SF for Windows 6.1.6.5 - Certain Titles Not Downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock SF for Windows 6.1.6.5 - Certain Titles Not Downloading

So far just one movie and three TV episodes. They stream fine watching the service on a regular browser, but these are coming back with error codes that may or may not be showing in the logfile (I've aborted downloading them because they keep trying to download but keep circling back to the same error message and my patience is short today lol)

The error code that I'm seeing on the Peacock page, when SF tries to download them, is this:

Sorry, your system configuration is not compatible with Peacock. Please check the supported devices in our Help Center (6007).

I haven't had this issue with other shows/movies, and (so far) I've only seen this happen on the following titles:

Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies

Couple To Throuple, Season 1, episodes 7 through 9

May or may not be related to the overall bigger issue but I've attached the logs anyway.
    Attached Files

Delete StreamFab.log and please try with 6.1.6.6

Post the log once done
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I have had an issue un 6.1.6.6 with Peacock. New titles just analyze. The whole program is a mess for new titles.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
        I have had an issue un 6.1.6.6 with Peacock. New titles just analyze. The whole program is a mess for new titles.
        I'm still waiting on a confirmation so that Peacock can be added to the banner. At this point, just assume that anything that was released on Feb. 22nd or later will not download and will continuously analyze in the Downloading window. Anything prior to Feb. 22nd, should be downloadable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I'm still waiting on a confirmation so that Peacock can be added to the banner. At this point, just assume that anything that was released on Feb. 22nd or later will not download and will continuously analyze in the Downloading window. Anything before Feb. 22nd should be downloadable.
          You are 100% correct, as I said new titles just analyze. The older ones download just fine. It's just frustrating for me because I have all the older ones I want, and now I want the newer ones. But I guess for new users it works fine.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I'm still waiting on a confirmation so that Peacock can be added to the banner. At this point, just assume that anything that was released on Feb. 22nd or later will not download and will continuously analyze in the Downloading window. Anything prior to Feb. 22nd, should be downloadable.
            Yeah, it's for new videos. Tried with videos from '22, '23, and worked just fine but got the same aforementioned error with a video from 28 February.

Comment

I just tried to download the new Megamind movie and the Megamind TV Series. All it did was go into analyze mode and stayed there. Also tried with SF 6.1.6.5 with the same results. I guess DRM hit Peacock for some of its material.

Comment

Originally posted by beric3236 View Post
                I just tried to download the new Megamind movie and the Megamind TV Series. All it did was go into analyze mode and stayed there. Also tried with SF 6.1.6.5 with the same results. I guess DRM hit Peacock for some of its material.
                As I've written, at least 4 times here in the forum in recent days -- Due to the DRM issue, videos made available on Peacock on or after February 22, 2024, will not download, they will analyze in the Downloading screen endlessly. Videos that were made available on Peacock prior to February 22, 2024, will most likely be able to be downloaded at their full potential.
                May I suggest that you start reading before you post. Each Peacock message has its topic clearly marked with a pink-purplelish icon that says "Peacock". By reading these recent messages, you are likely to come across either an exact match for your problem or one similar. There is no reason to have to duplicate questions and answers over and over again.

Comment

• Cats4U
                  Cats4U commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Peacock's situation has just been added to the banner.

As I've written, at least 4 times here in the forum in recent days -- Due to the DRM issue, videos made available on Peacock on or after February 22, 2024, will not download, they will analyze in the Downloading screen endlessly. Videos that were made available on Peacock prior to February 22, 2024, will most likely be able to be downloaded at their full potential.
                May I suggest that you start reading before you post. Each Peacock message has its topic clearly marked with a pink-purplelish icon that says "Peacock". By reading these recent messages, you are likely to come across either an exact match for your problem or one similar. There is no reason to have to duplicate questions and answers over and over again.
                Rather than searching the forum, I was going by the information in the banner. At the time, if I recall correctly, Peacock was showing as being ok. So I did not think this was related to the DRM issue. Thank you for adding it to the banner.

Comment

Any update on this? Its been unusually long for a fix. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bushie_40 View Post

As of two weeks ago (the last time I was told anything specific by management), Amazon has priority, followed by Netflix. No other streamers were discussed. That doesn't mean that they might sneak in Peacock in the update that comes out. I'm still waiting on an explanation about what appeared in 6.1.6.9 and the subsequent test version. Jack and I are being left out of the information loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushie_40 View Post

I feel like they're getting closer to a fix and I'm basing my opinion on what happens on the actual Peacock tab when a download is trying to take place.

Previously, when I tried to download something "new" to Peacock, I would (after a minute or so) get the Puss In Boots picture with the sad eyes saying an error took place. At that point I would just abort the download and add it to a "get from Peacock when fixed" list I have in notepad.

Now, I'm seeing "Your video will start after this ad", and an ad would start playing. A few seconds into the ad the ad will stop, but then loop back to the "your video will start..." message. Still won't download, but at least not getting the Puss In Boots picture.

Today I had one that I didn't think was "new" to Peacock and tried to download it. Got a message saying it was free with ads to all Peacock users, the ad started, stopped after a few seconds, and then began playing in the Peacock tab -- but didn't download.

So, I feel it's progress. Not quite there yet but close. And yes, that's what she said.

Comment

Working...
                      X