, especially if it is for anything other than the supposed top priority, the DRM issue.

Comment

Maybe Wilson should send you and Jack all beta and new versions before releasing them to the public. You both are experts in your field and this would save all the members from posting how poorly the releases are tested before release. Wilson should also allow you to rewrite the changelogs as they are very misleading and confuse the customers.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly.
        King Solomon's Mines + Eve of Destruction fails for me too (without crash)

But you still can't select audio if no separate audio is offered:

Click image for larger version Name:	cw_Eve of Descruption.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.0 KB ID:	437826
        What version of yt-dlp is this? My 2023.12.30 version doesn't support TheCW.

And if i use the MPD, i do see the separate Audio streams:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	299
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	437870
        Even cat catch sees the separate audio...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	259
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	437871
        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

That's all good, and I am happy you guys have all these tools to test with, but we bought FabStream and we would like TheCWTV to work because the module costs money. Granted this program is just a bunch of freeware bunched together that Fab didn't code so if the freeware breaks they can't fix it, but it seems the freeware works and Fab doesn't. What's up here?

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
            What version of yt-dlp is this? My 2023.12.30 version doesn't support TheCW.​
            Click image for larger version  Name:	cw_yt-dlp.jpg Views:	1 Size:	290.9 KB ID:	437877

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
            And if i use the MPD, i do see the separate Audio streams:​
            ​You see 10 parts of the same 66k audio stream (splitted for possible ads)
            download 1-1 and you will have: 10 min 42 s

Edit: Taken literally, the audio in mpd is separate - but unused in 6166 ..
            .. we probably agree that no selection is necessary for a single audio

Here we are:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	cw_eve_of_descruction_dl.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.1 KB ID:	437878

Result:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	cw_eve_of_descruction_result.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.1 KB ID:	437879​​
            Last edited by Germania; 02-20-2024, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              I have tried this version

netflix seems to work but only with old content
              stuff released after 25 january gets an error message
              amazon newer stuff still only possible in max 480p​
              You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly.
                King Solomon's Mines + Eve of Destruction fails for me too (without crash)
                Looks like the (release version) 6.1.6.6 has fixed the CWTV problem. I just downloaded Eve of Destruction, Part 1, and I am doing King Solomon's Mines now. But it is incredibly slow. The download says about 7 MB/s, but it feels like 7 kb/s. Nevertheless, King Solomon is plugging along just like Eve did, so I think it will fully download. I'll write another message if it doesn't. I don't feel like waiting with this message until it is done. It's just taking too long.

Comment

Analyzing is full speed - but in the time "Waiting to Download"
                  i can dl 720p with yt-dlp before SF start downloading

In qef.log i've multiple:
                  WARNING:browser_info.cc(298)] Returning a speculative frame for ...​

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Looks like the (release version) 6.1.6.6 has fixed the CWTV problem. I just downloaded Eve of Destruction, Part 1, and I am doing King Solomon's Mines now. But it is incredibly slow. The download says about 7 MB/s, but it feels like 7 kb/s. Nevertheless, King Solomon is plugging along just like Eve did, so I think it will fully download. I'll write another message if it doesn't. I don't feel like waiting with this message until it is done. It's just taking too long.
                    Ditto.

Comment

Analyzing is full speed - but in the time "Waiting to Download"
                      i can dl 720p with yt-dlp before SF start downloading

In qef.log i've multiple:
                      WARNING:browser_info.cc(298)] Returning a speculative frame for ...​
                      Someone has to tell me that the download only starts when the advertising ends.
                      If advertising is paused, SF will not start the download.​

So 1 MB/s ...

Comment

Working...
                      X