Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM MPD filmfriend.de stream download no longer working

Hi guys,

I was using SF (before the DRM change) to successfully downloading from filmfriend.de (a German public library service).
    Yesterday, I tried to download two movies with v6.1.6.6 and both of them failed to download.

UI shows that analysis works (taking a bit longer than normal) and download is complete, but the process after download fails somehow - so the behavior seems to be different from DRM issues that I observed with other streamers. The stream can be watched from within SF's browser tab (till SF analysis takes over).

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	438189

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	438190

I would have been silent, but download from filmfriend.de worked until "now". I don't DL from this service on a daily basis so I cannot point my finger to a date when DL stopped working.

I know that DRM issues have higher priority, but I don't know if this is also DRM related or something completely different.

Since registration for German citizens with library access card is free, but apart from that, no free trial access to filmfriend.de is possible, I would be happy to assist in bug-tracking.

Thank you in advance

You can also simply download the Videos yourself from the site using the MPD.

The Videos there are not DRM protected.​

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
      The Videos there are not DRM protected.​
      Sure? I think they use same DRM and License Server like alleskino.de

Can I also download movies?​
      However, copying the movies is prevented by the DRM used.

I am at work, the earliest I could test is in 6 hours..

Comment

> UI shows that analysis works (taking a bit longer than normal)

3 Minutes for me | multiple: Check allow 2 failed, retry

> the process after download fails

For me the same (720p instead 1080p)

ProcessStreamFile video failed (604)
        ProcessStreamFile failed (504)
        download thread end
        remuxDownloadedFiles not found video stream
        -> looks like DRM issue

Infos for successfully download/decryption -> non-public

@Marty92
        "not DRM protected" - what see you here in red

Click image for larger version

Name:	ff_voll-paula_nodrm.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	438213

Comment

Thanks for this thread. I wanted to report the same problem with the DRM Pro module.

I have experienced exactly the same behavior with some streaming services (pathe-thuis.nl, filmin.es and some others...)

The analysis takes a bit longer than before, but then SF really starts downloading (so the analysis must have been successful).

But at the end, during the muxing process: download failed.

So, IS this a DRM problem or not?​

Comment

Originally posted by stphnvdb View Post
            So, IS this a DRM problem or not?​
            Looks like SF is not generating the correct and complete key for decryption. (in this case). Therefore, the downloaded streams cannot be decrypted after download and cannot be muxed together.

Comment

stphnvdb,
              Too often, when someone says they have "the same problem" or "the same behavior" as the streamer being discussed, it has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you want to discuss those streamers (preferably one at a time) start a new topic and provide complete information along with an attachment of your StreamFab.log from your reported download problem.​

Comment

Originally posted by morningshow View Post

Looks like SF is not generating the correct and complete key for decryption. (in this case). Therefore, the downloaded streams cannot be decrypted after download and cannot be muxed together.
                It doesn't look like anything. Unless you had access to and read his StreamFab.log there is absolutely no way that you can determine what is going on in his attempted download.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

It doesn't look like anything. Unless you had access to and read his StreamFab.log there is absolutely no way that you can determine what is going on in his attempted download.
                  Sorry.
                  I read not only the StreamFab log and saw the "kid" that is logged there.
                  I also saw the key the Germania sent.
                  So, I was not speculating. I was only observing and telling about _this case_. I have no idea about the other streaming service problems and I did not say a word about these.

Comment

Hi guys,

I was using SF (before the DRM change) to successfully downloading from filmfriend.de (a German public library service).
                    Yesterday, I tried to download two movies with v6.1.6.6 and both of them failed to download.

UI shows that analysis works (taking a bit longer than normal) and download is complete, but the process after download fails somehow - so the behavior seems to be different from DRM issues that I observed with other streamers. The stream can be watched from within SF's browser tab (till SF analysis takes over).

I would have been silent, but download from filmfriend.de worked until "now". I don't DL from this service on a daily basis so I cannot point my finger to a date when DL stopped working.

I know that DRM issues have higher priority, but I don't know if this is also DRM related or something completely different.

Since registration for German citizens with library access card is free, but apart from that, no free trial access to filmfriend.de is possible, I would be happy to assist in bug-tracking.

