Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been doing the same thing, staying at 6.1.6.7 and havent had much of an issue. (Not really grabbing much new stuff) I do however have one that I have found odd. Romancing the Stone on AMC is leaving in 8 days and that tells me its been there awhile but for the life of me i can't get past the 540p crap.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
      You overlooked Roku Channel. I switched from 6.1.6.6 to 6.1.6.9 when I wanted to download a show from The Roku Channel. Version 6.1.6.9 has a fix for Roku Channel. The older versions are unable to analyze the selected video and display the dialog where you add it to the download queue.
      What version of StreamFab 6.1.6.9 are you using?.....

Are you using the original StreamFab 6.1.6.9?..... or are you using the 2nd version of StreamFab 6.1.6.9..... being referred to as the Test Version?.....

The reason I ask is..... based on what you said about ROKU working..... I loaded the StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version on one of my other laptops..... and I can't get past that "verify you're human" checkbox..... because when I click on it..... it acts as though it's verifying..... but the checkbox just reappears..... and no matter how many times I check it..... it keeps reappearing.....

Yes!..... I performed a full uninstall/reinstall as prescribed.....

Yes!..... I have a ROKU account.....

Yes!..... I am logged into ROKU..... and can successfully check the "Verify you are human" checkbox..... be verified..... and then access and play movies through my normal Firefox browser.....

So I'm hoping you can tell me what you're doing that is allowing you to get past the verification in StreamFab..... consequently allowing me to access ROKU and perform downloads..... specifically "Dangerous Minds" which I've been looking for for quite some time and is only available there until the end of the month.....

Thank you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ROKU CHECKBOX.png Views:	1 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	439742
      Last edited by weavermovies; 03-24-2024, 05:04 PM.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

What version of StreamFab 6.1.6.9 are you using?.....

Are you using the original StreamFab 6.1.6.9?..... or are you using the 2nd version of StreamFab 6.1.6.9..... being referred to as the Test Version?.....

The reason I ask is..... based on what you said about ROKU working..... I loaded the StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version on one of my other laptops..... and I can't get past that "verify you're human" checkbox..... because when I click on it..... it acts as though it's verifying..... but the checkbox just reappears..... and no matter how many times I check it..... it keeps reappearing.....

Yes!..... I performed a full uninstall/reinstall as prescribed.....

Yes!..... I have a ROKU account.....

Yes!..... I am logged into ROKU..... and can successfully check the "Verify you are human" checkbox..... be verified..... and then access and play movies through my normal Firefox browser.....

So I'm hoping you can tell me what you're doing that is allowing you to get past the verification in StreamFab..... consequently allowing me to access ROKU and perform downloads..... specifically "Dangerous Minds" which I've been looking for for quite some time and is only available there until the end of the month.....

Thank you.

Click image for larger version Name:	ROKU CHECKBOX.png Views:	1 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	439742
        copy the Roku URL from your regular browser and paste it into streamfabs browser.
        the movie will download and there's no need to sign in.

Comment

For now I've switched back to 6.1.6.6, since I want to avoid downloading re-encoded videos. Earlier I downloaded season 2 of Dead Like Me from Amazon. Unfortunately Amazon does not have season 1. The only site I could find that has season 1 at present is Roku Channel. I tried to download it with 6.1.6.6, but found that the dialog popup for selecting episodes would not appear even after I created an account and logged in. In the change log for 6.1.6.9 I spotted "Fix: A problem that video analysis does not start when not logged in from certain Roku Channel videos." So I installed 6.1.6.9 and successfully downloaded season 1 from Roku. I'm done for now with Roku, so I reinstalled 6.1.6.6. I didn't go to 6.1.6.7 because there is nothing in the change log for it that affects me. I'm not sure if I needed to be logged in to Roku with 6.1.6.9. I didn't log in manually, but StreamFab may well have automatically logged in for me.

Comment

I didn't go to 6.1.6.7 because there is nothing in the change log for it that affects me.
            6.1.6.7 2024-02-29
            • Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain Roku Channel videos.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
              copy the Roku URL from your regular browser and paste it into streamfabs browser.
              the movie will download and there's no need to sign in.
              Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

6.1.6.7 2024-02-29

Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain Roku Channel videos.

Here's my results.....

