X
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Streamfab nbot working at all...

I have a computer I use only for Streamfab and Kodi. It worked fine a week or so ago; today, I updated to the latest version, as I usually do -- the one that ends with .70, from .69. When I run the program now, it comes up with what you see in this screengrab. I am unable to type or otherwise enter anything at all to send information to you; I don't think any report is actually sent successfully as the screen says. If I hit the OK button, the program ends, and asks me I want to restart. If I do, I get this same screen, and nothing else. As far as I can tell, no other choices are available.

Attached Files
  • Answer selected by Cats4U at 04-04-2024, 12:48 AM.

This is good for you. So I deinstalled StreamFab 6.1.7.0. completely and I also deleted any folde rof StreamFab in the user directory folders.Then I installed the newest Beta release 6.1.7.1 beta and now it works. Now I will test a few downloads from Amazon Prime and Netflix.
    Last edited by Bithunter_Hardy; 04-03-2024, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I have the same problem! I cannot choose anything without crashing. The browser does not work even when I enter a web address into the address line maually!
      Last edited by Bithunter_Hardy; 03-30-2024, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Hello,
        I have the same problem with new version 6.1.7.0 when i select a service VIP (Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+, Canal). StreamFab crash.
        I've installed the version on line and off line and doesn't work. I've restart the PC and always the same result.
        Thanks for your help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Did you all uninstall and reinstall? I'll take the liberty of quoting Cats4U from another topic, I assume that's OK:

"Did you delete the contents of your temp folder and use a "professional" uninstaller program to remove all traces of a previous version of StreamFab, including registry entries, before installing 6.1.7.0? If so, attach your StreamFab.log."

BTW I can't read OracleTDK's screen shot.

Comment

I've already reported this via their ticket system and NOTHING. Clean install three times. I've only been able to duplicate this on Win7 which is where my media server and storage is installed and has been for about 8 years or more. If possible do a clean uninstall and try either 6.1.6.9 or 6.1.6.7. The DRM issues are still there but at least it runs. ​weavermovies posted about 6.1.6.7 in the following thread

I know I said I wasn't posting on this board anymore..... but of course I still have to read it to find out the status of the DRM fixes..... if and when they ever come..... But I keep reading these posts about re-encoding..... and not being able to stream older 1080p videos..... and Netflix not working at all..... and I

wyhtmgm Here is what he is seeing. Pretty much useless. If you can't fix it **** it up royal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6170.jpg
Views:	1042
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	440130
            An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Well, I can confirm it will NOT run on Win7. I tried two other Win7 SP1 machines that run all the software installed on them without an issue and 6.1.7.0 crashes on all of them. Different configurations such as CPU, Graphics adapter. I can stream Amazon on all of them via Chrome v109.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                Well, I can confirm it will NOT run on Win7. I tried two other Win7 SP1 machines that run all the software installed on them without an issue and 6.1.7.0 crashes on all of them. Different configurations such as CPU, Graphics adapter. I can stream Amazon on all of them via Chrome v109.
                did you try the 32 bit of streamfab on your
                windows 7 computer ?? see if it crashes.

Comment

Switch to Windows 10/11... You are using an operating system that is no longer even supported by Microsoft itself. You're surprised that nothing works anymore...

Comment

And there's always one in the crowd. In the context of the thread HARDLY helpful. But kudos to you anyway.

I'm done installing, uninstalling, installing and uninstalling again. It is NOT my job to test the software. My only job was to pay for it and their only job was to deliver. Seems I kept my end of the bargain anyway.

Comment

The last update is very problematic. Please buy this. It's not just my problem--see the comments

Comment

I have a computer specifically for Streamfab (which I bought when it first came out), which stays connected to my television and plays my downloaded content via Kodi. It runs 64bit Win 7 Pro. It is not capable of updating. I have a very modern desktop I built in September, and an excellent laptop (Legion 5 Pro) as well. Neither of these can take the place of my dedicated-to-video laptop (which is 13 years old). I would need to buy another computer for this software.

If Streamfab doesn't work with Win7 anymore, I understand. It would have been nice to know before updating to 6.1.7.0, but I do understand that all things must pass... At this point, I would like to know where I should ask for the method to transfer my license to another computer. I know this might not be the appropriate forum. I would appreciate any input.

Comment

Originally posted by OracleTKD View Post
                          At this point, I would like to know where I should ask for the method to transfer my license to another computer. I know this might not be the appropriate forum. I would appreciate any input.
                          Try just logging in to StreamFab on the new computer. You may first have to log in to the DVDFab webpage and go to the License tab to deauthorize the other computer, but that may not be necessary.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. The media server is on a Win7 box and it simply won't migrate to 10 or 11, I've tried numerous times. It crashes and reverts back to 7 every time yet more than passes minimum requirements. I was able to do a fresh install of Win11 on it but the media server would crash unexpectedly now and then, no rhyme or reason to it not to mention half my DAW's plugins would not run and I'd have to do a fresh install of XAMPP and WAMP and start all over. "You're surprised that nothing works anymore...", funny, the ONLY thing that doesn't work on the Win7 box is SF.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to install a new OS to support a single program that is still broken anyway. It defies logic.

Backdate to 6.1.6.9 test version or 6.1.6.7. The DRM issues are still there but it does work, more or less. Do a complete uninstall and delete the dirs in Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab first and don't save settings during uninstall. It is recommended you use a professional uninstaller but keep in mind there may be unexpected results with other programs on your system so do a full backup first. weavermovies covered 6.1.6.7 in great detail in this thread.

I know I said I wasn't posting on this board anymore..... but of course I still have to read it to find out the status of the DRM fixes..... if and when they ever come..... But I keep reading these posts about re-encoding..... and not being able to stream older 1080p videos..... and Netflix not working at all..... and I

6.1.6.9 test version can be downloaded from this sticky post.

Test version for Amazon and Netflix re-encoding mode (March 15, 2024) New: Add support to download the Netflix new released videos in 1080p with re-encoding mode. (The audio will still be downloaded in Atmos quality.) New: Add support to download the Amazon new released videos with EAC3 5.1 audio using download mode. Download

6.1.7.0 will run on Win11 (at least my install) but the DRM issues are STILL there regardless so it is more or less an exercise in futility.

Win10 is fine once you strip all the bloat and crapware out of it and de-stupify the interface, same with Win-"If I wanted a Mac I'd buy one"-11. Just don't expect all your older programs to migrate, likely not all will. Something the "upgrade" crowd won't tell you.

If SF and its "GetWinX" proponents no longer wish to support Win7 that's fine. The other guys do and the one I'm using in the interim actually works as advertised for my needs.​
                            Last edited by NewMelle; 04-01-2024, 04:58 PM.

Comment

With regards to Windows 7, StreamFab uses Chrome 120, and the last version of Chrome to run on Windows 7 is Chrome 109, so I've been amazed that it was still running on Windows 7 with the latest Chrome versions. Not sure how it was able to do that. I guess that luck finally ran out?

Comment

What it is emulating and what it is running are likely two different creatures. It doesn't look to be a full install of Chrome. Probably more likely only the components necessary to emulate a user agent that satisfies the streaming service. Chrome 109 still works fine with Amazon Prime Video, but as you said, luck will one day run out. I do have the Win11 box specifically for situations like this but only use it when absolutely necessary. It doesn't play all that nicely on a mixed network.

In my old install of Firefox I had a plugin that would send whatever user agent I wanted. Anytime I had to visit microsoft.com I would change it to Winblows Intense Excrement just for giggles. If they checked the access logs I wish I could have seen their face. Priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X