I cant download anything from Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted by Kastro

And yes, unlike the competitor AS is acting odd, for example they run many streamfab clones like TunePat and many others you can find on google, they don't even remove the mention of them on here
    Hi Kastro, could you explain this sentence, don't get me wrong, I have no issue with it, I just do not understand it. How is AS acting odd? Please don't take this post as me arguing the point, I just do not understand it. Thanks.​
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Hi Kastro, could you explain this sentence, don't get me wrong, I have no issue with it, I just do not understand it. How is AS acting odd? Please don't take this post as me arguing the point, I just do not understand it. Thanks.â
      It is the same streamfab software just renamed but its it exactly the same tool as streamfab, and still dont work for most providers atm, I take TunePat as an example but you can find many on google, when i checked last time i found 5-6 ones. By odd i mean shady, they created many websites/companies for exactly the same software, (all belong to the dvdfab company), to attract/fool more people, and so yea it is odd/shady/greedy/whatever. Most software companies don't do that, because it looks suspicious af, but if you are fine with such practises then go for it.

Comment

I wasn't even aware of it. My only misunderstanding was the part where you said "AS" was acting odd. I thought you referred to the competitor" and they were acting odd. Thanks for your input.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          I wasn't even aware of it. My only misunderstanding was the part where you said "AS" was acting odd. I thought you referred to the competitor" and they were acting odd. Thanks for your input.
          I thought the same thing. I thought he was saying that the competitor was using a program named TunePat (one I'm not familiar with) within the competitor's program.

Rather than write two messages, this part is sort of in response to kasro's last post. For two years or so, I've been trying to find out exactly how StreamFab is made. There appears to be only one developer, since the Project Manager always refers to him (and it is a him) as the developer and not the developers. That's all I know for sure over this long time. Now I have a new hypothesis (a non-proven theory), I think the Developer is an independent programmer who owns the core code to what we know of as StreamFab and goes by many other names. The various companies lease the core program from the Developer and add their own UI to it. After that, they set their own subscription rates and do their own advertising and support. The reason I write that is because, from being close to the inside, it is obvious that the Project Manager relies on what the Developer says and does and not the other way around. If the Developer was a DVDFab employee, he would have to do what the Project Manager wanted him to do. The Project Manager knew no one wanted re-encoding, and he made a joke about it being like CleverGet. There is no way that he would have approved 6.1.6.9 and the test version if it wasn't forced on him by the Developer. In case you are wondering, Wilson.Wang is the Project Manager. Surprisingly, he is also listed as the only active Developer listed in the DVDFab forum and mail program. Just one more indication that the actual StreamFab developer is external to DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Rather than write two messages, this part is sort of in response to kasro's last post. For two years or so, I've been trying to find out exactly how StreamFab is made. There appears to be only one developer, since the Project Manager always refers to him (and it is a him) as the developer and not the developers. That's all I know for sure over this long time. Now I have a new hypothesis (a non-proven theory), I think the Developer is an independent programmer who owns the core code to what we know of as StreamFab and goes by many other names. The various companies lease the core program from the Developer and add their own UI to it. After that, they set their own subscription rates and do their own advertising and support. The reason I write that is because, from being close to the inside, it is obvious that the Project Manager relies on what the Developer says and does and not the other way around. If the Developer was a DVDFab employee, he would have to do what the Project Manager wanted him to do. The Project Manager knew no one wanted re-encoding, and he made a joke about it being like CleverGet. There is no way that he would have approved 6.1.6.9 and the test version if it wasn't forced on him by the Developer. In case you are wondering, Wilson.Wang is the Project Manager. Surprisingly, he is also listed as the only active Developer listed in the DVDFab forum and mail program. Just one more indication that the actual StreamFab developer is external to DVDFab.
            I figured all of this out a long time ago with them completely shit-canning their movie server (hardware) and abandoning it because they couldn't figure it out for updates because it wasn't their software. Keep complaining all and they will do the same here. They don't care.