First..... I remember seeing that ROKU fix stated in the 6.1.6.7 changelog when it first came out..... but it never worked for me..... and it still doesn't work for me now in StreamFab 6.1.6.7.....

But as I said..... based on what JeffDavis said..... I downloaded the StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version on another laptop to see if I could access ROKU..... and I got that "Verify you are a human" dialog box that I couldn't get past no matter what I did.....

Then october262 replied with the suggestion of doing the URL cut and paste in the top address box..... and I have to tell you..... it was one of those "plain as the nose on my face moments"..... because I've always done that as a troubleshooting step in the past..... so why haven't I already done that now?.....

Therefore..... I did the following.....

1 - I closed StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version.....

2 - I went into my StreamFab folder and deleted the entire "Temp" folder.....

3 - I signed out of and closed ROKU from my Firefox browser.....

4 - I went into the "Settings" section of my Firefox browser..... and cleared all ROKU cookies from the "Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data > Manage Data" section.....

5 - I went to the ROKU website and clicked "close" when the window popped up asking me to open an account as a new member or to sign in to my existing account..... which allowed me to search the site as a guest.....

6 - I did a search for "Dangerous Minds".....

7 - When the thumbnail appeared..... I clicked on it to get to the "Play" screen.....

8 - I did a copy of the video's URL from the ROKU address bar.....

9 - I started StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version.....

10 - I clicked on "Home" in the left hand column.

11 - I pasted the "Dangerous Minds" URL into the StreamFab Home Page Address Bar up top..... then clicked on the "magnifying glass" icon just to the inside left of the bar.....

And just like that..... up pops the Downloader Window..... and we're all set to go.....

I get "Dangerous Minds" as a downloaded video..... 1080p..... and as I expected..... with no subtitles because ROKU not providing subtitles was a problem before the DRM change..... so until it gets fixed..... it will remain a problem.....

So while accessing ROKU isn't the way it should be..... there is a viable workaround..... and I can live with that..... Of course I like subtitles..... but I'd rather have a movie I want at 1080p without subtitles..... then no movie at all.....

I'll say again..... for me on my laptop..... StreamFab 6.1.6.7 does not access ROKU no matter what I do..... and that includes steps 1 through 11 above..... which allowed me access using StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version.....

It should also be emphasized that you only have to do the cookie clearing steps once..... and after that..... just remember that you no longer log in..... You just use the ROKU site through your browser as a guest to search for titles..... and then copy URL's that you will paste into the StreamFab Home Page Address Bar to initiate the downloading process.....

While ROKU will never be a major source as far as downloading is concerned..... over the last two plus years..... it has provided my eclectic movie preferences with over 50 hard to find additions to my collection..... so it's definitely nice to have as an accessible free source.....

In closing..... I offer my thanks to october262 for his reminding me where the nose on my face is located..... without which I'd still be searching.....

One last item..... This doesn't change anything I said about StreamFab 6.1.6.7 in my opening post at the beginning of this topic..... and if I didn't have a second laptop giving me the ability to also run the newer second version when needed..... StreamFab 6.1.6.7 would still be my only choice.​.... and will be where I do all my downloading with the exception of ROKU.....

There you have it!

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post
                i dont know due to some reason old movies also i am getting 480p in amazon in the version 6.1.6.7
                I have to agree, the date is no longer a guarantee!

Amazon is starting to replace the DRM on old films too. I loaded “King of Queens” two days ago. Now nothing works anymore, from the same episodes!​

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

Here's my results.....

First..... I remember seeing that ROKU fix stated in the 6.1.6.7 changelog when it first came out..... but it never worked for me..... and it still doesn't work for me now in StreamFab 6.1.6.7.....

But as I said..... based on what JeffDavis said..... I downloaded the StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version on another laptop to see if I could access ROKU..... and I got that "Verify you are a human" dialog box that I couldn't get past no matter what I did.....

Then october262 replied with the suggestion of doing the URL cut and paste in the top address box..... and I have to tell you..... it was one of those "plain as the nose on my face moments"..... because I've always done that as a troubleshooting step in the past..... so why haven't I already done that now?.....

Therefore..... I did the following.....

1 - I closed StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version.....

2 - I went into my StreamFab folder and deleted the entire "Temp" folder.....