Thank you in advance
                    This used to happen on ITVx before it got its own module. Workaround was to click cancel on the first pop-up to download and click Download or Add to Queue to the second one. If there is no second pop-up, try clicking the MPD blue pill at the top left.

Please let us know if that works or not
                    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

This used to happen on ITVx before it got its own module. Workaround was to click cancel on the first pop-up to download and click Download or Add to Queue to the second one. If there is no second pop-up, try clicking the MPD blue pill at the top left.

Please let us know if that works or not
                      Thank you jpp72 for sharing your experience.

I immediately tried it.
                      I clicked to watch "Voll Paula!" movie and cancelled the first pop-up dialog window asking for download options. No second pop-up appeared (the movie was playing in the SF browser tab). I clicked the blue pill on the top-left and the same dialog came up where I chose "download now". Analysis started, download started and after UI showed that download process is completed, the post-processing failed (same as before).

A look into the log revealed the same errors as with using the first pop-up download dialogue.

Comment

Sorry.
                        I read not only the StreamFab log and saw the "kid" that is logged there.
                        I also saw the key the Germania sent.
                        So, I was not speculating. I was only observing and telling about _this case_. I have no idea about the other streaming service problems and I did not say a word about these.
                        I was referring to stphnvdb's mention of
                        (pathe-thuis.nl, filmin.es and some others...)
                        . He initially wrote,
                        Thanks for this thread. I wanted to report the same problem with the DRM Pro module.
                        At no time did he mention that he actually made any attempt to download from filmfriend.de. Do you know how many times we, as moderators, get "same problem" messages that have absolutely nothing to do with the original topic? Put yourself in our place. The only thing we can do is get them separated out to a new topic and get the StreamFab.log to analyze the problem.
                        With that in mind, this was your conversation with stphnvdb -

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-27 4.51.12 AM.png
Views:	384
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	438255In your mind, you are replying to his DRM question as if it was filmfriend.de and my mind is on his (pathe-thuis.nl, filmin.es and some others...) because he never directly mentions filmfriend.de. If I am reading you right, and you were working as a team, I had no knowledge of that nor was that plainly stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I was referring to stphnvdb's mention of . He initially wrote, At no time did he mention that he actually made any attempt to download from filmfriend.de. Do you know how many times we, as moderators, get "same problem" messages that have absolutely nothing to do with the original topic? Put yourself in our place. The only thing we can do is get them separated out to a new topic and get the StreamFab.log to analyze the problem.
                          With that in mind, this was your conversation with stphnvdb -

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-27 4.51.12 AM.png
Views:	384
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	438255In your mind, you are replying to his DRM question as if it was filmfriend.de and my mind is on his (pathe-thuis.nl, filmin.es and some others...) because he never directly mentions filmfriend.de. If I am reading you right, and you were working as a team, I had no knowledge of that nor was that plainly stated.
                          I did not want to add to your stress level and I understand your point of view.
                          I just wanted to explain to the guy with the other streamers what seemed to be the cause of problems in my case - in order to help him trying to find a comparison method if checking his own logs.
                          You clearly did not get my intention right there and let me say it this way: your answer to my post was not using the nicest-possible tone. I can understand why, so no hard feelings.
                          Checking his logs in a different thread is clearly the best way to proceed.

Comment

Yes, you're right. I can't be sure, if it's the same reason why the downloads fail in my case. and without a log file, my post was pretty useless.
                            This is, what my log file says (it's always the same):

2024:02:27-19:04:08 0x000006e8 [Log]: DRMLocalServer: receive all msg elk:{"failure_reason":"","pid_web":"953","reg_stat us":"reg_enable","result":"success","title":""," ty pe":"download","url":"","website":"DRM MPD"}

Comment

I have same problem... I was downloading some educational lectures regularly from a website but since the past 3 days the 'Analysing' takes around 5 - 10 minutes, all segments are downloaded but then during remuxing the process fails. I tried to cancel the automatic download detection of the video and downloaded it using the blue button but the same result.. (Only thing which I saw was that the downloaded videos earlier were being detected as "YouTube plus" and everything was working fine but now as "DRM MPD" and its failing. I also tried with the latest version. Of streamfab with same results

Comment

Working...
                              X