Not saying anything about you Cats4U, only conforming what I always believed.
            Last edited by Down2Earth; 03-20-2024, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Which was the last version before this re encoding was added? I'd rather not be able to download a program then to have it re encoded.
              Could someone provide a download link for said version?

Thanks

Comment

I can't really imagine, that all of this depends on just ONE developer.... the company is a few years old and hast quiet a few different products . It would also imply, that the details about the team on their web site would all be off reality...: "... Technology Team: consists of over 30 technical expert..." "...Customer Service Team: consists of over 20 young people..."
                Just saying and hoping for the best..

Comment

All the other white label competitors (I will use initials) KS, FP, Y2M, BBF, SGG, etc, are in my opinion legal re-badged resellers, so not pirates. If I want to buy the rights to sell Streamfab I could probably pay a huge fee, and then be allowed to sell them on my own site in whatever method preferred, like yearly, lifetime, etc. I would imagine the initial fee to buy the rights is very large, so then you have to make your money back, OR they are "PAYG" and Streamfab (and the reseller) only get paid when a sale is made. Sadly as just resellers they don't have any of their own developers so have to wait for updates from Streamfabs staff. I would take a stab in the dark guess all these endless resellers suddenly have updates to "their" software a day after Streamfab.

I think the only true unique competitor to Streamfab is the one we all already know about. I haven't found any other software that that downloads Netflix/Amazon without re-encoding.

I remember I used to use video editing called VideoRedo, it didn't download, but was an excellent video editor and to me looked like a very professional high class company. I had no idea the entire company was run by 1 person, and when the owner died the entire software and website went in to limbo. I wonder if Streamfabs has lots of different staff or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
                    It makes no sense to mention the competitor's Name anyway.

The competitor can't download videos from Netflix either.​
                    Not sure that works in Netflixs favour. I had zero interest in streaming until the likes of Streamfab came along and allowed me to watch things when and where I want and on what devices. If those options vanish I won't subscribe to any streaming services so they'll lose out

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post

Not sure that works in Netflixs favour. I had zero interest in streaming until the likes of Streamfab came along and allowed me to watch things when and where I want and on what devices. If those options vanish I won't subscribe to any streaming services so they'll lose out
                      Exactly! I've told this story many times. I was a big time torrent user until I started to feel guilty for not paying my fair share for the videos I obtained. That overlooking that we pay $250+ per month to Comcast, some of which goes to cable TV. So, I went looking and found StreamFab. I signed up with all the major streamers to work with it. I already had Amazon Prime membership and Peacock free from Comcast. During the Writer's Strike and Summer hiatus, I decided to drop Netflix and Max (then called HBO Max) temporarily to save some money because it seemed like nothing new was coming out. I still haven't re-subscribed, mainly due to the DRM issue. Come April 2nd (don't want to do it on April Fools) if the DRM issue isn't fixed, I'm dropping my other paid-for streamers, Paramount+, Discovery+ and Hulu, and going back, pretty much completely, to torrenting. I'm not going to feel guilty anymore. Their constant changing of the DRM is driving me away from streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninko View Post
                        Which was the last version before this re encoding was added? I'd rather not be able to download a program then to have it re encoded.
                        Could someone provide a download link for said version?
                        That would be 6.1.6.7. Sorry, I can't give you a download link. You should have saved it when you did the download of the offline update. Please don't tell me you did an online install because that opens you up to more problems than just re-encoding.

