Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.1.7.4 is awful on SPEED even on SD. DO NOT USE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon 6.1.7.4 is awful on SPEED even on SD. DO NOT USE.

My speed is divided by at leat /100 compared to 6.1.7.3. Is there any QA done before releasing? Please, is there any VERSION that is STABLE and where can I download it?
    Last edited by quebecman; 04-19-2024, 01:26 PM.

weavermovies was kind enough to post links to the most recent versions in this post. In the future be sure to grab each new release when it is released before it goes POOF. You never know when you'll have to backdate these days.

When switching versions be sure to delete the Log and Temp directories in Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab before installing a different version. Nearly all of the issues switching versions had to do with these directories. Any more I rename the install directory to include the version before installing a different version e.g. C:\Program Files\DVDFab\6167StreamFab as I've had to bounce around a lot. 3rd party uninstallers break too much on my system. Your results may vary.

with 6168 everything worked great, with 6169 i cant grab recordings from "sixx", with 6170, no activity on sat1, sixx, with actual from today, nothing works, so i revert to 6169 once again... hope in near future all will be good then.
    An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
      weavermovies was kind enough to post links to the most recent versions in this post. In the future be sure to grab each new release when it is released before it goes POOF. You never know when you'll have to backdate these days.

When switching versions be sure to delete the Log and Temp directories in Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab before installing a different version. Nearly all of the issues switching versions had to do with these directories. Any more I rename the install directory to include the version before installing a different version e.g. C:\Program Files\DVDFab\6167StreamFab as I've had to bounce around a lot. 3rd party uninstallers break too much on my system. Your results may vary.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...rks#post440588
      These Links do not work!
      "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. " is the message you get

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post

These Links do not work!
        "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. " is the message you get
        It also says "access denied". My guess is that the links are only valid during the user's browser session.

Comment

When you guys get a not found or any kind of error when using a link, do you look at the URL in your browser's bar?

Clearly, the link to an exe file should be:

Code:
          https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/49_6169_e6dcb55d/streamfab_x64_6169.exe
          and not

Code:
          https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/49_6169_e6dcb55d/streamfab_x64_6169.exe%E2%80%8B
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

LMAO!!! Never notice that. The forum must be adding a zero-width space at the end of the URL. Thanks jpp72!

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

These Links do not work!
              I'm not sure what/where those links came from.

Maybe try this -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...602#post440602

Unfortunately Fab doesn't keep old versions available for users to download unless they paid for the Extended Download Service Option. If you did pay the $9.99 (usd) fee, then you can go into Member Center at any time, and use the Extended Download option from a long the left.

IF you don't want to pay for it, download the offline installer for each version as they are released, and keep them, in case you need to either re-install, or roll back.

I don't notice a speed decrease with Amazon downloads going from 6.1.7.3 to 6.1.7.4, but I've never sat with a stop watch to time it, and I've got 1gig internet, an RTX3060 graphic card (if GPU Hardware assist is used during re-encode), and i7-14700k (if software is used during re-encode).

Comment

Well, we are doomed. Just rollback with version 6.1.6.9. Unfortunately, you need to stick with version 6.1.7.4 but it's really really slow when it comes to MUXING. We will need to wait for a fix from streamfab.

I do understand this is a CAT and MOUSE game but hey, help!
                Last edited by quebecman; 04-19-2024, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                  I'm not sure what/where those links came from.

Maybe try this -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...602#post440602

Unfortunately Fab doesn't keep old versions available for users to download unless they paid for the Extended Download Service Option. If you did pay the $9.99 (usd) fee, then you can go into Member Center at any time, and use the Extended Download option from a long the left.

IF you don't want to pay for it, download the offline installer for each version as they are released, and keep them, in case you need to either re-install, or roll back.

I don't notice a speed decrease with Amazon downloads going from 6.1.7.3 to 6.1.7.4, but I've never sat with a stop watch to time it, and I've got 1gig internet, an RTX3060 graphic card (if GPU Hardware assist is used during re-encode), and i7-14700k (if software is used during re-encode).
                  Thanks, but I certainly won't be paying any money to download older versions. They've already got enough money from me - I'm not going to throw my hard-earned money at them!

Comment

In the future be sure to grab each new release when it is released before it goes POOF. You never know when you'll have to backdate these days.

Must be an echo in here.

