Hulu with StreamFab for Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T90210 View Post
    weavermovies The virtual machine does work with HULU and other streaming services ( except Peacock, known problem with StreamFab ). It just doesn't work currently with these specific shows with Windows StreamFab 6.1.7.0 x64, which is my current problem.

My native OS is Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and the guest OS in the VM is also Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Both are fully up to date on updates.

How do I report this bug since Cats4U does not appear to be reading this thread.
    That's an interesting concept..... And I would imagine the reason you're doing this is to give you the option of running multiple versions of StreamFab on the same Windows machine?.....

I'm surprised that Peacock doesn't work for you if the other services do..... The only difference with the way the DRM change affects Peacock is the date being February 22, 2024 vice January 25, 2024..... unless there is a new problem that's been reported that I haven't seen.....

As far as Cats4U..... I have no idea of the reason for his absence..... and I've also been wondering where Wilson.Wang has been.....

The only other way to report a software problem is by submitting a ticket through "Get Support"..... but my personal experience using that method has left a lot to be desired..... Maybe other Users have had more successful results.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by T90210 View Post
      My native OS is Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and the guest OS in the VM is also Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Both are fully up to date on updates.
      It just dawned on me..... When I saw you were using Windows 10..... I kept thinking you were using a third party emulator to run the Virtual Machine..... but you're using Windows 10..... the Pro version..... which has the "Sandbox" function..... and I'll bet that's what you're using as an emulator..... Is that correct?.....

I hope so because if it is..... I'll have finally found a reason to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro which will allow me to use the key on two computers..... then when Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 in October 2025..... I can use the key to do a free upgrade to Windows 11 Pro which will also work on two computers.....

And it was you mentioning the use of a Virtual Machine which was the catalyst for me doing the research on "Sandbox"..... so even if it turns out that you ARE running a third party emulator..... your post is still the reason for my eyes being opened to the possibility.....

Thank you.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

You have it correct, I am using Windows 10 Pro and using the built in Hyper-V capabilities. I use for the same reasons you mentioned. It allows me to return to a clean Windows install and in the case of StreamFab, I can test and upgrade before applying it to my main machine.

I did put in a support ticket but they misunderstood the issue. They responded with "StreamFab" does not support downloading from LiveTV. I think they think I'm trying to download from the live channels which I'm not. The example I'm giving them is that I can download "Animal Control" season 2 with a basic Hulu account but not with a Hulu+Live account. This all worked prior to the January 25th problems.

Comment

Working...
        X