Comment

Zammo, what I'm saying is that DVDFab is not the developer of StreamFab and what you call white label competitors. That's my hypothesis, anyway. DVDFab gets the core of StreamFab from this developer and adds their particular UI to it. All the other white label competitors do the same. DVDFab does have an affiliate program, but that has nothing to do with the white label competitors. The affiliates are just another place to purchase DVDFab offerings rather than deal with the company directly. https://www.dvdfab.cn/webmaster.htm The following is a list of the known affiliates at the time that this list was made, around 2020 I believe, but you'll get the idea. You'll probably recognize a few company names there. I certainly did. I've bought software through at least four of them over the years. They are just resellers, they do not create white label competitors.
                          Code:
                          <Affiliates>
                          <Affiliates_FORM>Y</Affiliates_FORM>
                          <Affiliates_VERSION>1.4</Affiliates_VERSION>
                          <Affiliates_URL>http://pad.asp-software.org/extensions/Affiliates.htm</Affiliates_URL>
                          <Affiliates_Information_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Avangate_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Avangate_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Avangate_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Avangate_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_BMTMicro_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_BMTMicro_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_BMTMicro_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_BMTMicro_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Cleverbridge_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Cleverbridge_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Cleverbridge_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Cleverbridge_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_clixGalore_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_clixGalore_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_clixGalore_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_clixGalore_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_CommissionJunction_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_CommissionJunction_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_CommissionJunction_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_CommissionJunction_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_DigiBuy_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_DigiBuy_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_DigiBuy_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_DigiBuy_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_DigitalCandle_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_DigitalCandle_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_DigitalCandle_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_DigitalCandle_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Emetrix_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Emetrix_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Emetrix_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Emetrix_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_eSellerate_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_eSellerate_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_eSellerate_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_eSellerate_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_iPortis_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_iPortis_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_iPortis_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_iPortis_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Kagi_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Kagi_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Kagi_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Kagi_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_LinkShare_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_LinkShare_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_LinkShare_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_LinkShare_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_NorthStarSol_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_NorthStarSol_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_NorthStarSol_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_NorthStarSol_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_OneNetworkDirect_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_OneNetworkDirect_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_OneNetworkDirect_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_OneNetworkDirect_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Order1_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Order1_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Order1_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Order1_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Osolis_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Osolis_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Osolis_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Osolis_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Plimus_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Plimus_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Plimus_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Plimus_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Regnet_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Regnet_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Regnet_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Regnet_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Regnow_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Regnow_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Regnow_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Regnow_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Regsoft_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Regsoft_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Regsoft_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Regsoft_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_ShareIt_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_ShareIt_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_ShareIt_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_ShareIt_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Shareasale_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Shareasale_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Shareasale_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Shareasale_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_SWReg_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_SWReg_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_SWReg_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_SWReg_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_V-Share_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_V-Share_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_V-Share_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_V-Share_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_VFree_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_VFree_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_VFree_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_VFree_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          <Affiliates_Yaskifo_Order_Page/>
                          <Affiliates_Yaskifo_Vendor_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Yaskifo_Product_ID/>
                          <Affiliates_Yaskifo_Maximum_Commission_Rate/>
                          </Affiliates>​

Comment

All explained there, as you can see you can use L1 CDM though API (L1 widevine or playready): https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...on#post2671865​
                            If anything, that little lecture goes on to basically prove my point, although it is just one man's opinion. It is highly, highly unlikely that they are using a PlayReady L1 API. Chrome L1, maybe, but still unlikely. Chrome L3, Yes. Of course, you saw or participated in this thread - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...29#post2727819 Are you the one who lost their AS license because you asked too many questions? The Fox plays by stricter rules because of the two competitors, they are the ones that are more likely to wind up in prison. Enjoy those Caribbean beaches while you can.

Comment

It sounds like this 1 developer is never gonna figure the DRM out and doesn't want to tell any of the paid subscribers that he can't aka leaving everyone guessing and waiting forever.

Comment

I have the same problem. d/l 1 movie on the give away and another when I purchased the program. When a friend of mine wasn't able to view netflix he rang me up. Turned out that edge was the problem, so I put him on chrome and he was good as gold. When I got home I tried to download a movie and kept on getting a stupid error message.
                                after doing some investigations I noticed that steamfab uses edge as it's interface, so that is why you can't download at the moment.
                                Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                                X