No announcement yet.

I cant download anything from Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason why the competitor is so far ahead is that they installed the Widevine CDM 4.10.2710.0 back in October, when it first came out, and then started working on cracking it. I asked StreamFab's Project Manager to do the same in November and was told that the old CDM was good enough. I'm not here to blow my own horn, but this is not the first or only time when I've advised them of a fix that needed to be looked into and was ignored with disastrous consequences. The same has occurred with Jack occasionally.

Comment

Maybe they should learn to listen and take advise instead of just thinking they got it. They obviously need help. There's nothing wrong with asking for help. They should tell themselves that.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
        Maybe they should learn to listen and take advise instead of just thinking they got it. They obviously need help. There's nothing wrong with asking for help. They should tell themselves that.
        As the old saying goes: 'pride comes before a fall'. How far do these Dev's need to plummet until they get that! Best they stock up on the cool whip -gotta lot of humble pie to eat...

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          The reason why the competitor is so far ahead is that they installed the Widevine CDM 4.10.2710.0 back in October, when it first came out, and then started working on cracking it. I asked StreamFab's Project Manager to do the same in November and was told that the old CDM was good enough. I'm not here to blow my own horn, but this is not the first or only time when I've advised them of a fix that needed to be looked into and was ignored with disastrous consequences. The same has occurred with Jack occasionally.
          You blow that horn Cats4U -stupid is as stupid does! I refer of course to the Developers (and) clearly the arrogance of the Project Manager. Harsh? Nope, I call it as I see it. Maybe it's time for them to rearrange the deck chairs again . . .

Comment

I wonder how all the endless resellers are coping too, they don't even tell their customers on their websites what is going on, and many don't know they are just resellers.

I do notice that the competition hasn't got Netflix 1080p cracked yet though. All a bit worrying.

Comment

What competition are we talking about here?

Comment

I would be interested in this bit of info, too (even privately). I am about to loose track on all the stuff that I need to DL once SF is fully back to business again.

Comment

I, personally, think it is rude to post a name of a competitor on one's own forum. I have done it, myself, on at least one occasion when angry, but I felt bad about it afterward and removed it. Please only do so via PM.

Comment

It makes no sense to mention the competitor's Name anyway.

The competitor can't download videos from Netflix either.​

Comment

Originally posted by morningshow View Post
                      I would be interested in this bit of info, too (even privately). I am about to loose track on all the stuff that I need to DL again once SF is fully back to business.
                      At this point I have no confidence that will ever happen. Fully back to business I would think includes no re-encoding and all DRM fixed. I am convinced this will never occur.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
                        It makes no sense to mention the competitor's Name anyway.

Very good point. I lost track of which streamer we were talking about in this thread. Netflix seems to be a different animal this time around. The fact that it appears to have stumped the competitor's developers up to this point really has me a bit worried. They seem to be a very competent bunch of cyphers. If all the streamers follow Netflix's lead, there is definitely trouble ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                          afaik they use Playready L1 CDM API not chrome cdm and its far more complex to get it, also take in mind streamfab probably bought the chrome cdm method before and didn't crack themself. All these cracking stuff require lots of money or very high skills, or sometimes even both at same time
                          I have nothing against dvdfab or streamfab but you can clearly see the way how they are operating their business is odd, there is a ton of clones for streamfab software under differents names/websites but its the same company, Competitor don't act like that and seems more serious/professional on that part, also probably way less greedy.
                          But as we can see overall P2P and scene groups (always) are still ahead for the tools/API if you ask me compared to all these paid sofwares (as they can get 1080p netflix stuff), still 2160p netflix is very private atm even for them.
                          Last edited by kasro; 03-20-2024, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Posted by Marty92

This is not necessarily true. The competitor can download everything from Netflix, even brand new videos, that Fab cannot. What they can't do is download them in FHD and neither can StreamFab. So saying they can't download Netflix videos is not true.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by kasro View Post

afaik they use Playready L1 CDM API not chrome cdm and its far more complex to get it, also take in mind streamfab probably bought the chrome cdm method before and didn't crack themself. All these cracking stuff require lots of money or very high skills, or sometimes even both at same time
                              I have nothing against dvdfab or streamfab but you can clearly see the way how they are operating their business is odd, there is a ton of clones for streamfab software under differents names/websites but its the same company, Competitor don't act like that and seems more serious/professional on that part, also probably way less greedy.
                              But as we can see overall P2P and scene groups (always) are still ahead for the tools/API if you ask me compared to all these paid sofwares (as they can get 1080p netflix stuff), still 2160p netflix is very private atm even for them.
                              There is absolutely no way they are using Playready L1 because of 1) it is only rumored that someone was able to crack Playready L3, no one has provided proof yet 2) L1 requires hardware and not just software. They would have to give out chips to be installed in your computer along with you buying the software, You are absolutely wrong about this.
                              As for DVDFab being an odd company, I don't know. Lots of companies run affiliate programs. I don't really follow business trends, but maybe it might be a bit more prevalent with Chinese companies. The other moderator here, Jack, is a Director with a large Canadian software company and deals with Chinese companies all the time. He told me that DVDFab is pretty typical in the ways they go about running their businesses.

Comment

You can use playready l1 cdm through API just fine, you just need an access to and of course this access need lots of money and you need a tool to use it , the same way for L1 CDM widevine API or Chrome CDM API (but this one is limited for quality for most providers, can't get 2160p or even 1080p sometimes), and devs and mods there already said they could get 2160p for some L1 stuff but it would give them too much attention and stuff like that is banned fast by providers when its public (aka available for everyone, and so too many downloads attempts etc).

All explained there, as you can see you can use L1 CDM though API (L1 widevine or playready): https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...on#post2671865

And yes unlike the competitor AS is acting odd, for example they run many streamfab clones like TunePat and many others you can find on google, they don't even remove the mention of them on here https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader/vid...one-review.htm

I'm not here to argue just to tell you how it is, that's it, have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                                X