This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using DeepL to translate the Chinese:

"What about Amazon and Netflix DRM keys?

We finally want a true download mode again.

The website has not changed after 3 months! Where are the notifications for Streamfab using the Clevergate method now ?"

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
      Using DeepL to translate the Chinese:

"What about Amazon and Netflix DRM keys?

We finally want a true download mode again.

The website has not changed after 3 months! Where are the notifications for Streamfab using the Clevergate method now ?"
      Marty92

Comment

Netflix is still a bit of an enigma but Amazon is NOT. At least not for a number of other streaming solutions. I've said before "I learned more by figuring out how the other guy did it than I did by any other means" so where's the problem? With all the Chibsons flooding eBay I don't think copying someone else could possibly be an issue.
        An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

You can also use Google Translate (search on that in your browser or go to translate.google.com). Two text boxes appear side-by-side. Text entered in the left box is translated in the right box. There are dropdown lists for selecting the source and destination languages.

Comment

Even though customers have been complaining for the past 2 months, I have not seen any admin come forward to explain to customers? They have collected money and they no longer care about the person who paid, their need now is to only care about new customers. I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE REAL OPERATOR, not Cats4U and jpp72 . Cats4U and jpp72 are just customers like us.

Comment

Originally posted by DVDalibaba View Post
              Even though customers have been complaining for the past 2 months, I have not seen any admin come forward to explain to customers? They have collected money and they no longer care about the person who paid, their need now is to only care about new customers. I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE REAL OPERATOR, not Cats4U and jpp72 . Cats4U and jpp72 are just customers like us.
              That's why you have to put even more pressure on them!

Comment

Originally posted by DVDalibaba View Post
                What do you expect? DRM is there to prevent what SF and Co are doing - it's like the lock on your front door to keep "unwanted visitors" out, and it is a state of the art lock. It is not a question that it will get broken, but it is not predictable when that will be - we are not talking a feature to implement, this is hardcore hacking!

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

For the gazillionth time, that is not what re-encoding does. It is a misnomer. The result of a Chinese misuse of the English language. There is no rescaling or re-encoding involved. If anything, it should be known as the CleverGet method of downloading. It is simply a modified video recording method. This is an example of how it works: Because the user is locked out of doing a 1080p L3 download because they do not have the latest L3 DRM key, they do a screen recording of the video. The screen recording is done on the display from a regular browser, which has the newest DRM built-in. This display is at 1080p (or greater, if available). In order to save time, the video is sped up, two or more times. In other words, for a one-hour show it is displayed and video recorded in half an hour or better. When the screen recording is finished, during processing, the video is slowed down to the correct speed, and if there are any commercials, they are removed. The CleverGet method is known for its sync problems. The commercial removal process is usually where the sync problems appear, but even a few milliseconds miscalculations can ruin a whole video's sync, especially near the end of the video. Another problem with the CleverGet method is that you need fast memory and storage, otherwise you risk losing data. You'll probably run into problems with an old computer with slow RAM and a hard drive for storage (especially if that hard drive is seriously fragmented.) The CleverGet method (aka "re-encoding") is not worth the bother. Stick with 6.1.6.7, which is the last non-"re-encoding" update. You may not get the full resolution that you hope for but, for now, until the DRM gets fixed, you'll have the direct streaming download that you paid big money for. If you must use a video screen recording method, it is best to go with a "1 to 1" screen recorder, meaning one that records a one-hour show in one hour. Even then, it is best to use a newer computer with fast RAM and fast SSD storage.
                  Cats4U,

Thank you for describing (once again) how that works. If it works the way you describe it, that leaves only one question:
                  Why does it not work this way with Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post

What do you expect? DRM is there to prevent what SF and Co are doing - it's like the lock on your front door to keep "unwanted visitors" out, and it is a state of the art lock. It is not a question that it will get broken, but it is not predictable when that will be - we are not talking a feature to implement, this is hardcore hacking!
                    Amazon has been "hacked" for some time now. Just don't look to SF. Netflix is still proving difficult even for those who have cracked Amazon's DRM though. I waited two months but opted to go another route, at least until REAL progress is made. In the 30 days I've used another option not a single issue with a single title. No re-encoding, no hung processes, no crashed modules and none as painfully slow as SF in it's current state. You may still have patience left but my reserves ran dry a while back.

I did get some use out of SF but in no way do I owe them even an iota of loyalty. I paid for it, it was not a gift. Like buying a 30K mile tire and the tread flies off on the highway at 10K miles and the manufacturer can't honor the warranty. I got something, but it would appear "lifetime" isn't it. I just hope those buying licenses for it now know to do their homework so they know what they are getting into.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

I paid a good amount of money to enjoy KFC for life, but for nearly 3 months I have not had KFC provide their services. I complained a lot about KFC, then suddenly someone came and said "what do you expect?" I'm not a beggar, I pay for the service I need. So don't ask such stupid questions!

