X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Germania View Post

See License.txt
    10. OPEN SOURCE USAGE AND DEPENDENCIES​
    That's it? No thanks to MKVToolnix we can give you a .mkv file. Or the other programs that this program is comprised of, and read what
    Cats4U wrote. They do not even update these programs so this program could work as it should. This is just lazy and disrespectful to the people who paid for this program, Cats4U is a very smart man but he is not a developer and he can do it. What does that tell you?
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
      What does that tell you?
      That tells me, “It’s just lazy” is probably correct
      if they only perform the most necessary patches.

I don't know when you purchased the program.
      For me it wasn't 7 months and the average costs per month are surely much higher for me.

I'm not happy about it. That's why I see no reason to serve as a complaint box here.​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
        That tells me, “It’s just lazy” is probably correct
        if they only perform the most necessary patches.

I don't know when you purchased the program.
        For me it wasn't 7 months and the average costs per month are surely much higher for me.

I'm not happy about it. That's why I see no reason to serve as a complaint box here.​
        Do they install the necessary patches? Maybe we are not looking at the same program. From where I sit I would rather have Cats4U version of this program, it's more updated and I think works better. But maybe that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

That's it? No thanks to MKVToolnix we can give you a .mkv file.
          As far I've seen, all the third-party software that SF uses are covered under various open-source copyright licenses. Most, if not all, just require that a simple copyright notice be placed somewhere. Open-source licenses require the copyright owner to actually make available the source code to all so it can be used in other's software. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_license

Cats4U is a very smart man but he is not a developer
          Hmm, this coming from a person that is about to graduate with an advanced degree in Nuclear Fusion from Harvard in a few months and already has a supervisory position at a cutting edge energy producing company lined up. Someone is smart here, and it ain't me.
          But I must say that while I've never been a commercial developer, I did do a fair amount of coding in my day. Unfortunately, there's not much call for Digital PDP 11 Basic, IBM 360 COBOL and Assembler, and Fortran programmers nowadays. Besides, I probably only remember about 2% of it now.

Comment

Hmm, this coming from a person that is about to graduate with an advanced degree in Nuclear Fusion from Harvard in a few months and already has a supervisory position at a cutting edge energy producing company lined up. Someone is smart here, and it ain't me.
            But I must say that while I've never been a commercial developer, I did do a fair amount of coding in my day. Unfortunately, there's not much call for Digital PDP 11 Basic, IBM 360 COBOL and Assembler, and Fortran programmers nowadays. Besides, I probably only remember about 2% of it now.
            You almost hit the nail on the head, Not Harvard, MIT School of Nuclear Science and Engineering. Close. Both in Cambridge.
            Last edited by Chameleon; 02-23-2024, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Just in case anyone is wondering why Peacock is not listed in the latest banner, we are waiting on the acknowledgement that the Developers are aware of the Peacock DRM problem and are taking action. It may seem like a small thing, but we want to be as accurate in our reporting as we can with the information we have been given. When we have that, most likely Peacock will be listed on the banner similar to Netflix, but with the date being on or after Feb. 22nd for when you cannot download content. Everything before that is working fine.

Comment

Pre 1/25 still working for me. So it might be related to people with the free cable tv accounts again, something changed.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
                  Pre 1/25 still working for me. So it might be related to people with the free cable tv accounts again, something changed.
                  Did you read the freaking messages above yours???? 1/25 has nothing to do with Peacock. Peacock didn't switch over to using the newest Widevine code until 2/22/24. Pre-2/22/24 works, 2/22/24 and after doesn't. Of course, Pre 1/25 still works. Pre 1/25 would even work with Amazon, Max, Netflix, and all the other streamers listed in the banner. You did read the banner, didn't you? Yeah, I thought so. Jeez!

I think I'm gonna go on vacation with Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                    Yes... yes, I think you should.

Comment

Did you read the freaking messages above yours???? 1/25 has nothing to do with Peacock. Peacock didn't switch over to using the newest Widevine code until 2/22/24. Pre-2/22/24 works, 2/22/24 and after doesn't. Of course, Pre 1/25 still works. Pre 1/25 would even work with Amazon, Max, Netflix, and all the other streamers listed in the banner. You did read the banner, didn't you? Yeah, I thought so. Jeez!

As far as what I am receiving on my laptop..... I know first hand..... what this Moderator has said about PEACOCK is 100% accurate.....

I just got done attempting to download "Law & Order SVU..... Season 25..... the first 5 episodes..... with the following results:.....

Episode 1..... Date released January 18, 2024..... 1080p with subtitles.....
                      Episode 2..... Date released January 25, 2024..... 1080p with subtitles.....
                      Episode 3..... Date released February 1, 2024..... 1080p with subtitles.....
                      Episode 4..... Date released February 8, 2024..... 1080p with subtitles.....
                      Episode 5..... Date released February 22, 2024..... "MEOW!".

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Oh wow, those were the days. I was the only one in my IBM 360 Assembler class who actually enjoyed it, Then for many years my job was writing graphics libraries to allow Fortran programs to display on a storage scope connected to a PDP-11 with a paper tape reader/punch but no disk, and eventually migrate the same programs to Windows. So I guess we're from the same generation.
                        [end of old man's ramblings]

Comment

I know there is lots of back and forth that is making those of us get very dizzy. I am sure the developers are working on the issues and I will give them the patience they are asking so we all can get back to enjoying the services they are trying to provide.

Comment

Law & Order SVU s25E5 -- endless analyzing. No kitty. Dated 2/23/24 if I am not mistaken.
                            Other guys download it fine though.
                            Semi-pointless post, no doubt the dev team knows about the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
                              Law & Order SVU s25E5 -- endless analyzing. No kitty. Dated 2/23/24 if I am not mistaken.
                              Other guys download it fine though.
                              Semi-pointless post, no doubt the dev team knows about the issue.
                              No doubt..... Scroll up four posts to see my reply.....

Then scroll up an additional two posts to see to what I was replying.
                              Last edited by weavermovies; 02-28-2024, 03:40 AM.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

just wondering any progress on this matter..2 weeks & counting...

Comment

Working...
                                X