6174 Wrong Audio Downloads / Numbering Also Off Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
    I hear you, but this is not what's going on here. This is not new video. It is a new problem with the new version of the program.
    Well, that's not the case, Sir. The competition has already determined that the audio issue is on AMZN's side. StreamFab may be multiplying the issue, but it does exist.

NewMelle : I don't d/l series, so I don't know what to tell you. I wish I could better advise you. Note that I haven't used SF in a month or so for anything related to AMZN. Everything I go for on that site is with the competition's product, since it works. It may be temporary, and only a glitch, since a video I downloaded yesterday was only available at 128kb/s, yet today I got 224kb/s EAC3 on the same video. Things are in flux. All I can say is be patient, and eventually this will all get sorted. By newer, I was referring to vids just made available on the network.

Don't shoot the messenger gentlemen...

Comment

May I ask which video? I checked the last 20 I grabbed and the only ones with an audio bitrate other than 640 Kb/s for EAC3 were a documentary and two very old titles (Lorenzo's Oil 1992 and Spirit Rider 1993) at 224kb/s. Maybe I've been utilizing a different competitor? The newest title I bought was Land of Bad released 03-19-24 on Amazon and it is 640kb/s EAC3 6 channel. I'm in the US if that makes any difference.

Bitrate for me is somewhat of a secondary concern as no shows will come down EAC3 6 channel at any bitrate but only AAC 2 stereo. I'm not using SF for any movies right now due to the painfully slow processing times and StreamClient.exe crashes the majority of the time towards the end of the processing before re-muxing. That is if it doesn't fall flat on it's face right out of the gate or analyze forever. With the stereo only issue I'm not using SF for episodic TV, so basically I'm not using it at all.

All the series episodes I tested earlier in this thread came down 192kb/s AAC 2 stereo with SF and 640kb/s EAC3 6 channel with the other option I used. Fallout is a very recent series so if I have time today I'll test with that as well, unless someone else beats me to it.
      An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
        May I ask which video? I checked the last 20 I grabbed and the only ones with an audio bitrate other than 640 Kb/s for EAC3 were a documentary and two very old titles (Lorenzo's Oil 1992 and Spirit Rider 1993) at 224kb/s. Maybe I've been utilizing a different competitor? The newest title I bought was Land of Bad released 03-19-24 on Amazon and it is 640kb/s EAC3 6 channel. I'm in the US if that makes any difference.

Bitrate for me is somewhat of a secondary concern as no shows will come down EAC3 6 channel at any bitrate but only AAC 2 stereo. I'm not using SF for any movies right now due to the painfully slow processing times and StreamClient.exe crashes the majority of the time towards the end of the processing before re-muxing. That is if it doesn't fall flat on it's face right out of the gate or analyze forever. With the stereo only issue I'm not using SF for episodic TV, so basically I'm not using it at all.

All the series episodes I tested earlier in this thread came down 192kb/s AAC 2 stereo with SF and 640kb/s EAC3 6 channel with the other option I used. Fallout is a very recent series so if I have time today I'll test with that as well, unless someone else beats me to it.
        I grabbed (bought) The Coffee Table (2022) (La mesita del comedor) which was just put online. The first time I d/l'ed it, it came down as 128 kb/s no matter CBR or CVBR, but the last time I tried on a whim, it came down as 224kb/s in CVBR.

Comment

radiah I think I finally came across an example of what you were talking about. One very recent title was shown EAC3 5.1 available in SF but "Other" saw only AAC 2. Audio via SF ended up being AAC 2. I wasn't able to test The Coffee Table (in the US) since it was paid. I'm wondering if some regions are affected more than others?

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

All... just confirming that "correct" behavior of program now is to download any very new AMZN content which is 5.1 in stereo lower quality AAC format... right?

Comment

It would appear there is no choice in the matter. Choose from AAC 2.0, AAC 2.0 or AAC 2.0. No matter what you select in the download settings the episode is AAC 2.0. Now it would also seem it affects some movies as well. Tried one yesterday and the results were the same as above. EAC3 5.1 chosen, AAC 2.0 delivered. However A$ delivered EAC3 5.1, again same as above.

Comment

Saying it again. Before the API got an update, 5.1 640 audio was a thing. Going to 6174, downloading content from years ago is now aac 128. I highly doubt they recoded all that previous old content just to screw with our audio, It would be video too.

Comment

Working...
                X