Comment

BIG News

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-16 193912.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	440907

Comment

Someone here calls it "radio silence"
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

DVDalibaba, NewMelle
                            I do understand the frustration, I am not happy either. However, my frustration doesn't really go against SF but towards Copyright holders, Content rights owners, streaming platform terms of service, and especially to those who make the laws that using any software or means (such as DVD/StreamFab) circumventing any copy protection (DRM) is a violation of law. It's downright outrageous that a law forbids to posess legally purchased content (CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, or even streaming platform content) by copying their content to some local media store such as a private media streaming server (i.e. Plex).
                            Just because SF and other download providers counter copyprotection I will stay loyal to them (for a certain time at least), even if it will take a bit until they can offer again the service we pay(ed) for and take for granted that it works. We all know, that SF and others are operating in a legal grey area which may or may not affect the functional lifespan of their services.

Comment

DVDalibaba, NewMelle
                              I do understand the frustration, I am not happy either. However, my frustration doesn't really go against SF but towards Copyright holders, Content rights owners, streaming platform terms of service, and especially to those who make the laws that using any software or means (such as DVD/StreamFab) circumventing any copy protection (DRM) is a violation of law. It's downright outrageous that a law forbids to posess legally purchased content (CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, or even streaming platform content) by copying their content to some local media store such as a private media streaming server (i.e. Plex).
                              Just because SF and other download providers counter copyprotection I will stay loyal to them (for a certain time at least), even if it will take a bit until they can offer again the service we pay(ed) for and take for granted that it works. We all know, that SF and others are operating in a legal grey area which may or may not affect the functional lifespan of their services.
                              Basically I don't care what they do, or what they have accomplished. I need to know what service they provide, I pay to use the service they provide. If they can no longer provide it, they should announce disbandment and return the money. The rest of the DRM stuff is streamfab's problem, and I don't care. My problem is that I paid streamfab but I can't use it.

Comment

DVDalibaba, NewMelle

I might be more forgiving if there was far more interaction between development and the customers. Perhaps even daily updates. What are the priorities, progress, barriers etc. are and where they stand. At least we would see movement but at present only silence. Others having cracked the DRM long since is only a secondary complaint but the silence compounds this. Although it may not be true, it implies indifference. What really chafes my ass is it is being sold with zero mention of the numerous issues and also sold as a fully functional product. The last thing I want is someone else falling into the same trap we are stuck in currently.

As far as lifespan is concerned I learned my lesson. I will not buy a lifetime license again. I paid for a 2 year license of the other solution (one year was only $16 less). That way should this situation arise again I have a backup one way or the other. No more lifetime licenses unless it is for something like Reaper who thumbs their nose at the money hungry issue-prone resource hogs ProTools and Cubase.

Nothing is more annoying than buffering and stuttering or audio going out of sync. So I guess all these streaming services are only catering to those who have reliable broadband internet access (we're rural and we get a crappy 8Mb here at best). Basically "So sad, too bad. Move into the city." SF and applications like it allow us to watch our movies and shows without these aggravating annoyances. The streaming services are only concerned with one thing and one thing only. Making as much money as they can. Not to provide quality content or bring entertainment to the masses. Just money.

Same with broadband. If there aren't enough suckers on a run there won't be a run in that area. Where we lived last was also once rural (once meaning suburbia had moved in and stunk up the place) and also had crappy i-net (6Mb at best). There were three new subdivisions less than 1/8 mile from us on our road that had fiber. Their reason for not running fiber further down the road past me was "not enough potential subscribers." They simply wouldn't rake in enough dough. Satellite i-net is a joke and if you've never experienced it you're all the better for it.

So in a way I completely agree with you. Those with the money want more and when they get it, what do they want? Even more money of course. Amazon really pissed me off adding ads to their "Included With Prime." Freevee I can see. Now I'm paying them for the privilege of watching shampoo and tampon commercials? I'm an old guy and I'm almost bald for ***** sake. Or, I can pay even more to avoid some of them. We buy a lot of movies on Amazon and we expect to own them from there on out, not just until Amazon sees fit to take it down. So yes, I completely agree they are overbearing and driven by greed and WE are the ones footing the bill and feeding that greed.

I am still going to voice my aggravation regardless. I paid for something I am not getting and am an old biker with a bad temper. I am sure I could find far more colorful ways to express my opinions. Trust me, I've been holding back, just ask my Wife. I can see a month, on the very outside two. We are now pushing three with ZERO from the developers. A little communication would go a long ways.

​​

Comment

Working...
                                X