I've got 1gig internet, an RTX3060 graphic card (if GPU Hardware assist is used during re-encode), and i7-14700k (if software is used during re-encode).
                    So you've got a $330 vid card, $400 processor and fiber i-net. Hooray for you! I'm sure the scum sucking suburbanites with fiber in town living so close together they rub asses would be quite impressed. Us dumb rural hicks in the middle of nowhere aren't good enough to run fiber to so we're stuck with ADSL, and barely that. Just not enough suckers in my neck of the woods to run fiber to.

I feel it is in bad form to charge a fee of any kind to download previous versions when they consistently screw the pooch version after version and force some of us to backdate to regain some semblance of functionality for software we paid a premium for in advance.

Comment

These Links do not work!
                      If you look at the original post I made with the links..... you'll notice that I made a post immediately after that which said the post was "Unapproved" and it was probably due to it containing 13 links..... then a little later on when StreamFab released the post..... they had modified most all the links so they would no longer work.....

The forum has no option to delete posts so I couldn't take it down..... and when StreamFab finally had released the post..... there was no longer any option available to edit anything.....

Although in hindsight..... I should probably focus more on beating that poor dead horse with one liners and short stories on how great the competition is and how untenable StreamFab has become.....

That would be much more constructive.

HINT:..... Right click on the link..... Click on "Copy link"..... Paste it in your address bar..... Delete everything after the ".exe" on the end..... then press enter.
                      Last edited by weavermovies; 04-19-2024, 05:48 PM.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Yes, what do you expect? Free old versions? That would be against company policy, you must pay for old versions. You must pay for new modules, you must pay.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

If you look at the original post I made with the links..... you'll notice that I made a post immediately after that which said the post was "Unapproved" and it was probably due to it containing 13 links..... then a little later on when StreamFab released the post..... they had modified most all the links so they would no longer work.....

The forum has no option to delete posts so I couldn't take it down..... and when StreamFab finally had released the post..... there was no longer any option available to edit anything.....

Although in hindsight..... I should probably focus more on beating that poor dead horse with one liners and short stories on how great the competition is and how untenable StreamFab has become.....

That would be much more constructive.
                          You'll notice ALL the previous direct links to the actual installers are gone at the top of the forums now. You're a bad man Weaver! You took food out of a starving child's mouth by posting those links. And YES, I AM being facetious there. I for one appreciate the effort you put in to help another member by posting those links. That's far more than what the powers that be would do. That costs money. They're probably stuffing their faces with dumplings that paid for this very minute.

Am I going to speak my mind? Yes. I PAID for that right with my hard earned money. I'm retired and damn well earned retirement spending 35+ years in IT, most of it customer oriented so I took more than my share of ass chewings for things that were NOT my fault and took my lumps quietly. Needless to say my paychecks are small so every dollar counts. I've been fairly decent about posting save for when some obnoxious GamR posts snotty insulting drivel at another member for no other reason than to be a shithead. I'm an old gray haired biker so I can get quite colorful when the situation calls for it, but it hasn't yet.

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                          Yes, what do you expect? Free old versions? That would be against company policy, you must pay for old versions. You must pay for new modules, you must pay.
                          I said this in another post. I feel it is in bad form to charge a fee of any kind to download previous versions when they consistently screw the pooch version after version and force some of us to backdate to regain some semblance of functionality for software we paid a premium for in advance.​

Comment

Yes, speed is bad.
                            Most of my time is spent on Amazon lately with episodes of certain shows.
                            What I could do in prior versions was select 580p and not have to worry about long processing, but now no matter what resolution I pick it seems to go into processing long time.
                            For the shows which I maybe watch 2 times, 580 was fine.

Since they insist on doing the re-encoding and seems what we will be stuck with it, I agree with others we should be able to bypass and download as 580p without the long processing.
                            Like add a no re-encoding mode option check box or selection.
                            Also, it does seem they implemented a poor copy of clever get, although you can get things faster with that program, although they also have the same audio issue.

And like others I have no money to buy the 'other' program, and they are crazy taking bitcoin through PayPal of all places.

Comment

You'll notice ALL the previous direct links to the actual installers are gone at the top of the forums now.
                              I removed the old versions at the top as they are completely useless. The download link is a link that fetches the latest version so why clutter the pinned topics? I was annoyed at how long the list of pinned topics was so i cleaned up. The only good thing about those topics was the changelog but the full changelog is available here.

I said this in another post. I feel it is in bad form to charge a fee of any kind to download previous versions when they consistently screw the pooch version after version and force some of us to backdate to regain some semblance of functionality for software we paid a premium for in advance.​
                              100%
                              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
                              X