Latest StreamFab update have UI Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Latest StreamFab update have UI Issues

I recently upgraded to latest version StreamFab 6.1.7.3, now I am facing some UI issues. The screenshots and Logs are attached below.

Please fix this

Screenshots:

Logs:- ​
    StreamFab.log

Originally posted by jackryan09 View Post
    I recently upgraded to latest version StreamFab 6.1.7.3, now I am facing some UI issues. The screenshots and Logs are attached below.

Please fix this

Screenshots:

Logs:- ​
    [ATTACH]n440666[/ATTACH]
    do you still get the error if you reboot your computer ??
    also try clearing your streamfab cache

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you still get the error if you reboot your computer ??
      also try clearing your streamfab cache
      reinstalling worked thanks.

Comment

For the Future:

Before updating, it is best to use an Uninstall Program like Revo Uninstaller.

And it is best never to update via the Online Updater, but always download and use the Offline Installer.

Otherwise, error messages may appear from time to time after the Online Update.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
          For the Future:

And it is best never to update via the Online Updater, but always download and use the Offline Installer.

Otherwise, error messages may appear from time to time after the Online Update.
          thanks for suggestion. will surely keep in mind

Comment

Using the the offline installer is easy to do and if you save the previous version you have the option of reverting to it if problems arise with the new version. Uninstalling before running the installer may solve some problems, but will require purchase of an uninstaller and I assume manually restoring your StreamFab settings. I use the offline installer without uninstalling the installed version and seldom have a problem. The offline installer almost always preserves my settings. In the rare cases where I have had to clear cache files to dolve a problem, it was after the running program terminated abnormally ("crashed" or locked up). I prefer to try the least drastic options first.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
              For the Future:

Just be sure to back up your entire system FIRST. The uninstaller could very well break other programs you paid much more for.

An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

I bought a new system on cloud to avoid this issue. But streamfab 6.1.7.3automatically crashes after 1 download and also mess ups the UI. Logs has been attached below.

Log - StreamFab.log

Comment

Can anyone provide StreamFab 6.1.7.2 it worked better than latest version

Comment

Always be sure to download the offline installer for every version as soon as it is released. If you didn't pay for the Extended Download services when you registered you'll have to cough up $9.99 to download older versions. In a way SF even makes money on the bugs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	paid_older_versions.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	440804

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Can anyone provide StreamFab 6.1.7.2 it worked better than latest version
                      The last few versions are available in stickies (the topics in yellow at the top of the forum). But do download and save ones you like, they disappear eventually.

Comment

Not true. Any link that points to https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64 will download 6.1.7.3. If the link points to an .exe file it should download THAT version. If it points to download.php it will be 6.1.7.3. The 6.1.7.1 beta points to an .exe file.

Comment

Cloud Service provider Kamatera is disabling my Windows Server after using StreamFab, on the basis of repeated violation of policy falling under dangerous actions and Copyright violation.

First time, they will disable some processes and which will nuke streamfab UI and functionality, second time they will block your server.

IDK what streamfab does while downloading content, but it is categorized as dangerous activity. It will be great if developers fixed it.

There is actual 0 interest from developers in this ticket and it's a shame. They don't even bother to reply. OK lets move on.

Comment

Cloud Service provider Kamatera is disabling my Windows Server after using StreamFab, on the basis of repeated violation of policy falling under dangerous actions and Copyright violation.

First time, they will disable some processes and which will nuke streamfab UI and functionality, second time they will block your server.

IDK what streamfab does while downloading content, but it is categorized as dangerous activity. It will be great if developers fixed it.

There is actual 0 interest from developers in this ticket and it's a shame. They don't even bother to reply. OK lets move on.
                            Are you being serious right now? There is absolutely zero StreamFab can do about a Cloud Service provider banning the use of StreamFab or any other app. They can put rules on process names or process signatures or even specific files installed by the program they want to ban. They could even ban any process that download a lot of data in a relatively short period of time if it is downloading from known streaming provider CDNs.

You do not own the server so they dictate the terms of service. Find a different provider that doesn't give a shit what you do on the server. Yes, it's definitely a move on scenario.
                            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I'm not sure I understand. I can't think of how a cloud service could trash a UI on a local machine. ISPs can block certain activities but this usually has little impact on local app running on a local machine. If you're actually running Windows Server locally this could be the culprit as it has hardened security and protocols in place to prevent suspicious activity as it was designed specifically for corporate deployment. Much stricter security than a desktop OS. There may be ways of circumventing these protocols but if it is running i-net accessible services such as HTTP or SQL it could introduce vulnerabilities at the same time.

If it is a local Windows Server are you able to test it on a local Win7/10/11 machine to see if it is still going haywire there as well?

Are you trying to run SF on a virtual machine hosted by Kamatera? If so this is more than likely the issue as these virtual machines are i-net connected and security is really ratcheted up for this very reason. The hosting company will certainly cover its ass. It is highly doubtful they would allow an application such as SF as SF operates in a somewhat gray area of the law. I'm not busting your balls, just trying to understand. I would NOT recommend running SF on a hosted virtual machine. Keep it local. That way any activity seen upstream will look as if it were normal traffic and nothing more.

EDIT: I see jpp72 has also touched on the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X