3 - I signed out of and closed ROKU from my Firefox browser.....

4 - I went into the "Settings" section of my Firefox browser..... and cleared all ROKU cookies from the "Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data > Manage Data" section.....

5 - I went to the ROKU website and clicked "close" when the window popped up asking me to open an account as a new member or to sign in to my existing account..... which allowed me to search the site as a guest.....

6 - I did a search for "Dangerous Minds".....

7 - When the thumbnail appeared..... I clicked on it to get to the "Play" screen.....

8 - I did a copy of the video's URL from the ROKU address bar.....

9 - I started StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version.....

10 - I clicked on "Home" in the left hand column.

11 - I pasted the "Dangerous Minds" URL into the StreamFab Home Page Address Bar up top..... then clicked on the "magnifying glass" icon just to the inside left of the bar.....

And just like that..... up pops the Downloader Window..... and we're all set to go.....

I get "Dangerous Minds" as a downloaded video..... 1080p..... and as I expected..... with no subtitles because ROKU not providing subtitles was a problem before the DRM change..... so until it gets fixed..... it will remain a problem.....

So while accessing ROKU isn't the way it should be..... there is a viable workaround..... and I can live with that..... Of course I like subtitles..... but I'd rather have a movie I want at 1080p without subtitles..... then no movie at all.....

I'll say again..... for me on my laptop..... StreamFab 6.1.6.7 does not access ROKU no matter what I do..... and that includes steps 1 through 11 above..... which allowed me access using StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version.....

It should also be emphasized that you only have to do the cookie clearing steps once..... and after that..... just remember that you no longer log in..... You just use the ROKU site through your browser as a guest to search for titles..... and then copy URL's that you will paste into the StreamFab Home Page Address Bar to initiate the downloading process.....

While ROKU will never be a major source as far as downloading is concerned..... over the last two plus years..... it has provided my eclectic movie preferences with over 50 hard to find additions to my collection..... so it's definitely nice to have as an accessible free source.....

In closing..... I offer my thanks to october262 for his reminding me where the nose on my face is located..... without which I'd still be searching.....

One last item..... This doesn't change anything I said about StreamFab 6.1.6.7 in my opening post at the beginning of this topic..... and if I didn't have a second laptop giving me the ability to also run the newer second version when needed..... StreamFab 6.1.6.7 would still be my only choice.​.... and will be where I do all my downloading with the exception of ROKU.....

There you have it!
                  you can actually use a browser add-on such as " the stream detector" to grab the subtitles from roku.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

6.1.6.7 2024-02-29
                    • Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain Roku Channel videos.
                    At the time 6.1.6.7 was released, I wasn't downloading from Roku. I guess they broke the fix in version 6.1.6.8 and fixed it again in 6.1.6.9?

By the way, are the change logs for previous versions archived somewhere? The fixed threads in yellow usually have only the change logs for the cuirrent and 1 previous version.

Comment

By the way, are the change logs for previous versions archived somewhere? The fixed threads in yellow usually have only the change logs for the cuirrent and 1 previous version.

Comment

At the time 6.1.6.7 was released, I wasn't downloading from Roku. I guess they broke the fix in version 6.1.6.8 and fixed it again in 6.1.6.9?

are these what you're looking for ?? - https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new.htm

Comment

I'd say it before and I'll say it again, for Amazon, even the "acquisition date" won't matter. I have videos that had been sitting in my watch list BEFORE the DRM change that cannot be download now (versions 6.1.6 1 and 6.1.6.6)

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post
                            I'd say it before and I'll say it again, for Amazon, even the "acquisition date" won't matter. I have videos that had been sitting in my watch list BEFORE the DRM change that cannot be download now (versions 6.1.6 1 and 6.1.6.6)
                            Same here

Comment

Posted by iDreams
                              what is the fix of netflix on not to logoff ?
                              There is none
                              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

At...what...point...did....writing...with..so ...many...periods...become...acceptable? It's...reallly....hard...to...listen...to...the... advice...of....anyone...who....fails...at...basic. ..grade...schoool....writing.

Comment

• Cats4U
                                  Cats4U commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  We have people here from all over the world with different writing styles, and various attempts at English spelling. Celebrate that we can work together as a single community despite our differences.
                              Working...
                              X